Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minnesota Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum86/)
-   -   Need a 6.4 Mechanic in SE Minnesota (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1225657-need-a-6-4-mechanic-in-se-minnesota.html)

fordsd350 02-23-2013 03:14 PM

Need a 6.4 Mechanic in SE Minnesota

It appears I'm have trouble with my injectors (kicking codes P0263, 0266, 0284); running rough; and blowing the blues.

I'm near Red Wing MN and am looking for recommendations for a good 6.4 mechanic. My truck is modified as the signature indicates, so it's getting a little harder to find dealerships that have mechanics that can get beyond the computer and their factory training.

When I broke down in Colorado, I had to endure 3+ hours of the dealership lecturing me on not modifying my truck. So, hoping to avoid that situation.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

dlibson 02-23-2013 08:17 PM

I don't know anyone in that area. But I work at a shop in St. Louis Park and we work on all Ford diesels. If you want to go that far?

fordsd350 02-23-2013 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by dlibson (Post 12876070)
I don't know anyone in that area. But I work at a shop in St. Louis Park and we work on all Ford diesels. If you want to go that far?

Hoping not to have to, but....

Is your shop a dealership or an independent?

If needed, can you do cab off work?

Is it mod friendly? What I am asking is your shop up on the available parts and not just on the Ford OEM parts so you could recommend the best parts for my situation?

Thanks for replying.

dlibson 02-24-2013 08:44 AM

We are independent, and own modified 7.3's and 6.0's. I've worked on a few 6.4's with mods and yes, can take a cab off. Hopefully you can find help closer to home, but I'd be more then happy to help out if needed!

fordsd350 02-24-2013 10:28 AM

Ok, I googled St. Louis Park and the 1.5 hr tow to your shop would suck for me, but you never know. On the upside, when I get this issue behind me and I can drive it for the next round of enhancements, I'll definitely keep you in mind. Looking around, your shop seems to have a very good rep on this forum.

Thanks again,
Steve

DieselCamper01 02-26-2013 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by fordsd350 (Post 12875152)
It appears I'm have trouble with my injectors (kicking codes P0263, 0266, 0284); running rough; and blowing the blues.

I'm near Red Wing MN and am looking for recommendations for a good 6.4 mechanic. My truck is modified as the signature indicates, so it's getting a little harder to find dealerships that have mechanics that can get beyond the computer and their factory training.

When I broke down in Colorado, I had to endure 3+ hours of the dealership lecturing me on not modifying my truck. So, hoping to avoid that situation.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Don't mod your truck? I say :-blah :-blah :-blah