Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Minnesota Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Senior User

fordsd350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Need a 6.4 Mechanic in SE Minnesota

It appears I'm have trouble with my injectors (kicking codes P0263, 0266, 0284); running rough; and blowing the blues.

I'm near Red Wing MN and am looking for recommendations for a good 6.4 mechanic. My truck is modified as the signature indicates, so it's getting a little harder to find dealerships that have mechanics that can get beyond the computer and their factory training.

When I broke down in Colorado, I had to endure 3+ hours of the dealership lecturing me on not modifying my truck. So, hoping to avoid that situation.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Post Fiend

dlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud of
I don't know anyone in that area. But I work at a shop in St. Louis Park and we work on all Ford diesels. If you want to go that far?

Old 02-23-2013, 10:10 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlibson View Post
I don't know anyone in that area. But I work at a shop in St. Louis Park and we work on all Ford diesels. If you want to go that far?
Hoping not to have to, but....

Is your shop a dealership or an independent?

If needed, can you do cab off work?

Is it mod friendly? What I am asking is your shop up on the available parts and not just on the Ford OEM parts so you could recommend the best parts for my situation?

Thanks for replying.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Post Fiend

dlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud of
We are independent, and own modified 7.3's and 6.0's. I've worked on a few 6.4's with mods and yes, can take a cab off. Hopefully you can find help closer to home, but I'd be more then happy to help out if needed!

Old 02-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Senior User

Ok, I googled St. Louis Park and the 1.5 hr tow to your shop would suck for me, but you never know. On the upside, when I get this issue behind me and I can drive it for the next round of enhancements, I'll definitely keep you in mind. Looking around, your shop seems to have a very good rep on this forum.

Thanks again,
Steve
Old 02-26-2013, 09:05 AM
Post Fiend

DieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsd350 View Post
It appears I'm have trouble with my injectors (kicking codes P0263, 0266, 0284); running rough; and blowing the blues.

I'm near Red Wing MN and am looking for recommendations for a good 6.4 mechanic. My truck is modified as the signature indicates, so it's getting a little harder to find dealerships that have mechanics that can get beyond the computer and their factory training.

When I broke down in Colorado, I had to endure 3+ hours of the dealership lecturing me on not modifying my truck. So, hoping to avoid that situation.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Don't mod your truck? I say

2001 F350 Lariat CC LB 4X4, Various mods
http://www.roadsidehelpnetwork.org/
Old 02-26-2013, 09:05 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Minnesota Chapter