Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

A̶u̶g̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶M̶e̶e̶t̶

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 06:16 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A̶u̶g̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶M̶e̶e̶t̶

Alright time to debate on the August meet. So when Sean, Brute, and myself were at the last meet, Brute came up with the idea of making the meet kind of a standard Thursday thing. That way people who have plans on the weekend, they can still make the meet. What does everyone think about this? Seems like an alright idea to me, my only concern would be peoples work schedule.

Last edited by GruesomeJeans; 08-28-2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Meet finished!
Old 07-30-2013, 01:27 AM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thursdays are usually better than weekends. The 30th?

Old 07-30-2013, 01:59 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
It would be the 29th OR the 22nd. Depends on what is convenient for everyone. I should be alright for either. On top of that we have to decide again on a place, Jimmy Macs was great and all but with only 3 of us there, we thought maybe moving it a bit further north would help you guys out some.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:29 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
I see one problem for me. I get paid on Fridays
Also too may trips to Jimmy Macs AND I WILL GET FAT

Just too damm good all around.

Sean

Old 08-01-2013, 01:11 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Yahiko
I see one problem for me. I get paid on Fridays
Also too may trips to Jimmy Macs AND I WILL GET FAT

Just too damm good all around.

Sean
Set aside like $20 in an envelope in a safe so you don't use it.

Plus I know what you mean, hat bacon burger was awesome! Next time we can look at a small appetizer too. Like, onion rings or something.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:25 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Me OINK

Sean

Old 08-01-2013, 01:28 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
You know, Round Table helped with that. Their pizza was so greasy we couldn't eat a ton of it. Haha.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:12 PM
jgavac
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Thursdays will work pretty good for me. The college class that I'll be taking over at Everett Community College is on Tuesdays and Thursdays and ends at 4:30, so I would already be over on the mainland. Not to mention I won't have to sit in traffic...

Old 08-07-2013, 07:13 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by jgavac
Thursdays will work pretty good for me. The college class that I'll be taking over at Everett Community College is on Tuesdays and Thursdays and ends at 4:30, so I would already be over on the mainland. Not to mention I won't have to sit in traffic...
Sounds like a darn good plan there. Hey is your Baja almost road ready or no? I'll most likely be driving mine to the meet this month. I don't think the bronco will be fixed for a little while.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:57 AM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What broke on the Bronco?

Old 08-08-2013, 02:59 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
The Proportioning calve seems to be leaking pretty badly and I think there is a leak in part of the steel line going to the rear brakes. It explains why my brakes are not very good and why the fluid for the rear brakes is always drying up. Since I can't afford parts right now, the beetle is my transportation. I could drive the truck but I don't like the idea of the brakes not being very good especially on the highway.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
The Proportioning calve seems to be leaking pretty badly and I think there is a leak in part of the steel line going to the rear brakes. It explains why my brakes are not very good and why the fluid for the rear brakes is always drying up. Since I can't afford parts right now, the beetle is my transportation. I could drive the truck but I don't like the idea of the brakes not being very good especially on the highway.
Hey Dylan....I dunno if this helps out or not but I found this info about your proportioning valve replacement with links to Bronco specific vendors.
new proportioning valve 79 bronco too good to be true - 78-79 Ford Bronco Tech Support - Ford Bronco Zone Early Bronco Classic FullSize Broncos

If you know where your rear line leak is, for just a few bucks, you can get a short section of brake line and splice it in. You'll need a flare tool that does double flares.
I had a 91 ex state police Bronc that a retired trooper commander bought when it came up at auction. He dumped a butt load of go fast and suspension goodies into it before I bought it from him. That BEAST sure could haul the mail! On the other hand....she never passed a gas station...never. Sure miss that ole Bronc and my other 68 Bronc.
Capt'n

Old 08-08-2013, 12:23 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Hey Cap'n thanks for the link but the only thing I got from it was how to remove it. It's still information I can use though.

I don't have, nor can I afford a double flaring tool and the stuff to splice in the line. I'd prefer to get the full metal line and replace it all BUT that's only if it actually needs it. I can't get a good look at the darn thing cause its tucked into the frame.

EDIT: The other thing I noticed is the JBG one is JUST the proportioning valve. I need a combo that includes the metering valve as well.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Cap'n thanks for the link but the only thing I got from it was how to remove it. It's still information I can use though.

I don't have, nor can I afford a double flaring tool and the stuff to splice in the line. I'd prefer to get the full metal line and replace it all BUT that's only if it actually needs it. I can't get a good look at the darn thing cause its tucked into the frame.

EDIT: The other thing I noticed is the JBG one is JUST the proportioning valve. I need a combo that includes the metering valve as well.
Oh well....to bad I'm so far away...I have the double flare tool and a lift.
Capt'n

Old 08-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader

Find out if it's a 37 or a 45 degree. I have a 37 that will should so steel lines.
I'll check and let you know.

Sean -drink

Quick Reply: A̶u̶g̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶M̶e̶e̶t̶