Almost there guys - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums



Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

Almost there guys

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 08-11-2013, 10:38 AM
RAY1986F150's Avatar
RAY1986F150 RAY1986F150 is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Taylorsville, KY
Posts: 1,130
RAY1986F150 has a good reputation on FTE.RAY1986F150 has a good reputation on FTE.
Almost there guys

Guys,
I am almost ready to move. I have a few more weeks if I get this job. I am flying into Louisville tomorrow night for a job interview Tuesday morning. Its a Senior CAD Technician position with Remington Arms. Big time Solidworks dream job. If you don't know what Solidworks is, look it up. Its a 3D modeling software used in mechanical design and drafting. Wish me luck!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-11-2013, 04:25 PM
SideWinder4.9l's Avatar
SideWinder4.9l SideWinder4.9l is offline
FTE Chapter Leader
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eastern Ky
Posts: 8,609
SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY1986F150 View Post
Guys,
I am almost ready to move. I have a few more weeks if I get this job. I am flying into Louisville tomorrow night for a job interview Tuesday morning. Its a Senior CAD Technician position with Remington Arms. Big time Solidworks dream job. If you don't know what Solidworks is, look it up. Its a 3D modeling software used in mechanical design and drafting. Wish me luck!!
Good luck man! Hope you fulfill your dreams and aspirations!

I will admit though, this year and the past has been 2 of the hardest years of my life.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Steven Boatwright Steven Boatwright is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 15
Steven Boatwright is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thats awesome
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-11-2013, 07:56 PM
RAY1986F150's Avatar
RAY1986F150 RAY1986F150 is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Taylorsville, KY
Posts: 1,130
RAY1986F150 has a good reputation on FTE.RAY1986F150 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l View Post
Good luck man! Hope you fulfill your dreams and aspirations!

I will admit though, this year and the past has been 2 of the hardest years of my life.
1. You will become what you think about.
2. Imagine and dream about what you want to be/do/want.
3. Courage - Concentrate on the goal daily.
4. Save 10% of what you earn.
5. Action - Ideas are worthless unless we act on them.

This is what I do. Hasn't failed me yet and success seems to be following me. Success is defined by those who are continually taking small steps towards their goal. If you have no goals you won't succeed at them. Find something that makes you want to get out of the bed and go to work, and make that your goal. The rest will fall into place.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-12-2013, 07:19 AM
CampSpringsJohn's Avatar
CampSpringsJohn CampSpringsJohn is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Melbourne, Ky
Posts: 13,777
CampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputation
Sounds great Ray! I hope it works out for you!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-12-2013, 09:06 AM
rywegh's Avatar
rywegh rywegh is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: northern kentucky
Posts: 2,444
rywegh has a good reputation on FTE.rywegh has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY1986F150 View Post
1. You will become what you think about.
2. Imagine and dream about what you want to be/do/want.
3. Courage - Concentrate on the goal daily.
4. Save 10% of what you earn.
5. Action - Ideas are worthless unless we act on them.

This is what I do. Hasn't failed me yet and success seems to be following me. Success is defined by those who are continually taking small steps towards their goal. If you have no goals you won't succeed at them. Find something that makes you want to get out of the bed and go to work, and make that your goal. The rest will fall into place.
Great tips there Ray! It's what I am trying to do. Almost done with my degree and back to the real world I go.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-12-2013, 11:36 AM
EffieTrucker's Avatar
EffieTrucker EffieTrucker is online now
Kentucky Chapter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Eastern Kentucky
Posts: 2,221
EffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to behold
Good luck on the hunt.

We'll be here when you get here.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-20-2013, 06:09 PM
KentuckyRifle's Avatar
KentuckyRifle KentuckyRifle is offline
Freshman User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Southern Kentucky
Posts: 29
KentuckyRifle is starting off with a positive reputation.
Solidworks is amazing software...Ive used it occasionally though i wish i had formal training with it. We use Mastercam and Bobcad. My friend is a lead engineer at reminton rifle division and hes the one who introduced me to Solidworks...good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-20-2013, 08:15 PM
RAY1986F150's Avatar
RAY1986F150 RAY1986F150 is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Taylorsville, KY
Posts: 1,130
RAY1986F150 has a good reputation on FTE.RAY1986F150 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyRifle View Post
Solidworks is amazing software...Ive used it occasionally though i wish i had formal training with it. We use Mastercam and Bobcad. My friend is a lead engineer at reminton rifle division and hes the one who introduced me to Solidworks...good luck!
Wow! What a small world. Tell him to put a good word in for me! lol. I want this position SO bad. My wife and I are on edge waiting for the call and offer.....the interview went really well and I left there with the impression that they really liked me and that in the least I was a front runner. But its been a week and I've had limited communication with them and nothing about the job yet.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-20-2013, 10:35 PM
EffieTrucker's Avatar
EffieTrucker EffieTrucker is online now
Kentucky Chapter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Eastern Kentucky
Posts: 2,221
EffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY1986F150 View Post
Wow! What a small world. Tell him to put a good word in for me! lol. I want this position SO bad. My wife and I are on edge waiting for the call and offer.....the interview went really well and I left there with the impression that they really liked me and that in the least I was a front runner. But its been a week and I've had limited communication with them and nothing about the job yet.
Have you sent them a "thank you for the opportunity to interview/looking forward to hearing from you" letter?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-21-2013, 07:45 AM
RAY1986F150's Avatar
RAY1986F150 RAY1986F150 is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Taylorsville, KY
Posts: 1,130
RAY1986F150 has a good reputation on FTE.RAY1986F150 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffieTrucker View Post
Have you sent them a "thank you for the opportunity to interview/looking forward to hearing from you" letter?
I've had several emails back and forth with the HR manager and the Drafting manager since I have left and thanked them many times.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:48 PM
RAY1986F150's Avatar
RAY1986F150 RAY1986F150 is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Taylorsville, KY
Posts: 1,130
RAY1986F150 has a good reputation on FTE.RAY1986F150 has a good reputation on FTE.
Got the job fellas. I'll be in town by the first weekend of October.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-29-2013, 10:59 PM
SideWinder4.9l's Avatar
SideWinder4.9l SideWinder4.9l is offline
FTE Chapter Leader
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eastern Ky
Posts: 8,609
SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY1986F150 View Post
Got the job fellas. I'll be in town by the first weekend of October.
Awesome news!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-29-2013, 11:21 PM
EffieTrucker's Avatar
EffieTrucker EffieTrucker is online now
Kentucky Chapter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Eastern Kentucky
Posts: 2,221
EffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to beholdEffieTrucker is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY1986F150 View Post
Got the job fellas. I'll be in town by the first weekend of October.
Congrats are in order.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Towing Mirrors MustangMatt96GT 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 9 02-08-2014 02:53 PM
Job1,Job2...Discuss.. schlepprock250 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel 7 07-12-2012 04:10 PM
300-6 blueprints? RVF150 Ford Inline Six, 200, 250, 4.9L / 300 3 05-30-2012 08:07 AM
Got an paint job estimate for my 51 F7!! Chicago Fire Patrol 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 34 09-26-2011 09:37 AM
Take My Job.....Please! cpe41 General NON-Automotive Conversation 17 12-27-2005 03:56 PM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > >

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 PM.