Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the Bronco Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 11:55 AM
kennyds79
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are correct Encho. Not enough hours in the day or days in the week...

Old 07-26-2013, 01:00 PM
1_ton_bronco
Posting Guru
Changed trans fluid in the 150

Old 07-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Boss351Bronco88
Senior User
Been driving mine every chance I get...To work, all the local weekly car shows. This weekend we have one of the bigger cruises going on. So Ill be getting her ready for it. Fresh coat of wax, taking the top off. Plan on having a good time. Smoking tires and embarrassing the kids in their Honda's and daddy's Mustangs.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:23 PM
bigzirb
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I prepped my new calipers for paint tonight only to realize I am out of primer. Guess I wasn't supposed to paint tonight anyway.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:50 PM
bigzirb
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I refreshed my techniques of doing double flares on brake lines today. Tomorrow I shall start putting new lines on the Bronco.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:35 PM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Bought new brake pads and a new SET 37 bearing for the driver's sive, the current one got messed up.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:49 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Upon request of a norwegian friend, I topped off my brake fluid, wiped some fo the wetness of my Portioning valve and fired up TGM to see where my leak was. After pumping the crap out of the brakes and climbing under, it appears the big nut on the bottom leaks. We are thinking a copper washer would fix that. Next about 1 foot down the steel line, the frame was soaked. It appears it might be leaking but I wasn't sure. SO, the plan for whenever I get a job and a steady income, is to get 2 calipers for the front, a steel to rubber line for the driverside (passenger is new), then a steel line to run all the way to the back. The wheel cylinders in the back are newish along with the hardware. My front calipers however, those are trashed. I just don't have any money for it right now and I need a job. Once I get one, that will happen along with some other things, then I REALLY have to pinch my pennies. Once I hit $3k I'll be happy. In April next year my norwegian friend, his Girlfriend and I are planning a trip over to Charlotte NC for the 50th anniversary of the Mustang. It will be my first time on such a long road trip so I am pretty excited. Plus I'll be 21 finally so I can taste different local beers.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:20 PM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
I drove the thing...

Here a video..my brother was commentating...as usual.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:11 AM
Boss351Bronco88
Senior User
I washed it, and drove it....And shot a quick vid of a walk around and short drive. To show that a good quality single 3in exhaust can sound real good...Duals aren't always needed. And FYI, the last part of the vid, I eased it to the floor.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:11 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Geeze both of your broncos sound great... I like Manfreds brother saying "Oh he dun got it stuck now!" Hehehe.

Boss, it appears 2 of your gauges aren't working... Story?

As for TGM, last night/this morning I was leaving work and noticed a good sized spot of what looked like brake fluid. I couldn't get a scent off it but oil shouldn't be getting that far and my trans fluid is still red. This tells me my leak is much worse than I thought so I parked the old beast. I bought some brake cleaner (2 cans) and plan to attack it either later today or tomorrow. I worked all night so I'll probably sleep for a while today but we'll see when I wake up. I'm going to pull the proportioning valve off and start pulling it apart to see what kind of washers and gaskets it has. Maybe one is too old to seal. I'd like to be able to fix it even if it's a temp fix. I can't afford a new valve right now. Anyways, so now I'm driving my VW bug for now.

On another note, at some point I need to make a new video of mine. My old phone was very bad at handling the exhaust with how loud it is.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:11 PM
NewEnglander
Laughing Gas
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
She sure sounds purrtty lol. Ok so I just happened to take a video of when I opened my truck up a few days ago, cause I almost never open her up......ok just kidding I at least do it 3 times a day...

Old 07-31-2013, 12:42 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
One of these days I'll do a slow to 60ish in TGM. The freeway onramp is good for that. Too bad my speedo is unreliable and you can never be sure exactly what it reads. Plus I'd use like $5 in gas just in that short burst.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:34 PM
Boss351Bronco88
Senior User
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
Geeze both of your broncos sound great... I like Manfreds brother saying "Oh he dun got it stuck now!" Hehehe.

Thanks man, I appreciate it...Yea...that would be my volt and oil pressure gauges. The oil pressure gauge is not hooked up as of right now due to my aftermarket gauge using the port. I've been planning on T-ing it. Just haven't gotten around to doing it. The Volt gauge has a mind of its own...I think it has to do with the 2g plug not being in the best of shape. I still need to do the 3g swap. And If you really want to get technical, My gas gauge works...but it doesn't. It reads backwards. 1/4 reading ='s Full...F reading ='s 1/2...lol...I love my Bronco.

Last edited by Boss351Bronco88; 07-31-2013 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Spelling error.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:59 PM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans

As for TGM, last night/this morning I was leaving work and noticed a good sized spot of what looked like brake fluid. I couldn't get a scent off it but oil shouldn't be getting that far and my trans fluid is still red. This tells me my leak is much worse than I thought so I parked the old beast. I bought some brake cleaner (2 cans) and plan to attack it either later today or tomorrow. I worked all night so I'll probably sleep for a while today but we'll see when I wake up. I'm going to pull the proportioning valve off and start pulling it apart to see what kind of washers and gaskets it has. Maybe one is too old to seal. I'd like to be able to fix it even if it's a temp fix. I can't afford a new valve right now. Anyways, so now I'm driving my VW bug for now.

On another note, at some point I need to make a new video of mine. My old phone was very bad at handling the exhaust with how loud it is.

I was trying to turn it around quick like you see in the movies. Haha...I would've if the ditch wasn't there.

The 466 has some power but there is more to open up!

Old 07-31-2013, 05:38 PM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
I did a 0-70 MPH test in the Bronco the other day. It needs more work to make it move better.

I was kinda soft on the throttle..my steering still isn't good and its out of alignment. The speedo might be off to some. Just put in a 16t or 19t speedo gear to calibrate it for the 33s I have on it.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the Bronco Today?