1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Lost my truck today.....burned hot and fast...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 02:22 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Deesel, sorry about your rig. I really should do what Chris did and get my trucks fixed. I need to get in to Ford and get the harness for them.

Originally Posted by oldbird1965
I made the comment because I feel its almost impossible for a 'normal' person to get that many beans with so few posts unless your female. Heck, instead of Glenn, I could have started out as Glenda and posted a beautiful picture of a women and I also would have a string of grean beans that probably don't mean anything. The point I'm trying to make is men are men and a female comes around and they lose there minds. The big brain no longer functions and well, you get my point.
Glenn, I've posted the exact same sentiment many times over the years.

Many, many times...

Honestly though, Christina is different. Heck, we didn't even know she was a chick until she got really tired of us calling her "bud" "bro" "guy" "dude" etc! And by then, she had racked up probably over half of her greenies.

She pretty much stays in the tech forums, so it aint like guys are giving her rep points for being cute in GNAC. She's a wrench-head. She's just as talented and as stubborn not to quit when crap goes wrong as any man I've ever met. She's earned the Ford black grease that stains her hands and I'd let her help me work on my rig anytime.

What are you doing over here is another mystery?
I dunno, I see Gerry (Gigger) posting all over FTE and he never gets any grief for being in different forums. Everyone loves Gerr!

Stewart

Last edited by Stewart_H; 05-20-2013 at 02:25 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:04 AM
sammie0126
Postmaster
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
Sorry, don't have time and no offense, don't want too. I made the comment because I feel its almost impossible for a 'normal' person to get that many beans with so few posts unless your female. Heck, instead of Glenn, I could have started out as Glenda and posted a beautiful picture of a women and I also would have a string of grean beans that probably don't mean anything. The point I'm trying to make is men are men and a female comes around and they lose there minds. The big brain no longer functions and well, you get my point. What are you doing over here is another mystery? OK, I've said enough, I've probably even pissed off some of my buddy on here making this statement. Have an extra green bean on me at bedtime tonight. (no, I didn't rep you)
Well been called worse than "not normal"! I was on this forum for months before anyone even realized I was "female", and it has nothing to do with my "green beans". Those are from a long list of write ups I have done trying to help out people who started out, like I did with limited knowledge and needing detailed instructions. A good chunk of those came in the last month after extracting or drilling out all 20 of my manifold studs. I don't frequent the diesel forums but every now and again I post up on something that catches my eye, and will continue to do so. Now if it upsets you to have a "female" wander into your PSD back yard and make a comment, well then that is your issue not mine. A few threads below to help with your time management, think if you are going to form an opinion on someone and post it in a public forum that you should take the time know what you are speaking about....but hey that's just my opinion. We all got one

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...r-dummies.html
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-pictures.html

Old 05-20-2013, 05:13 AM
sammie0126
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Glenn, I've posted the exact same sentiment many times over the years.

Many, many times...

Honestly though, Christina is different. Heck, we didn't even know she was a chick until she got really tired of us calling her "bud" "bro" "guy" "dude" etc! And by then, she had racked up probably over half of her greenies.

She pretty much stays in the tech forums, so it aint like guys are giving her rep points for being cute in GNAC. She's a wrench-head. She's just as talented and as stubborn not to quit when crap goes wrong as any man I've ever met. She's earned the Ford black grease that stains her hands and I'd let her help me work on my rig anytime.

I dunno, I see Gerry (Gigger) posting all over FTE and he never gets any grief for being in different forums. Everyone loves Gerr!

Stewart
Thanks for clearing up the facts on my behalf a bit. Appreciated.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:29 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,110 Likes on 2,170 Posts
Originally Posted by granny_rocket

This is kind of a stupid question...but is this something I can wire in myself or even just disconnect until I can my **** to a ford dealer?

Thx,
Al
Originally Posted by 2006lariat
Unplug the wire at the end of the brake master cylinder. I ran my 95 F-150 around for month's before replacing the sensor that pukes brake fluid, into the harness.
correct. just unplug the cruise control wires at the master cylinder switch.
the only thing it will effect is that your cruise control will no longer work.

i drove my 02 like this for 2 years before i finally got it into the dealer for the fuse harness install.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:32 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Originally Posted by sammie0126
Spend a little time reading my threads started list and make up your own mind on my green beans.

this translates to : " I bought them"

Old 05-20-2013, 08:02 AM
sammie0126
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tjc transport
this translates to : " I bought them"
Wow this PSD crowd is a rough bunch, almost as bad as stumbling into the 4x4 Off Road jungle. I will stay over in the EX and 6.8 forums.

OP didn't mean to get your thread off topic, hope your insurance company treats you right on your truck. Good luck.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:07 AM
Bill97
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can you settle and purchase the truck back?

Old 05-20-2013, 08:35 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

IMHO you need to get you a V10

Ok flame suit is on, locked and loaded....
Its these two statements that got me going. You put the bait out there, then said "bring it on". So, I brought it on!!

Thanks Sam, I appreciate it, You're the Man!! LOL

Old 05-20-2013, 10:11 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Wow this PSD crowd is a rough bunch, almost as bad as stumbling into the 4x4 Off Road jungle. I will stay over in the EX and 6.8 forums.
nahh, we just play hard.
and the window lickers in the 4X4 off road jungle are really little kittens that play internet tough guys.
if i promise to play nice, will you stay?

OP didn't mean to get your thread off topic, hope your insurance company treats you right on your truck. Good luck.
hehe. any thread here that goes 2 pages without going off topic is a miracle!!

Old 05-20-2013, 04:07 PM
The other Joe
Tuned
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Very sorry to hear that. Glad everyone is ok.
I have the recall notice. I guess this is a heads up to everyone to get it done. In the meantime it's a good idea to disconnect the cruise control switch.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:08 PM
Ford4Life7.3
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well that escalated quickly

Old 05-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Bill97
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ford4Life7.3
Well that escalated quickly
Haha perfect

Old 05-20-2013, 06:36 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Just a couple of points to make.

Glenn,

Sometimes green beans have more to do with what section of the forum you hang out in than what you contribute, regardless of your gender. Ask Rick. I believe he picked up a bunch of green beans just for stopping in on some of the rep threads that were going around or by stopping in different forum sections. We all know Rick knows his stuff, but he's probably gotten more rep from non-technical posts in other sections than he's gotten when posting about the 7.3. Heck, look at me. I've gotten reps in the SD section because it was Tuesday.

Christina, understand that there are guys who have been here for years who have posted plenty of technical stuff, yet have half the rep points you do. There have also been females that have come and gone who gathered plenty of green beans with little or no technical posts. Yes the PSD group can be a tough crowd, but put your big girl britches on and hang around for a while. I've read enough of your posts to know you didn't come to FTE to say look at me, I'm a girl. Hang around and long enough for others to see that and it will get a little less tough around here, but remember it won't ever be easy. You have spark plugs.

And let's not bring up Gigger. I'm about to unsubscribe from the joke thread because every other post is Gigger saying that was funny.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:48 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 398 Likes on 269 Posts
I don't give a rats rear bout reps...ill sleep fine.I'm on here to help,be helped or bs.
prefferably the last...tom...all we need is the usual cast of characters and we derail like a new york subway baby!
Welcome to our psd jungle sammie! Stay and play.
brad...sorry for your loss!

Old 05-20-2013, 08:48 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by fordman67
I don't give a rats rear bout reps...ill sleep fine.I'm on here to help,be helped or bs.
prefferably the last...tom...all we need is the usual cast of characters and we derail like a new york subway baby!
Welcome to our psd jungle sammie! Stay and play.
brad...sorry for your loss!
Very well said Aaron! I look at the number of posts and beans for informational reasons, they are only to get a feel for who's talking. Like if I want to buy something on ebay, I'll look at the rating of the seller. The fact that she walked into a section on this forum, made a remark like she did and said bring it on added to the fact that she wanted to be challenged. I would never go into another forum and make statements like that and expect every thing to be OK. There has been some really good replies here but she is a female and expects to be able to get away with anything-WRONG. That's just the way I am, female or male, if I'm called out I don't run away. If some guy would have made those remarks, the replies would have been real harsh and to the point. Women want equal rights, then expect equal treatment. Everybody is treating her like she is just this innocent person, my opinion is she walked into a bar with both guns drawn wanting a fight. IMHO!!!

Quick Reply: Lost my truck today.....burned hot and fast...