1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Does my rear end look big in this? With pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Aussie 53
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day Nev, good to see another baby blue F100 to grace our shores. Nice looking truck there. personal choice when it comes tail gate appearances. The smooth looks okay, but I prefer to let people who tail my *** let them know it's a Ford.So the lettering would be my choice.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:28 PM
Aus56
Elder User
Hello Aussie53,

good to hear from you, like your truck.

Funny thing about baby blue F100's here I think they are breeding. There is a near dead ringer for mine (even to the WWW tyres.) getting around where I work and I haven't been able to catch up with him yet for a chat and to check out his truck. I figure we will get along well though, he is obviously a man of fine taste, like myself.

I like the flat tailgate in a way as I have loved custom cars for years with their smoothed lines and trim and name badges removed, it appeals to me as it is different, but I also like the original tailgate and may change it back sometime it I can, or swap it for an original perhaps or even louvre panels, as Ax said.

A funny thing, a little while ago, a bloke came on the forum and had pictures of his father's old truck. Dad had customised it over time, louvred tailgate and I think bonnet and mags , perhaps a bigger engine. He spoke of restoring it to original condition as per Ford and I am crying out No don't touch it it's perfect, I love it. Wish I could have swapped some bits and pieces or even trucks with him, hah

Cheers
Nev

Old 01-26-2013, 10:53 PM
South of BC
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Aus56
A funny thing, a little while ago, a bloke came on the forum and had pictures of his father's old truck. Dad had customised it over time, louvred tailgate and I think bonnet and mags , perhaps a bigger engine. He spoke of restoring it to original condition as per Ford and I am crying out No don't touch it it's perfect, I love it. Wish I could have swapped some bits and pieces or even trucks with him, hah
I believe that must be BigDaddyLove you are referring to. He lives in Alameda, CA and has cancer. Haven't heard from him in a while, I hope he is well. He had a thread on the HAMB that brought tears to ones eyes. He needed some work done and a bunch of forum members came over to help get the truck ready for a local show.

Unless you are talking about me. However it's been a long while since I've posted about mine.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:48 PM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,451 Likes on 1,398 Posts
Originally Posted by Aus56

I like the flat tailgate in a way as I have loved custom cars for years with their smoothed lines and trim and name badges removed, it appeals to me as it is different, but I also like the original tailgate and may change it back sometime it I can, or swap it for an original perhaps or even louvre panels

Cheers
Nev
If you think about it, there's no reason why you couldn't have a couple of different 'gates hanging on the wall of the garage and swap them around as your mood struck. They're not real expensive in the big picture, and can be r&r'd in a couple of minutes.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:41 AM
Aus56
Elder User
Originally Posted by 52 Merc
If you think about it, there's no reason why you couldn't have a couple of different 'gates hanging on the wall of the garage and swap them around as your mood struck. They're not real expensive in the big picture, and can be r&r'd in a couple of minutes.
Wayne, good thinking, I like that idea.

South of BC, I read that story of Bigdaddylove and the HAMB, very moving indeed, but no this was a different bloke, I don't think I have seen any more of his threads since unfortunately. I really liked his truck the way he was starting out with it and he didn't like the custom work at all, it was just funny to me.

Nev