1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks
View Poll Results: Which regional Truckstock(s) would you attend?
Area #1
11.90%
Area #2
7.14%
Area #3
7.14%
Area #4
13.10%
Area #5
11.90%
Area #6
17.86%
Area #7
34.52%
Area #8
28.57%
Area #9
21.43%
Other
1.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Truckstock Location Poll!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 08:37 AM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now thats what I'm talking about Ray, I'm still working on Linda.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:18 AM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doraville

It really is kind of important to have the trucks at these meets. How far is everyone comfortable driving their truck? If it winds-up being not more than 2 or 3 hours for most people, then it would take a regional meet in practically every state.
My truck? Maybe a mile until it gets new wheels, tires, and alignment.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:26 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 853 Likes on 483 Posts
Here is a thought..... if you look at the map and see Ohio, where the small "o" is is where I'm at.

This is Akron, The former rubber capitol of the world.

we could call it the "Where the Rubber Hits the Road F100 Run"

Old 12-08-2012, 10:30 AM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100
Here is a thought..... if you look at the map and see Ohio, where the small "o" is is where I'm at.

Or Rubberstock?

Old 12-08-2012, 11:28 AM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100

I'd been in for that one. probably have to trailer Edith that far, but it would be on the way 'back home' to Buffalo for a visit.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:01 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Kevin, are you saying you want to host the truckstock 2013 or am I seeing things?

Old 12-08-2012, 02:19 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 853 Likes on 483 Posts
I have to see if there is help here (Mr4speedford) and what the MRS is thinking of the idea..............

Old 12-08-2012, 02:33 PM
homade
Posting Guru
OK Dude, go for it, we will come.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:48 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Doraville
How far is everyone comfortable driving their truck?
Well, let's see, I drove my truck 15,626 miles this spring to AK and back, then another 1500 or so to Pigeon Forge and home in Sept. So I think I can trust it to go just about anywhere there is a meeting. Now it's just to get the little lady on board for all of this

Old 12-08-2012, 04:10 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,121 Likes on 821 Posts
Originally Posted by carnut122
Or Rubberstock?
Oh boy, don't get started on that!!

I haven't voted on an area yet because I'd be interested in a few different sites and as most of you know I might just be crazy enough to load the F-2 and go just about anywhere. There is only one benefit to being self employed, the only one I've found so far because I ain't gettting rich, is being able to so make my own schedule, somewhat. For Truckstock '12 I told everyone early on I wasn't going to be here in mid September no matter what. I had a couple of customers try to sneak projects in at the last minute but I gave them plenty of warning.

Two suggestions brought up so far that I like to comment on are doing it in or near a larger city and coordinating it during an established truck event. I would personally like to shy away from too big of a city because to me one city looks like another and to have to drive through or around a big city could be a real hassle for some one driving a stock truck, I know believe me. I live about 20 miles north of Milwaukee but in comparison to most bigger cities Milwaukee is rather small. It also has a pretty good freeway system, and surface roads that take you around the major conjession areas. Also, as I said, one big city is like another. Smaller towns and rural type areas seem to have a more friendly feeling to me.

Coordinating with an exsiting show, I think, would make for too busy of a weekend. If we got involved with going to a big show it would take away from the intimate get together I think most of us are looking to do, maybe I'm wrong. Doc's meet lasted three days, longer for some, and it seemed to be over in no time. I don't think there was a moment of boredom during the entire time of the event. If you want to attend a big show I think that should be for another time.

Just my thoughts.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:10 PM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
I agree . I have no interest in going someplace for a large show.If I remember right the hold thing about truckstock came about after a few of us where complaining about the ways shows have gotten.The high prices,to sit in a hot parking lot,and have every tom,dick,and harry come by and tell you what you should of built.What I liked about Doc's was the absent of drama and stress.If it is decided to do this in a big city or at a large show,count me out.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Doraville
Senior User
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
... I would personally like to shy away from too big of a city ...
Coordinating with an existing show, I think, would make for too busy of a weekend....
I also agree. I liked the laid back atmosphere. That was the whole reason for having Truckstock.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:37 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,684 Likes on 1,486 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
Oh boy, don't get started on that!!

Two suggestions brought up so far that I like to comment on are doing it in or near a larger city and coordinating it during an established truck event. I would personally like to shy away from too big of a city. Smaller towns and rural type areas seem to have a more friendly feeling to me.

Coordinating with an exsiting show, I think, would make for too busy of a weekend. I If you want to attend a big show I think that should be for another time.
I agree with Bob on both accounts!

Old 12-08-2012, 05:41 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Bob, I couldn't agree more. I have been giving this idea a lot of thought over the past week, and considered some of the suggestions made.
In my opinion making it a part of 'another' show would make the TS event simply become a distraction from the big show, or vice-verse.
The idea of holding an event at a park or campground sounds like a good idea, but it requires a LOT of preparation about a year or more in advance. This idea would require the work of at least 3-6 people to put together and also require UP FRONT cash to cover deposits and in some cases insurance.
I've talked this over with Shane about this and although I would not be able to do it in 2013, I am willing to host an event at my house in 2014. It would have to be limited to no more than 15-18 trucks. We have lots of room for tent camping, and room for maybe 3-5 small campers. We only have one bathroom here, but I could get a couple porta-potties and maybe even rig up a temporary 'sun shower' unit for the guys so the girls could share the bathroom. There are plenty of motel rooms available in Crossville which is 20 miles away.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Doraville
Senior User
Originally Posted by harleymsn
...The idea of holding an event at a park or campground sounds like a good idea, but it requires a LOT of preparation about a year or more in advance. This idea would require the work of at least 3-6 people to put together and also require UP FRONT cash to cover deposits and in some cases insurance....
Joe, If we all agreed to meet at a campground on a given date, each person would make their own reservations for either a campsite or a cabin. We could be responsible for our own food, or have a group grill-out (as we have been discussing doing next time anyway). What more preparation would be required?

Quick Reply: Truckstock Location Poll!