1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OT Oklahoma stage 5 tornado today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 12:29 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by 49f3dls
One of my clients was the REACT assoc the guys that set up communications before cells were so common. We would go into these area hit by storms and help the police and fire guys. You would not believe the power and destruction until you were right I the Aftermath. Our hearts go out to the families that lost love ones and all that lost possessions Does anyone think there is a way we could help as a group that cares. Just a thought. Dave s
I was thinking about maybe doing something as a FTE group but I then thought there are plenty of avenues to help out. Every radio and TV in my area have links on their web sites to help with contributions. Also, the Red Cross has a number to punch on your cell phone to contribute. The amount is added to your phone bill. Like everything else in these types of situations I think it just adds to the work and confusion if too many sources try to contribute. The smaller the number the easier it is to keep everything organized. I think the best way to help is to use the conduits already set up. Check with your local Red Cross or their web site.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:49 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I dont think any of us that have not expeierencd a catostrofic event like this, can even imagine the feelings of loss, fear, and sence of well being, that comes with something like this. May God guide comfort, heal and provide, for all effected by this horrible storm.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:06 PM
irondragon79
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About 6 years ago or so, the company I use to work for had a work crew in Greensburg KS, when an F5 came through. Thankfully all our guys were ok, but the town was literally wiped off the planet. The stories the guy share would make the hair stand up on your neck. I went back with the same crew a year later to finish the project.. Very hard seeing a town that was nothing but empty concrete slabs where homes and businesses once stood.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:43 PM
old_dan
Fleet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I caught up on the news at lunch time today......Hats off to the elementary school teachers who kept their kids safe!!

Old 05-21-2013, 04:54 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PLEASE - PLEASE - PLEASE
I used to be the Deputy Director for the American Red Cross in Northwestern PA, I've managed local donation drives
If you are going to donate please donate money - Whether it's the Red Cross, Salvation Army or any of the national response organizations - You can find them on any of the National TV station web sites.
After Hurricane Andrew we were unloading everything from fur coats to swing sets that were sent by people from all over the states - 80 some percent ended up in the landfill because it couldn't be used - Yes they were trying to help
The money you donate goes to buying items needed by those effected by the disaster and the supplies are bought local to the disaster area when possible
Thanks
Dick

Old 05-21-2013, 08:17 PM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just speechless.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:10 AM
cruisetopdown
Laughing Gas
Received 273 Likes on 109 Posts
My dad is from Kansas and lived through two tornado's, nothing as severe as what I'm seeing on the tube, but bad enough that he gets quiet when he see's this type of thing. Their home separated right down the middle with a gap wide enough to stand in (like a doorway), had to be torn down, the second house was leveled. The amazing part is hearing the stories of how they would find their trucks, tractors, etc. 1/2 mile away wrapped around a tree....stuff like that. My families prayers go out to all the folks effected my this terrible storm.
God Speed.
w

Old 05-23-2013, 11:17 AM
BACAGrizz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Tornado.

It missed me by about a mile and believe me that was too close and the sound from that distance is still something I won't soon forget. Friends have lost their homes. I feel very fortunate that my house and property was spared. Power was out for a little over a day but a little generator kept my fridge going so I didn't lose any food.

I have heard that if you text "red cross" to a specific number it will not actually go to help Oklahomans but instead be put into the general disaster relief fund. Nothing wrong with that unless you are giving thinking it will directly benefit OK.

The hardest part to hear is that the Westboro Baptist A$$ holes are going to demonstrate a child's funeral tomorrow and they are claiming that God wrought this destruction because Kevin Durant openly supported Jason Collins, the basketball player that came out as gay. Can you believe the utter lack of compassion and stupidity of some of these people?

Old 05-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok Grizz. I'll continue to send prayers your way for relief and recovery. God Bless.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:35 AM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
I hope all the Vet 's & good old white boys show support against the Westboro *********s who IMHO need a gracious helping of hot lead !!

Old 05-23-2013, 11:47 AM
BACAGrizz
Fleet Mechanic
Rain or shine I will be there to counter demonstrate. They'd better be careful. Tempers are hot and nerves are close to the surface over this crap.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:50 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by BACAGrizz
Rain or shine I will be there to counter demonstrate. They'd better be careful. Tempers are hot and nerves are close to the surface over this crap.
I wish I could be there to stand next to you. Please realize those of us that can't be are standing next to you in spirit. Too bad something so evil has to come along and what has just happened.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Okiedokie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good for you Grizz. After all the grief mother nature handed you all the last thing you need is the Westboro idiots. I assume the bikers will be there to counter their stupid protest.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
That westboro bunch is gonna push the wrong father one of these days.....

Old 05-23-2013, 10:08 PM
BACAGrizz
Fleet Mechanic
We will be there in force.

Quick Reply: OT Oklahoma stage 5 tornado today!