Banks DP install ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 10:29 AM
ROBZ95XJ
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banks DP install ?'s

got the banks dp in today

is this it? what did you guys use to conect it to the rest of the exhaust? looks like it just needs a 45 bend to conect to the rest? im planning on just running 3" tube from it to the 3" pypes muffler and tailpipe i already got

Old 01-11-2013, 07:01 PM
akamacgyver
Clueless spectator!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
That is it. It will bolt right up to the exhaust flange of the 093, but you might need to beat up the firewall some! If you want to get the most out of the down pipe, you should upgrade to a 4" straight piped exhaust.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:19 PM
ROBZ95XJ
Junior User
Originally Posted by akamacgyver
That is it. It will bolt right up to the exhaust flange of the 093, but you might need to beat up the firewall some! If you want to get the most out of the down pipe, you should upgrade to a 4" straight piped exhaust.
Thanks! the muffler is more less there for inspection purposes, it really dosnt do anything, it and the mandrel bent tail pipe were $100 shipped from summit, just got alot of other things to deal with on the truck first then maybee down the road ill go 4". Thanks again

Old 01-11-2013, 07:21 PM
akamacgyver
Clueless spectator!
I can relate, I bought a Banks DP that was never installed, Now my plan is to do the 3" exhaust mod and a PSD turbo back exhaust when I have a garage again, so I have a banks pipe I don't need.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:49 PM
typefour
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
part number and price please.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:58 PM
akamacgyver
Clueless spectator!
On what Russ? are you talking the DP they go for about 120 shipped. Can't be news to you though?!?

Old 01-11-2013, 11:11 PM
ROBZ95XJ
Junior User
Originally Posted by akamacgyver
On what Russ? are you talking the DP they go for about 120 shipped. Can't be news to you though?!?
summit has them right now for $92 shipped

Banks Power Gale Banks Engineering 52103 - SummitRacing.com

Old 01-11-2013, 11:25 PM
akamacgyver
Clueless spectator!
That's a good price, mine came straight from Banks. I still don't think that is what Russ was talking about though, he's been around the block a few times.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:13 PM
'94IDITurbo7.3
Postmaster
i don't see anything else Russ your have been asking about but.....

Old 01-12-2013, 11:31 PM
typefour
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I get several calls a week for that part number and am never near my notes when asked, now the notes are on all 3 computers. And one spiral notebook.
Thanks

Old 01-13-2013, 12:50 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by ROBZ95XJ
got the banks dp in today

is this it? what did you guys use to conect it to the rest of the exhaust? looks like it just needs a 45 bend to conect to the rest? im planning on just running 3" tube from it to the 3" pypes muffler and tailpipe i already got
i bought the next section which is also 3".it slides in and has the proper bend.once past the bend,i cut it off and went into 3.5".it was like another hundred bucks lol but i figured what option did i have? have someone make a crushed one probably for the same money? so i just ordered it.
part number is unknown.not listed in the banks instructions.it's just called the intermediate pipe.if you want to go that route,just call up banks and they'll hook ya up.
kinda sucks they don't just make the dp with the bend for straight exhaust.but then they couldn't sell ya an intermediate pipe right lol?

the intermediate pipe from banks is of course with the made for banks turbo dp.but im sure it works for that made for ats 093/factory '93-'94 turbo dp too.

also,now would be a very (the only lol) good time to wrap that sucker with 2 layers of header wrap.but when you make the pipe thicker with wrap,the more the floorboard must be "persuaded."
but if your after snappy throttle response,or at least greatly reduced lag,you'll want to wrap it,along with your cross overs too since your down there.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:25 AM
tecgod13
Logistics Pro
Received 120 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
also,now would be a very (the only lol) good time to wrap that sucker with 2 layers of header wrap.but when you make the pipe thicker with wrap,the more the floorboard must be "persuaded."
but if your after snappy throttle response,or at least greatly reduced lag,you'll want to wrap it,along with your cross overs too since your down there.
Wrapping the downpipe (after the turbo) shouldn't have any effect on the performance. At least I don't think it would. However, it would help to keep the exhaust heat out of the cab. You are right about wrapping the crossover pipe.

The ATS aftermarket turbo downpipe exits straight. At least mine does. Just to add that for comparison. Banks must have there version bent a little differently for some reason. It might clear the transmission a little easier that way?

Old 01-13-2013, 11:21 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
wrapping the DP keeps the heat in and this supposedly (see how careful im being here lmao) helps speed up velocity in the pipe.if this is true,then the turbo will spool quicker.
here is a funny ars read with a couple going at it and in the end,the one guy catches the other agreeing on the point where it matters anyway (then he gets mad lol)
is it ok to wrap downpipe ?? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

how much? who cares imho lol,your buying the wrap for the cross overs anyway,and the down pipe is out where you can wrap it with ease.would be silly not to wrap it.it takes no time,and like you say even if it does nothing else,it keeps under hood temps down,making it well worth it regardless (especially for those running them open 6637 hot air intakes.)

lets go pats!!

Old 01-14-2013, 08:04 PM
ROBZ95XJ
Junior User
got it on today, its not wrapped but i will be ordering wrap on thurs, its nice to actually be able to hear the turbo spool up. also the stock down pipe had holes where the trans bolted to it, ford really sucked at building these

Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Kuhns71
Freshman User
I'm running the Banks down pipe and intermediate pipe and thats it for now until I can afford the mbrp 4" stainless system. I wrapped my downpipe because it was so close to the firewall.

Quick Reply: Banks DP install ?'s