Sponsored by: Moser

Monster Transmission C6?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 11:03 PM
SuperDuty93
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Monster Transmission C6?

Anyone heard of or used a c6 from these guys? Ive read a lot of reviews about every tranny from them almost but not a single c6 owner.... Ive heard that a lot of trannys have had issues and they will not back their warranty which is BS. But ive also read some good reviews and see their brand used on a lot of truck/car tv shows. Im curious as to if its worth it? Ill be building my 445 and looks like ima have ported aluminum heads and a mild-hot cam. Something so its more of a toy then a hauler but still will have torque when the occasion of hauling my toys on a trailer is needed.

If I went with one of these I was going to sell my c6 instead of rebuilding it. The quotes I got were around a grand for a rebuild on mine in order to handle 500+ HP but it seems like monster does more then any of the shops here would do...
Also do to the goofy bell housing on FE motors they said they will make sure to pull the right C6 off the shelf to rebuild "" ...

Here are the two options offered by monster

Heavy Duty Package Rated to 500HP
C6 Transmission Remanufactured Heavy Duty Performance : Big Block
Super Sport Package Rated to 800
C6 Transmission Remanufactured High Performance Race Transmission : Big Block

Old 06-15-2013, 11:26 PM
410 Highboy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lentech is another option for automatic transmissions . They can build an aod for you .
I have a good auto trans shop in my town .I will most likely stay with the C-6 when the time comes .

Old 06-15-2013, 11:37 PM
SuperDuty93
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by 410 Highboy
Lentech is another option for automatic transmissions . They can build an aod for you .
I have a good auto trans shop in my town .I will most likely stay with the C-6 when the time comes .
I thought a manual was the only option to get a 4th gear with a FE motor? Unless I got a gear vendors over drive to put on the 3 speed auto c6?

Old 06-16-2013, 08:43 AM
410 Highboy
Senior User
It is a high dollar special order item . I priced one . You have to call or email details about your truck , and they will price one for you . They include the adaptor and all else . You could get an adaptor from Jegs at on time .

Old 06-16-2013, 03:14 PM
mikeo0o0o0
Hotshot
Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts
Another good C6 rebuilder is Broader Performance in Weatherford, TX.
Mine cost me $1400.00 including torque converter and freight to central Florida
Broader Performance

Old 06-17-2013, 01:14 AM
SuperDuty93
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by mikeo0o0o0
Another good C6 rebuilder is Broader Performance in Weatherford, TX.
Mine cost me $1400.00 including torque converter and freight to central Florida
Broader Performance
How do you like it? Which one is it on there?

Old 06-17-2013, 06:48 PM
mikeo0o0o0
Hotshot
Personally mine hasn't hit the streets yet. I'm still knee deep in the restoration of the Pumpkin. I do have two buddies who also have Broader transmissions and they are both very happy with them. The shifts are firm but not harsh.
Mine was the wide ratio 500HP model, looking at his website it looks like it's now a 700HP wide ratio model.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:06 PM
skyguy77
New User
Originally Posted by SuperDuty93
Anyone heard of or used a c6 from these guys? Ive read a lot of reviews about every tranny from them almost but not a single c6 owner.... Ive heard that a lot of trannys have had issues and they will not back their warranty which is BS. But ive also read some good reviews and see their brand used on a lot of truck/car tv shows. Im curious as to if its worth it? Ill be building my 445 and looks like ima have ported aluminum heads and a mild-hot cam. Something so its more of a toy then a hauler but still will have torque when the occasion of hauling my toys on a trailer is needed.

If I went with one of these I was going to sell my c6 instead of rebuilding it. The quotes I got were around a grand for a rebuild on mine in order to handle 500+ HP but it seems like monster does more then any of the shops here would do...
Also do to the goofy bell housing on FE motors they said they will make sure to pull the right C6 off the shelf to rebuild "" ...

Here are the two options offered by monster

Heavy Duty Package Rated to 500HP
C6 Transmission Remanufactured Heavy Duty Performance : Big Block
Super Sport Package Rated to 800
C6 Transmission Remanufactured High Performance Race Transmission : Big Block
I have a c6 in my 77 highboy and it is bulletproof. Perfect for towing too. Stick with the c6 they are awesome

Old 06-18-2013, 12:52 AM
SuperDuty93
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by skyguy77
I have a c6 in my 77 highboy and it is bulletproof. Perfect for towing too. Stick with the c6 they are awesome
Yea I was planning on keeping a c6.lol Is urs from monster or you just saying you have a c6 haha?

Old 06-18-2013, 06:28 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Jay at Broader knows his stuff. Although I have never ran one of his trans, I have and do buy a lot of stuff from him. After several conversations with him on the phone I wouldn't be afraid to run one of his in anything.

I only don't because I am perfectly capable to build my own, and have built them to handle 900+hp easily enough.

With that said, a stock C6 will live behind a 500hp motor just fine so don't get to wrapped up in hype by monster or anyone else.

If it was my money (and I wasn't going to just build it) I would go with Jay.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:56 PM
mikeo0o0o0
Hotshot
Originally Posted by monsterbaby
Jay at Broader knows his stuff.
X2. I talked to Jay several times while he was building mine and he comes across as very knowledgeable .
Like I said, I haven't had the chance yet to drive mine but the two cars that I've ridden in that had Broader transmissions had nice firm shifts without being harsh. The guys love their transmissions.One dumped a B&M to install the Broader trans and said he couldn't be happier.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:54 AM
SuperDuty93
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by mikeo0o0o0
X2. I talked to Jay several times while he was building mine and he comes across as very knowledgeable .
Like I said, I haven't had the chance yet to drive mine but the two cars that I've ridden in that had Broader transmissions had nice firm shifts without being harsh. The guys love their transmissions.One dumped a B&M to install the Broader trans and said he couldn't be happier.
I called them twice today with no answer. Left two messages and no call back. Then I called monster and the woman on the phone was FOS . Think ill go with Broader if they call me or answer!

Old 06-19-2013, 05:42 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Give him a chance as Jay is a one man shop basically. If he happens to be a show or a race event somewhere may take a day to get back to you. BUT he will.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:09 PM
SuperDuty93
Fleet Mechanic
Give him a chance as Jay is a one man shop basically. If he happens to be a show or a race event somewhere may take a day to get back to you. BUT he will.
Good to know. Thanks!

Old 06-19-2013, 06:32 PM
mikeo0o0o0
Hotshot
Rob beat me to it but when you're talking to Jay you're talking to THE person you want. He's pretty much a "one horse show" but, in this case, that's a good thing.

Quick Reply: Monster Transmission C6?