1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

my transmission story ... advice, please.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 12:11 AM
brettdacosta
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my transmission story ... advice, please.

Beginning Of May, Transmission Went Out. MiD May HaD Dealer Put Hd Transmission In. Got It Back a Couple weeks Later, And On The Way Home Realized It Was Being WEird. Took It Back. They Checked It OuT, And HaDn't Tightened The FIlter. Got It Back a Week Later. After a Couple Weeks, She WouldN't Go Into Reverse. Dealt With It Once, Took It Back After It Did It Again. They ReFlashed My Computer To Put Some New Ford Updates To The CoDe, Got It Back a Week Later. After About 3-4 WeEks, It Wouldn't Go Into Reverse Again, And On The Way To The Dealership, It Wouldn't Do More Than 30, And Was Shifting Rough. After a Week, Got It Back. The Service Manager Knew a Guy At Beans DIesel PerFormance That He Said He Could Get To ReBurn My Chip (Because They Fried It When They FlaShed Ford's Code). After About a Month (Into September Now), Checked With Him After I Saw The Dealership Had Gone Out Of Business After The 41 Year Old owner Had DIed After Diving In a Shallow PoOl (Had THree Small KidS - Really Sad STory - And a Rabbit Trail). Said He Hasn't Gotten It Up There, But He Would (Driven On Stock Was Getting Miserable).

Last Month (October), I Started LeaKing Tranny Fluid, Got WOrse Until It's Below The Line Now. Thought Ford Warranty (3 Year PArt, 1 Year PArts And Labor) Was Just parts The Whole Time, But Realized It Wasn't So I Took It To The Next CLosest Dealership Friday. They Called And Told Me That It's Not a Ford TransMission, And They Won't Honor It. It's "a Junkyard" transmission, Because "Yellow Paint On The BOltS, Bad Part Number On ReCiept, My Vin Number Doesn't Show ANy Work Being Done To The Truck When They Put It In The ComputerEtc." So I Was a Little irritated, And Called The old Service Manager. Said He Was Pretty Sure It Was a Ford, But He's Call And Find Out Something And Let Me Know. Have a New Guy At That Building Go Pull My File, And See. He Said IF It's Not Ford's Then It'lL At LEast Have a Manufacturer's Warranty. I Just Crossed 6 Months Which Seems Like An appropriate Time For a LeSser Warranty. Said He Would Get Back To Me Monday. Just Wondering What My Options Are. Really Feel Like I'm Getting Screwed. Any Thoughts?

Old 11-04-2012, 06:27 AM
Mark Kovalsky
Fleet Owner

Received 1,576 Likes on 1,054 Posts
First, lose the caps. That makes it really hard to read.

It seems that you might have been defrauded by the dealer. Since they are out of business there isn't much of anything you can do. You really should talk to a lawyer to see if you have any options.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:18 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First of all sorry to hear about your problems. Second of all please get rid of the caps it is really hard to read. I concur with everything that Mark said. I just hope you don't blame Ford since it truely sounds like a dealership issue and more so the service manager since he is the one in charge of the service end of that dealership. I think you were "defrauded" by the service manager who was trying increase his P&L #'s for the end of the month since that is where he made his money. So I won't trust anything he has to say on the subject.
Good luck getting things worked out.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Tailgate77478
Laughing Gas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If it was a Ford dealership, I would highly recommend contacting Ford Corporate...as ultimately, all but a few dealerships are truly "owned" by independent individuals, and the work / services they do are warranteed by Ford corporate. Otherwise, what good is the brand?

See what they'll do for you. If you found you were defrauded, well, I'd hammer on Ford corporate. If you're lucky enough to simply get reimbursed for the cost of the HD...then take your money to BTS or John Wood and be done with the whole problem.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:49 PM
brettdacosta
Tuned
Hey Guys. Sorry About The Caps. It's My Phone Doing It, And This Is The Only Internet I Have At My House. I'll Try To Keep It Short. As Far Add The Service Manager, I Really feel like He's The Only One I Have Right Now. I Don't Blame Ford. Just Would Really Too Have It fixed, And I Don't Know How. I Feel Like If The Service Manager Was Shady That I Wouldn't Have Heard Back From Him Or He Wouldn't Have Worked For Me Quite Like He Has Been. He At Least Seems To Be Trying To Figure Out What Has Been Going On.

What Options Do I Have Though Assuming They Have Screwed Me? I Don't Have Much Money For a Lawyer, And I Don't Know If I Should Work To Get Anything Done Or Just Fix The Leak That Exists.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:13 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,110 Likes on 2,170 Posts
do you have a receipt from the dealer showing that the trans was replaced and what work was done?
that should prove fraud or not.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:33 PM
brettdacosta
Tuned
I Do Have a Picture. How Do I Post It?

Old 11-04-2012, 02:38 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
A picture is not a receipt.

Pop

Old 11-04-2012, 02:58 PM
brettdacosta
Tuned
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
A picture is not a receipt.

Pop
It's a Picture Of The receipt, so You Guys Could See What You Think.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:06 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
upload the picture to photobucket, then copy the image code from photobucket and paste it here.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 PM
brettdacosta
Tuned
Here's The Image If The Receipt...

First Time, So Hope It Works.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:41 PM
BobbyDiesel71
Postmaster
send it to Ford corporate and file a grievance
have them investigate and get your situation resolved
Keep at it and don't stop till they fufill their warranty
Good Luck!

Old 11-05-2012, 12:10 AM
1fixitman
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Never send an original anything. Keep all originals in your possession.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:36 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
correct. keep the original, and use a photocopy for everything. that receipt should confirm you had a new trans installed. if they did not, then it is up to the ford dealership to rectify the situation.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:44 AM
brettdacosta
Tuned
Originally Posted by tjc transport
correct. keep the original, and use a photocopy for everything. that receipt should confirm you had a new trans installed. if they did not, then it is up to the ford dealership to rectify the situation.
Which dealership are you talking about or did you just mean Ford in general?

Cause the original dealership that replaced it is out of business, and the next closest dealership won't work on or honor anything from the other one.

Quick Reply: my transmission story ... advice, please.