1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

What up guys? 64 f100 update (pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 11:53 PM
dman2008
Posting Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Mine were like that too you just have to work it and do the best you can, I wasn't impressed by the fit either but just work it, as it is an important piece but not a cosmetic one.

FWIW

D

Old 04-07-2013, 02:26 AM
Faber
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dman2008
Mine were like that too you just have to work it and do the best you can, I wasn't impressed by the fit either but just work it, as it is an important piece but not a cosmetic one.

FWIW

D
Right on, glad I'm not the only one. Ill work it in there.
Thanks bro : )

Old 04-14-2013, 09:03 PM
Faber
Elder User
well, that went smashingly well....lol....

got the pans welded in. Then went to get mount in and man it was full on tight....but do-able. once i got the mount all the way over, only the top lined up....that had to be on me and not the mounts, mounts looked great. I slid one piece over while welding up to get in tight with the rest of the pieces I was trying to replace....maybe I can still get the mount and the side piece close and work it in.

On the bright side it is setting on its own mount now. Hopefully I can weld it in, silicone seal, prime, and undercoat here at some point. We'll see how it goes....

strange that so much weight goes on the floor pan and that side piece i had a gap on, though i guess its spread out....

Old 05-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Faber
Elder User
Old 05-28-2013, 05:17 PM
jmd13818
Freshman User
Your cab mounts look just like mine. and that gap between the cab and fender also looks just like mine.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Faber
Elder User
Originally Posted by jmd13818
Your cab mounts look just like mine. and that gap between the cab and fender also looks just like mine.
sweet, thanks, least i'm not only one
must be fairly normal

Old 05-30-2013, 02:40 AM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
[QUOTE=dman2008;13009476]Don't take this the wrong way, but if you eliminate the cowl how else would leaves or water or yard trash get in? I only ask to understand more not to be rude, plus I know you are very experienced with these trucks.

Sorry (dman) for the late reply; I only would recommend sealing off the cowl if your building a show truck resto look. As a daily driver the cowl (as your aware) is the entrance way for interior air flow. You becatcha I've thought of sealing off my cowl on acouple trucks just to stop the rain leaking into cab and rottin in floor pans. I don't take any comments personnel and learn as I go as most of us.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:48 AM
dman2008
Posting Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
[quote=Customcab;13207441]
Originally Posted by dman2008
Don't take this the wrong way, but if you eliminate the cowl how else would leaves or water or yard trash get in? I only ask to understand more not to be rude, plus I know you are very experienced with these trucks.

Sorry (dman) for the late reply; I only would recommend sealing off the cowl if your building a show truck resto look. As a daily driver the cowl (as your aware) is the entrance way for interior air flow. You becatcha I've thought of sealing off my cowl on acouple trucks just to stop the rain leaking into cab and rottin in floor pans. I don't take any comments personnel and learn as I go as most of us.

That is about what I was thinking as well, but wanted to make sure that I was under the same impression. Thanks for the reply.

D

Old 05-31-2013, 12:39 AM
Redmanbob
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I see your still at it, gotta give ya credit.

On a side note I tried to help with the MIG and see you chose to pass on the coupons. The pile is a sign of poor penetration. Low heat / slow pass spring-wound pass makes for a steep toed bead. It wont rewet worth a darn, and an attempt to correct will distort unions. Why do you think they spot weld a carriage ?

Old 05-31-2013, 07:33 AM
Faber
Elder User
Originally Posted by Redmanbob
I see your still at it, gotta give ya credit.

On a side note I tried to help with the MIG and see you chose to pass on the coupons. The pile is a sign of poor penetration. Low heat / slow pass spring-wound pass makes for a steep toed bead. It wont rewet worth a darn, and an attempt to correct will distort unions. Why do you think they spot weld a carriage ?
oh yeah, i'm sure i need practice.
you may be looking at the "pile" that is a large amount of urethane sealant bead i ran around/over every weld in thick amounts for extra precaution.
did that on every seem, top/bottom.

but none the less, as always i appreciate advice.
thank you

Old 06-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Faber
Elder User
Old 06-03-2013, 07:59 PM
PROSTOCK
Fleet Mechanic
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts
Nice doors, but I have to LOL at the "Pottery Wheel", my daughter has the same POS that never worked as thought.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:45 AM
Faber
Elder User
Originally Posted by PROSTOCK
Nice doors, but I have to LOL at the "Pottery Wheel", my daughter has the same POS that never worked as thought.
lol, now that you point that out, i don't think i've seen that thing out but once.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Faber
Elder User

You can see all the leaves in the floor board that were pressed up against the heater core.
You can also see the ones in the air flow channel from the vent that are piled up blocking the water drain hole.
The other pic is the total of leaves and dirt pulled from just the passenger side vent/heater.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Faber
Elder User

Lower door jam cut out so I can start rebuilding the box behind it, then weld in the new door jam.

Quick Reply: What up guys? 64 f100 update (pic heavy)