Sponsored by:

Well...It is official..I am Ex-LESS...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 08:21 AM
WE3ZS
Received 844 Likes on 582 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 Excursion camper
IT IS ALIVE!

WOW! way to bring back the dead! good job. now we need X_Hemi_Guy to stop back here and post.
Originally Posted by icecold
hope your happy with the liberty,my wife has one it gets 2 mpg better milage than my x with a v 10 .no way i'd trade

pete

Actually X_Hemi_Guy now has a Subaru Outback, caught a few of his posts over on the Outback forum. I'll try to give him a shout out and ask him stop by here to say "Hi"

Old 07-17-2015, 08:55 AM
1 Excursion camper
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That would be great! He really had a lot of in depth input for us here. I for one am glad I went with his recommendations.

I'm sure he is just as helpful over on the Outback forum.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:51 AM
WE3ZS
Yes, Joe was a great asset to the EX forum, he helped me get my setup squared away too.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:55 AM
WE3ZS
Originally Posted by 1 Excursion camper
That would be great! He really had a lot of in depth input for us here. I for one am glad I went with his recommendations.

I'm sure he is just as helpful over on the Outback forum.

It appears that Joe's brand of logic didn't mix well with the Outback crowd, his account shows that he is "banned" over there now!

I sent him a PM here, hopefully he will stop in to say Hi.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:43 AM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
It appears that Joe's brand of logic didn't mix well with the Outback crowd, his account shows that he is "banned" over there now!

Sounds like our type of people. lol

Old 07-17-2015, 03:20 PM
76HBoyNut
Junior User
Sorry...been away for awhile. Figured I ought to pick up where I left off....

Originally Posted by Mr. Crab
Holy Zombie thread, Batman!

You did look at the date of last post, right?

Old 07-17-2015, 03:56 PM
76HBoyNut
Junior User
Yes, Joe was a great asset to the EX forum, he helped me get my setup squared away too.
Amen! I read this forum religiously for couple months in planning out my Ex build with much of my build with respect to his recommendations! Since doing the mod's in 12 its been a fantastic vehicle with little more than changing the oil over the past couple of years. Compare that with the white knuckle bouncing off the bump stops prior.

My wife initially hated that vehicle...now that its been wrecked she wants another with the exact same mods.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:06 PM
Restlesswildman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Seriously how does one get banned on a Subaru forum?

I have only been banned on 1 site my entire life.....That was a M/C forum that a group of guys thought they didn't need to obey traffic laws.

One of their guys blew a turn at 140 plus crossed the median and hit a van with a family in it. Killed the parents and older kids. The only survivor was a 4 yr old. The majority was popping off that the family got what they deserved...I still can not figure that one out still to this day!

Back on topic......I thought this wa a recent thread until I looked at the first post date.

If the Ex-Hemi dude pops back in that would be awesome!

Old 07-17-2015, 10:20 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doesn't sound like Joe's character, unless he was still recommending v and x codes over there

He's missed here, a genuine great guy to this forum.

Old 07-18-2015, 12:00 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 944 Likes on 686 Posts
Originally Posted by Restlesswildman
Seriously how does one get banned on a Subaru forum?
Too many reps? Everyone rep Joe on his Jan 30, 2015 post and I guarantee he'll come back here for a visit.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post15042354

Old 07-18-2015, 06:51 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
HOLY WAY BACK HAT BAT-MAN!!!

Kevin (PM on RV.net) and Eric (email)...Here I am...thanks for the G2 on this thread. I haven't been on this site in a LOOOOOONG time!

Thank you all for your VERY KIND WORDS about me...being a part of the Ex community was amazing and fun...we all learned a lot about heavy towing together. When I joined FTE a lot of folks didn't really understand "heavier" towing with the Ex and I was wanting to do so...over a lot of trial and error we honed in on what worked and helped to dispel a lot of "myth" about what was going on together and to educate a lot of people just how INCREDIBLE the Ex can be as a TV in either the V10 OR PSD once you tamed some of the factory weaknesses with some fairly inexpensive and easy DIY changes!

Since the last time I've been here LOTS has gone on...I'll leave the OB forum story until the end...well as much as I know because I'm still in the dark as to what happened on that very "brand loyal" and "Subaru mother ship flag waving" site...LOL

We've since sold the bus...AND the Liberty for that matter to the same person. Did okay on that sale and had an incredible time in the bus while we had it...there is NO NICER WAY TO TRAVEL than in a higher end diesel pusher in the 40' length range. We just hit traveling IN all 50 states for our family and daughters (soon to be 18 and 16 year old) with our trip we just got back from visiting colleges for our oldest. I'm also still spending a fair amount of time out in the SoCal area for work...so life is great and continues on as I know it is for everyone else here that I have come to know over the years.

Now on the OB forum...what a cluster &@%! of a site that place is to be honest. I have NO IDEA why I was banned other than one of my last posts where I asked if most of the "Subaru Flag Wavers" were Subaru dealership owners...because on that site commercial entities ARE allowed and don't have to "declare" themselves as such...so you don't know if you are talking to a regular Joe or a corporate dealership. Having a "dissenting" opinion on that site about anything that is not rainbows and lollipops about Subaru is not well received and you are "ganged up on" by the flag wavers...well you know my personality...I am NOT a flag waver for anything...I post my mind and try to get "facts" versus "fiction".

My issue is the MPG's on the OB are NO WHERE NEAR what they are advertised yet some folks are able to achieve the ratings...kind of similar to the "Wander Issue" that SOME folks on the Ex forum experienced...NOT EVERYONE on here had the "Wander"...so we systematically attacked the issue...in a similar manner I (and a couple of others) tried to do the same yet the "flag wavers" only wanted to say it had to be the "driver"...which IS a big part of any MPG equation...the part they were ignoring is that the "driver" CAN achieve the EPA ratings in ALL OTHER cars they (I) own so why does the OB have such a difficult time meeting it for EVERYONE...well apparently when I asked/inferred that many of the posters were Subaru affiliated...BLAM...gone...no PM from Admin, no email, nothing...just BANNED...LOL I guess they are content with sipping kool-aide but I'm not...so that site is not a good fit for me because I want unbiased information not corporate censorship which I suspect is much behind that particular site.

Enough about that...

Thank you all again for the very kind words...we're just enjoying life and living this portion to the fullest. We're doing a few more college visits and then our oldest will have to make her decision...we just got back from East Tennessee State University late last night...we were all pretty impressed with the campus and the overall faculty "support/advisory team" approach they have set up for the students. Our daughter is wanting to be a doctor and this college has a medical school right in town that is "affiliated" with the college and the overall advisory structure they give their pre-med students to prepare them for the MCAT testing and Med School application process is incredible...but we'll see where things go as admittance to Med School is highly competitive to say the least. We've got visits to other schools over the next two week's...one in north western Ohio (Ohio Northern) and then to Central Michigan (CMU)...two day trips. We told here that ETSU is in a MUCH WARMER climate than all the other schools she has looked at...LOL

Well...I'll watch this thread...again...Ha-Ha.

Hope everyone is well...I've swung the REP HAMMER on those I could hit in here...I think I still swing a fairly heavy hammer in that arena...the way the Rep thing went down on here still leaves a bad taste in my mouth...but that's life too...he who has the gold makes the rules...

Old 07-18-2015, 06:53 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I think my meat eating, deer hunting mentality in general doesn't mix well with typical Subaru "tree-huggers"...I tell people...YES I AM A TREE-HUGGER...I HUG the tree while I'm climbing up to my tree stand to SHOOT the deer!!!...LOL

Old 07-18-2015, 07:51 AM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Welcome back, kind of. Great to hear from "family". Coninued best wishes to you and the college parenting adventure.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:09 AM
WE3ZS
Very glad to hear from you Joe!
We went through the college hunt last year with our son, he ships out to The Ohio State University in a month, So I have a month before my wife starts to go bonkers with her "baby" gone.

Old 07-18-2015, 12:23 PM
harley4jcs
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
I think my meat eating, deer hunting mentality in general doesn't mix well with typical Subaru "tree-huggers"...I tell people...YES I AM A TREE-HUGGER...I HUG the tree while I'm climbing up to my tree stand to SHOOT the deer!!!...LOL

I live OUTSIDE of Austin & after the Subaru commercial (don't know if it's a national add) informs me that there plant can produce 6 Months worth of cars with less impact on the planet than me flushing my toilet TODAY ALONE DOES Then they let me know that they designed there cars for my DOG & he's going to love it

Quick Reply: Well...It is official..I am Ex-LESS...