Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Senior User

Slowpoke Slim is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Slowpoke Slim is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Truck goes in for it's first service Saturday

I finally hit 5000 miles in my new truck this week. I bought it back in November last year, lol. The OD is sitting on 5300 miles today, since I made a trip to Williston and back on Tuesday.

Yeah, you could say I haven't driven it many miles! I hope the dealer doesn't give me any crap about the time interval?

Guy on phone said the service fee should be around $42, since it's a 6.2 gas engine.

I took a rock into the windshield last week and it has a crack in it already too. Have to see how much a windshield is, and call my insurance and see what the deal will be? I have Progressive, for the last 5 years, and never had a claim on anything yet, so we'll see what they say.

Anyway, I'll post back with my experience after the service is done.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Senior User

Slowpoke Slim is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Slowpoke Slim is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Just got my truck home from the dealer. Other than forgetting to call me and tell me it was done, all is well. There was no charge for the service, but they did charge me $12 for rotating the tires (worth it).

The guy felt so bad about not calling me he gave me 3 free car washes. They even washed it and vacuumed out the interior.

Tuesday I take it down to the glass shop for a new windshield.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Senior User

Got my new windshield installed Tuesday. I don't know how much the SD windshields cost, all it cost me was the deductible on my insurance. But my insurance guy kind of gasped a little bit on the phone, as he was talking to me while he looked it up.

Just curious how much those "Superduty" logo'd windshields run? Anyone know?

The glass shop said it would take 3 hours to replace it, which surprised me, as I had the windshield replaced in my old truck before and it took less than an hour. I dropped it off early, 8 am, and told the guy I had to be at a job site in town, no later than 12 noon. He says no problem, he'll call me when it's done. I come back, right before noon, and my truck is sitting there done, no phone call.

Now I'm irritated, but just need to pick it up and go. I hand the kid my card to pay the deductible, and he can't figure out how to run the card machine. Tells me something's wrong with my card. Now I'm starting to get truly mad. Nothing wrong with my card, it's saying "no communications" on the reader. I even call my bank, yup, cards fine, shows no transaction was received.

Kid just sits there, his attitude was "Oh well". Says it's my card, and walks back into the shop. I have to call my wife to leave her job and bring me the checkbook. Now I'm going to be late to my customer's job site. Now I'm truly good and angry.

Now another, older employee shows up and walks through the lobby, he makes the mistake of asking me if I've been taken care of (lol). I tell him no, and tell him why, I let him know that I'm pretty mad, but trying to be nice to this guy. He looks at the card machine, and says, yeah, it's not working, let me call the tech support guy. The whole time he's apologizing to me and thanking me for being polite.

I tell him it's hard to do, because since their customer service has failed, my own customer isn't getting taken care of right now, which is the main reason I'm angry.

Long story short, my wife shows up so I can pay the bill, I write them a check, and as I walk out, the older guy starts ripping into the kid that blew me off and never called me to tell me my truck was done.

I've already made several calls to my customer to apologize for being late, and finally was able to let him know I was on my way. My customer was very understanding, but it's a pet peeve of mine to be late to a job.

I may call the owner of the glass shop next week and have a chat with him about his customer service issue. Always better to have these chats when I'm no longer angry.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:20 PM

rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.
If you think a windshield is bad price a tailgate, I had a little problem unhooking our 5th wheel last week but it's nothing that I$1228.00 won't take care of. I'm back to a lovered tailgate and I moved my backup camera to the lovered tailgate.

Denny
Old 08-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Posting Guru

jonrjen has a great reputation on FTE.jonrjen has a great reputation on FTE.jonrjen has a great reputation on FTE.jonrjen has a great reputation on FTE.jonrjen has a great reputation on FTE.
I don't use my insurance for windshield replacement. Last time that I did I found out that they bill the insurance company $1,000. That was many years ago with I had a %$50 deductible. Now I go with a $1,000 detectable simply to save on the insurance premiums.

Anyway a new windshield installed with the Ford logo only cost $230 installed.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:51 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8