Sponsored by:

iTSX

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Patriotic Rottweiler
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
iTSX

Just got the iTSX from SCT for my 05 Excursion 6.0 PSD. I originally wanted to use my Android phone to control it but after some issues and calling SCT they said that they are working on the Android app and that I needed to use Apple products for now. I switched to an iPod and it works good.

As I'm not looking for a race truck and want dependability and longevity, my questions to the other users would be:
1. What settings are you using (Converter Locked, Engine Braking, Lock 1-2-3, etc...) and why are you using those settings?

2. Are there any setting to turn off the EGR (have stock EGR system, but will be deleting it next year)

3. What tune are you running (non-studded, Air Raid intake and MBRP 4" cat delete ehaust) and why?

4. Basically anything else you can tell me (and other users) about this device.

Also, I found that when I turn on the Gauges in the iTSX it causes my Water-in-Fuel light to come on. I just sent SCT an email about it.... Turn the Gauges feature off and the light on the dash goes off.

Thanks in advance...

Old 01-05-2013, 11:28 AM
volthause
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might try asking this in the 6.0 diesel forum.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 PM
fishintheobx
Senior User
I just got the Livewire TS and really did not care for the built-in SCT tunes. One of them the truck was like a light-switch, either idle or frying the tires. But I loaded the Street Tune from Innovative Diesel and was really impressed. Plus, Eric set the tune to disable EGR, set idle at 625 RPM, and altered for the 285 tires I have. The truck is so much more drivable and the pickup in mileage was definitely a plus. I believe the iTSX has 3 slots for a custom program.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Patriotic Rottweiler
Tuned
All of my above issues have been addressed and the iTSX is working great for me. They even added the EGR Delete option and the Android app is working again.

As far as settings for the trans, I only select the Firmer Shift option.

On the Tune queston, I only use the Street and the lower Tow tune until i get the head studs done.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:16 AM
ZiggSVO
New User
How are you enjoying the iTSX? I'm thinking of purchasing one and using a 7" tablet to use for its display. I've read conflicting reports of whether or not it does FICMv. Any insight on that?

Old 03-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Patriotic Rottweiler
Tuned
It does not do the FICM. I was at their company a few weeks ago and asked about that.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Patriotic Rottweiler
Tuned
I now use an iPad 4 with the itsx app and everything works perfectly.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:26 AM
fishintheobx
Senior User
Originally Posted by ZiggSVO
How are you enjoying the iTSX? I'm thinking of purchasing one and using a 7" tablet to use for its display. I've read conflicting reports of whether or not it does FICMv. Any insight on that?
There really isn't a FICM solution out there on any tuner right now, outside of what is offered by Power Hungry Performance and Innovative. I believe PHP will allow you to select which strategy to roll back to, and even rent you the programmer to do it with. They also have some FICM tunes that do +40, +80...but I've heard they're pretty hot on both the FICM and EGT's. I believe the Innovative FICM tuner is their own home-brew, based on what they've been burning on their performance FICM's that they sell. Have seen a lot of good feedback on what it does (ie: shuts down inductive heating, etc.)