Sponsored by: DP Tuner

FUEL PUMP

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 07:58 AM
dn29626
Cargo Master
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SkySkiJason
...I'm still using the same Airtex. They have a lifetime warranty again from the autoparts and don't ask any questions...
What parts store is offering the lifetime warranty on the Airtex?
I believe mine is/was one year. If it ever goes bad, I would like a warranty to be there.

EDIT-Jason, thank you for the heads-up. I looked up Oreilly's and E2236 has life time. I am going to print it & put it in my glove box.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:04 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
I still beat the drum on the OEM Bosch. That thing has really stepped up for the bigger injectors and I don't worry about it. I kept my old one with 1/4 million miles that still works as a "spare" - but I believe it's going to be one of those items that I lament over when I need to just let the ol' pump retire to the round file.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:15 PM
bigb56
Cargo Master

Received 219 Likes on 149 Posts
Mine is still in the box, waiting for an emergency. If needed I will use it just like I use my spare tire, to get me home.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:58 AM
Whitey Ford
FTE-Spread The Knowledge

Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Tugly
I still beat the drum on the OEM Bosch
Stopped at a yard sale because the guy has/had (2) 7.3L in a barn in the back. Found out his wife is divorcing him and selling everything. Starting looking around and saw a guy walking around with a FASS 220 with $25 marked on the box. Stopped and looked at it and he said he talked her down to $15...it was brand new!

Old 12-31-2014, 07:53 AM
DieselDenny
Cargo Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Hi all!!!

Regarding these pumps:

Jump on them. I have been running one for the past 6 months and it is performing perfectly. The company has an excellent rating and the units themselves are very high quality and are identical to the oem pumps.

I also note that the pump sounds stronger and just a hair louder than my original. It purrs with no audible fluctuation.

I know 6 months is no test bed period, but..........for 38 bucks with a lifetime. I bought 2. I carry a spare along with the necessary snap ring and tools to do a roadside changeout.

I've run thru the heat of summer and the cold of winter in North Michigan as well as running WVO and it has performed well.

Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

(they sell a lot of them which keeps the price down and your eyebrows raised)

Read the reviews on their site. Says it all!!!

Denny

Old 12-31-2014, 11:38 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,897 Likes on 1,145 Posts
Good luck Denny. Please come back and let us know if ya change your mind!

Rich, I bought a few OE Bosch pumps and sent them out on customer veggie conversions. They work well, but no warranty. I've only replaced a few factory pumps on trucks over the years and I suspect must of them suffered from plugged in-tank filters for a long time before their demise. These pumps do not like restriction on the suction side. I use the Racor PS-120 (240 mic strainer) pre-pump.

Old 12-31-2014, 11:45 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
David, they were 1yr warranty for awhile.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:06 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Good luck Denny. Please come back and let us know if ya change your mind!
even if they lasted a year, so what..you have 2, one stored for that reason. Install it, forget about it for the year and in the meantime, you've sent back the bummed one for replacement....Sounds like a win/win to me. And what did he state...5min replacement job. I can sacrifice 5min a year, for a 38 dollar pump...

Old 12-31-2014, 01:27 PM
jgilrfr
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where is everyone finding these for 38.00?

Old 12-31-2014, 03:35 PM
DieselDenny
Cargo Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Bottom line here.

Every Naysayer so far hasn't even looked at or ran one.

I can Bunch up my chest and say..........Oh if it's not Bosch or MC or whatever, they're ****.

Well boys, I've been running mine for 6 months and don't have an issue. I've thrown away two Bosch as well as the oem pump when I acquired the rig 12 years ago.

So far from my read, I find no one on this forum that actually has one strapped to the rail that actually has a complaint. I sure don't.

Lets say, if you want to part with cash, Go big. If you have run one and have a problem, then so state that! Otherwise..........your wealthy opinion means dogcrap to me. Go buy the big dollar...again. I'm telling you my story and reporting as we all should with no problems thus far after 6 months. And yes, If and when it fails, I'll report as I should.

Happy so far.

Denny

Old 12-31-2014, 04:10 PM
mototrig
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Denny is this the pump in question?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/360982535124?nav=SEARCHIf so for $38 I'll order one and keep it in my truck as a spare.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:19 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
that would be it, my friend...gonna order anutha one, just because . maybe , it can help someone in the desert/river

Old 01-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Whitey Ford
FTE-Spread The Knowledge

Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts
These counterfeit fuel pumps can be recognized from the actual Carter Federal Mogul OEM product as they have no Manufacturer's name, model or type number on the unit. The counterfeit fuel pumps are made of inferior materials and contain a defective plastic fuel line housing that can separate, allow fuel to leak and result in a fire in the presence of an ignition source caused by the fuel pump's substandard wiring. The counterfeit fuel pumps have been sold on ebay by Global Automotive and several other Miami FL based vendors under several names, despite ebay's efforts to prevent the sale of counterfeit items.

Old 01-08-2015, 02:10 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Originally Posted by DieselDenny
Bottom line here.

Every Naysayer so far hasn't even looked at or ran one.

I can Bunch up my chest and say..........Oh if it's not Bosch or MC or whatever, they're ****.

Well boys, I've been running mine for 6 months and don't have an issue. I've thrown away two Bosch as well as the oem pump when I acquired the rig 12 years ago.

So far from my read, I find no one on this forum that actually has one strapped to the rail that actually has a complaint. I sure don't.

Lets say, if you want to part with cash, Go big. If you have run one and have a problem, then so state that! Otherwise..........your wealthy opinion means dogcrap to me. Go buy the big dollar...again. I'm telling you my story and reporting as we all should with no problems thus far after 6 months. And yes, If and when it fails, I'll report as I should.

Happy so far.

Denny
I'm the one who called attention to these way back when. And I have seen (4) of them fail myself. They are junk, but are priced accordingly. Each of the failures I have seen the pump just quit, but I think Mike had a couple that leaked and I know some of the other failures I've heard were leaks. While I still doubt the ability of this pump to start a fire in diesel service, a fuel leak is never a good thing...

I've spent a LOT of time on the road over the years and one thing I know for sure - if a part is going to fail, it will be at the worst time possible!! You will be taking the boss or the mother in law to the airport for a very important trip and it will be a blizzard. At best, you'll have to lay in the mud or a parking lot covered in trucker **** while your significant other stands over you complaining about all the time you spend working on that piece of junk... Even if this was legitimately a 5 min job - it will take way longer on the side of the road and you are gonna wish you could just spend money instead of lay in the rain/snow/mud/pee and fix it while you are on 'vacation'. In my world, I was always on my way to work somewhere across the country and missing a day of work cost magnitudes more than a fuel pump.

Like I said before, glad you are happy with it 'so far' - just be sure to come back and let us know if ya change your mind!

Old 01-13-2015, 08:42 AM
brettdacosta
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm the one who called attention to these way back when. And I have seen (4) of them fail myself. They are junk, but are priced accordingly. Each of the failures I have seen the pump just quit, but I think Mike had a couple that leaked and I know some of the other failures I've heard were leaks. While I still doubt the ability of this pump to start a fire in diesel service, a fuel leak is never a good thing...

I've spent a LOT of time on the road over the years and one thing I know for sure - if a part is going to fail, it will be at the worst time possible!! You will be taking the boss or the mother in law to the airport for a very important trip and it will be a blizzard. At best, you'll have to lay in the mud or a parking lot covered in trucker **** while your significant other stands over you complaining about all the time you spend working on that piece of junk... Even if this was legitimately a 5 min job - it will take way longer on the side of the road and you are gonna wish you could just spend money instead of lay in the rain/snow/mud/pee and fix it while you are on 'vacation'. In my world, I was always on my way to work somewhere across the country and missing a day of work cost magnitudes more than a fuel pump.

Like I said before, glad you are happy with it 'so far' - just be sure to come back and let us know if ya change your mind!
Jason,

On the cases you've seen these leaking, where were the leaks coming from? I picked one of these up. It's the one with the plastic threads you have to screw a brass fitting over on the suction side - not the metal barb type. In other words, it's one that looks like an airtex instead of the bosch, and I'm either having a hard time getting mine to seal or it's leaking somewhere.

I'm wondering if I tightened the brass fitting down too much and stripped the last thread out causing it to just keep spinning and never getting tight. Or if my leak is coming from somewhere else on the pump.

Thanks in advance,

Quick Reply: FUEL PUMP