6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

6.2L to 6.7L regrets? Moving to CA...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 03:14 PM
CountryD
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went from a Gasser to the 6.7 and I love it. I tow a 36ft fifth wheel and it tows it flawlessly. I got 13 mpg last weekend and cruising at about 70mph.

Being from TN myself (born and raised), I was gonna say GO BIG ORANGE, but you stated that your a newby to TN. So............., I will still say GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-18-2013, 04:45 PM
F16Vip3r
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CountryD- yes, this was my first (& only) year in TN, though my wife and I hope to retire around this area after my military time is up. We love it here, though are am camping in Lexington, KY, this weekend. I own several obnoxious orange shirts now.

As for the truck, the 6.2L did better than I thought towing our new beast of a TT. I just got about 8.2 (hand calculated) on the way too KY. Not bad, considering I used to get similar numbers with my inks camper. The new one is 9-inches taller, and 25% heavier.

After seeing those numbers (I was expecting worse), I'm starting to reconsider the diesel upgrade. I can't see myself spending an additional $20,000 to upgrade to a 2 year newer vehicle with a couple less options. The deal sounded awesome, but it's still a lot of cash to drop basically for a stronger motor that I don't NEED.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:25 PM
CountryD
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by F16Vip3r
CountryD- yes, this was my first (& only) year in TN, though my wife and I hope to retire around this area after my military time is up. We love it here, though are am camping in Lexington, KY, this weekend. I own several obnoxious orange shirts now.

As for the truck, the 6.2L did better than I thought towing our new beast of a TT. I just got about 8.2 (hand calculated) on the way too KY. Not bad, considering I used to get similar numbers with my inks camper. The new one is 9-inches taller, and 25% heavier.

After seeing those numbers (I was expecting worse), I'm starting to reconsider the diesel upgrade. I can't see myself spending an additional $20,000 to upgrade to a 2 year newer vehicle with a couple less options. The deal sounded awesome, but it's still a lot of cash to drop basically for a stronger motor that I don't NEED.
Wherever I go, TN will always be home. I was born and raised about 30 miles west of Chattanooga, on the TN river, and its beautiful. I tell people all the time that TN is one of the prettiest states there is. Around the Knoxville area in the fall and spring is just about as good as it gets. Gatlinburg is a great vacation area too, along with Cherokee NC. Lots of history is those parts

As far as upgrading, I decided to just on the fact that Im a Oil Field Superintendent, so I travel alot for work and wanted a engine that I could depend on and get good MPG's while I tow my home away from home, and not have to worry about bogging down on the mountain passes.

Im glad I got a diesel, just the power alone in these Strokes is just AMAZING.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:36 AM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I know what it's like to want a diesel but not need one. I would love to go back to a diesel(last one I owned was an 86 F250), but I really have no need for one at the moment. I keep looking at them, but can't justify it. My current F350 with the 5.8 is good enough for to tow what few loads I tow. It spends most of it's time holding down weeds. A diesel wouldn't like that at all.

Maybe in a few years I will be buying another diesel.