Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: just another truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Senior User

Feardeere7 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Auto salvage/junkyards in sothern Michigan?

I am looking for some good auto salvage/junkyards in sothern Michigan. I am looking for 73'-79' ford truck parts for my restoration project. Any of y'all got any recomdations? Any info would greatly help!
Thanks,
Hunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikinfool05 View Post
Like 77/79 said ten feet of chain and 4 low can shut a lot of these types up.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...l#post13600334
Old 09-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Postmaster

Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.
There's a few west of Detroit I like, but it's been a long time since I've seen any seventies Ford's in the boneyards. They get them in and strip them off any thing salvageable due till the popularity of the truck .
Old 09-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Excursion Fleet Manager

Sunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputation
I was at Stoney Creek Auto one time down near Carleton. Not a bad place, but small. They did have some older stuff to pick from though. Anything over along the Telegraph corridor has mostly '90s stuff.

I bought a headlight and turn signal from Stoney Creek (went to clear corners on my old Ex) and they even polished it up on the buffing wheel for me. Prices weren't too bad. That was already pulled though. I pulled a couple parts myself from the yard and prices were definitely reasonable.

I haven't found anything good for late model stuff around here. The best I've found is Gene's Auto Parts up in Traverse City, so if I need something, I head over there when I'm up there. I wanted a tan/black button (new style) Homelink unit to add to my Cruze, and the I luckily found one like that in an '03 Freestar at one of the Taylor/Telegraph yards, but it was like one of the newest vehicles in the place. It worked, but I would have preferred newer.

The best honey hole of all that I've found is Swain's Junkyard up in Bellaire. Old time yard with lots of old cars, even though they have things up into the '90s. A buddy rebuild/restored his '86 GMC Pickup and needed a few parts he hadn't been able to source locally to Lake Orion. We went over there one day and he found exactly what he needed, in excellent condition! Wandering through the place is worth the trip itself.
2007 Sunline Solaris T-286SR travel trailer, 3/8/06, 7365.5
Old 10-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Senior User

Feardeere7 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey guys thanks for the info!! I will defiantly check into some of those places!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikinfool05 View Post
Like 77/79 said ten feet of chain and 4 low can shut a lot of these types up.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...l#post13600334
Old 10-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Posting Guru

FordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
I was at Stoney Creek Auto one time down near Carleton. Not a bad place, but small. They did have some older stuff to pick from though. Anything over along the Telegraph corridor has mostly '90s stuff.

I bought a headlight and turn signal from Stoney Creek (went to clear corners on my old Ex) and they even polished it up on the buffing wheel for me. Prices weren't too bad. That was already pulled though. I pulled a couple parts myself from the yard and prices were definitely reasonable.

I haven't found anything good for late model stuff around here. The best I've found is Gene's Auto Parts up in Traverse City, so if I need something, I head over there when I'm up there. I wanted a tan/black button (new style) Homelink unit to add to my Cruze, and the I luckily found one like that in an '03 Freestar at one of the Taylor/Telegraph yards, but it was like one of the newest vehicles in the place. It worked, but I would have preferred newer.

The best honey hole of all that I've found is Swain's Junkyard up in Bellaire. Old time yard with lots of old cars, even though they have things up into the '90s. A buddy rebuild/restored his '86 GMC Pickup and needed a few parts he hadn't been able to source locally to Lake Orion. We went over there one day and he found exactly what he needed, in excellent condition! Wandering through the place is worth the trip itself.
Swain's is pretty cool. All the old trucks lying around. Up until today, I lived a mile from Gene's.

By the way, there is a nice looking T bird for sale at the local Ford store.
2014 Escape Titanium Ecoboost 2.0crappyMPG!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Excursion Fleet Manager

Sunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart View Post
Swain's is pretty cool. All the old trucks lying around. Up until today, I lived a mile from Gene's. By the way, there is a nice looking T bird for sale at the local Ford store.
It is a fun place to roam around, I could spend a lot more time there than I have.

Is the T-bird still there? The salesman said they'd try to sell it, then put it in storage for the winter and try to sell again in the spring. So if you see it disappear in the coming weeks, that could be why...

He's already got 2700 on the Z because they took it to a wedding in the Wisconsin Dells last weekend.
2007 Sunline Solaris T-286SR travel trailer, 3/8/06, 7365.5
Old 10-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Posting Guru

FordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to all
Yes, the Tbird is still there. Kevin, the used car manager had his 2nd heart attack, but is doing good now. Great guy too. He owns a couple nice Mustangs.
2014 Escape Titanium Ecoboost 2.0crappyMPG!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:09 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter