1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

meandering thoughts and a small explosion....

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 08:30 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
meandering thoughts and a small explosion....

i was thinking today after placing an order with joblots for the 52 , and speedway and soon van pelts for the 53 , that i own dinosaurs . well we all know that . but i realized i should just type in flinstones .com and i could find the needed parts for the things .....Name:  dino car.jpeg
Views: 314
Size:  8.7 KB i also witnessed a small nuclear explosion Name:  nuke.jpeg
Views: 371
Size:  5.6 KBroughly about where the wife was when i called to let her know the body shop doing the work on the effiesaurus needed some greenbacks to move ahead ........... i'm thinking that my distant relatives like grumpasaurus and motosaurus ( i am an arseholeasaurus myself ) became extinct for a reason similar to this ....... spending money on our toys .................

Old 09-05-2012, 09:06 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 609 Likes on 379 Posts
My "new" car is a '98, others are '91, '86, and the '52. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a car I just need to wash and wax, but I tried that once and ended up selling it a year or so later, taking a $5,000 bath. That cured me...

Old 09-05-2012, 09:30 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I kinda think that somewhere on a mairage licence, in very small print it must say "handel with care, beautiful brides may be explosive at times". Ive got the best wife in the world ,who truly loves our truck, but things can defenitly get a little lets say sticky if I buy to many parts at once. I have to be a little creative when it comes to getting everything I need to finish a project. LOL

Old 09-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by underthebridgejim
I kinda think that somewhere on a mairage licence, in very small print it must say "handel with care, beautiful brides may be explosive at times". Ive got the best wife in the world ,who truly loves our truck, but things can defenitly get a little lets say sticky if I buy to many parts at once. I have to be a little creative when it comes to getting everything I need to finish a project. LOL
Hey Jimmy, i found a used C4 on eBay...u interested?

Old 09-05-2012, 09:58 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"arseholeasaurus?" That made me laugh!

Old 09-05-2012, 09:59 PM
thundersnow70
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
i have found that its a delicate balance between old trucks, old parts and a loving wife. i have ran right up to the edge, only to have fallen off and caught myself by a thread. i bought my 60 sixteen years ago and i never brought it home for a month. i bought the f2 for four times what i watched it sell for at a sale. my loving wife went with me to get it out in the middle of bfe nebraska. that was a long ride home. most of us feel your pain f350..........keep fighting the good fight. pick your battles and keep your head down. God Speed!

Old 09-07-2012, 04:50 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
handle with care ? naw . she knew when she married me i had one or two bad habits that i had no intention of dealing with , racing , which i did give up due to the high costs involved even with the cheapest class , and my old vehicles . the delicate balance i deal with is me and controlling myself . i am spending a lot on this truck , even more so now as many of the homemade projects like the front disc brakes i gave up on due to my life schedule and in the end the costs were as much as or more than buying a kit . i just joke around a lot as she is often suprized at the costs and kinda wiggs out over it . she doesn't comprehend what it takes or costs , and often thinks i'm making crap up just too buy new parts instead of patchworking like i am so guilty of . i have the new car bug , but after thinking about the money spent monthly , and the lack of character they have i don't . i bitch about my 95 v8 bird and the fact that it seems to of late ( mostly due to med bills for some cancer procedures and other things for her ) falling apart under me . as such though it knocks down mileage very comparable too many late models and i only have $1,800 or so in it total including it's "new" engine out of an 00 vic that is just sitting in a corner . the flintstone .com was just me musing at the fact that i am constantly on sites dealing with ancient derelicts for parts or info instead of living in the here and now so to speak . as i told my cuz who has an extensively modded 53 effie of his own , one of these days i'll rejoin the 18th century and become current with the rest of humanity ............ p.s when she decided to be a part of my twisted life i had my 70 bird , a 83 cutlass , a 72 cutlass , an 83 effie , three little puddle jumper race cars , a 75 lincoln town car and some more non running fords , poncho's and oldsmobiles hidden in various corners of the map so she knew !!!! LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-07-2012, 06:50 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
You can never please them - I traded in Beer and Women for Fishing and Old Vehicles - After just a few months I was offered a case of Beer and a new Neighbor Lady if I stopped Fishing got rid of my Boat and sold my Vehicles - I said I would keep the Vehicles, stop Fishing get rid of the Boat so I could buy more Old Vehicles and throw Her out - Oh, I got a new Dog also in the deal.

Ross - My new vehicle is a 97 never been hand washed or waxed - It's been hosed down a few times by firetrucks after HAZMATS. I found out that street crud and space dust hold them together better than wax

Old 09-07-2012, 08:33 PM
sgary
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My new and improved wife drives fast, likes cars and bikes, knows mechanics, has a good job, bought me my first new vehicle and is sending me to Berlin next month to see my youngest son. If your truck is a piece of crap you trade it in, so why not the wife? It took me 35 years to figure that one out!
Plenty of Fish, I owe you one.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:00 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
Shoot, right now I'm in good with the old lady. Here about 2 years ago I bought her a vehicle that was actually built in this century. I had her driving a 65 Falcon for awhile. I bought her a 2001 Jeep Cherokee, paid a whopping 3K for it. Its fully loaded and only had 115K miles on it.
My other vehicles are a 93 Suburban (175K Miles) my sons 90 F150 (145K), daughters 97 Saturn (165K) my company truck 2005 F150 (243K), My 94 Roadking (only 14K...woohoo) my 49 F1 (engine had 135K when installed), etc

I try to buy daily drivers that are approx 10 years old in the 3 to 4 grand range and drive the snot out of them. I figure if I get 5 years out of them I've broke even or made money. I have realized that if I keep the old lady in something that starts everytime and has air conditioning then my dog house is a lot more comfy

Bobby