6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 01:53 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
The dually fender has grown on me. I didn't like it at first. To me, it looked like someone stuck an extra wheel on each side of the truck and said, "Damn, we forgot fenders.", and then stuck those on. Since then, I have come to find out there was a very good reason why the fenders are the way they are, and I found that out on the Ram forum. Those guys have to get past the massive bedsides on their duallies to unlatch their kingpins, and several commented on how much easier it would be with the Ford style fenders. Realistically though, the Mega-Cab dually fenders look almost identical to the Ford dually fenders.

Old 01-24-2015, 02:06 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,005 Likes on 1,601 Posts
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
The dually fender has grown on me. I didn't like it at first. To me, it looked like someone stuck an extra wheel on each side of the truck and said, "Damn, we forgot fenders.", and then stuck those on. Since then, I have come to find out there was a very good reason why the fenders are the way they are, and I found that out on the Ram forum. Those guys have to get past the massive bedsides on their duallies to unlatch their kingpins, and several commented on how much easier it would be with the Ford style fenders. Realistically though, the Mega-Cab dually fenders look almost identical to the Ford dually fenders.
I haven't seen a Mega cab dually.........
I am happy with what I have. So, life is good. I am going to get some work done later today. Can't stay on my feet too much yet..... But getting better.

Old 01-24-2015, 03:23 AM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Not on the 4th gen. The third gen mega can duallies had style of fender that Ford uses now, but the 4th gen has the big hips

Sent from my Nexus 4 using IB AutoGroup

Old 01-24-2015, 03:31 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Yup, sure does. I was thinking of one of the recent projects on Extreme Off-Road where Ian converted a 2500 to a dually and used the mega flares to cover the extra wheels. I forgot he used 3rd gen flares.

Another benefit to that style - whether Ford or Ram - is the expense involved in replacing them after getting too close to a steel post.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:53 AM
4df150
Elder User
Received 305 Likes on 82 Posts
Good Morning One Pagers....

I see everyone was up in the weee hours of the morning chatting....

Today's headline...

Y'all be safe out there and don't die....

Old 01-24-2015, 08:39 AM
Dim Sum
Cargo Master
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Howdy Folks!

Sorry about the late reply. Busy around here and this morning I have a foot out the door getting ready to go judge a Future City contest where 7-8 graders get into teams, build a SIM city, write essays, and present their city to a panel of judges. I do this every year and its a lot of fun (but been busy the last month grading SIM cities and essays).

For Power

The 6 speed manual G56 is 350 HP and 660 Ft Lbs
The 68RFE Auto (the one I bought) is 370 HP and 800 Ft Lbs
The Asin is 385 HP and 865 Ft Lbs

I chose the Chrylser tranny because the Asin comes with some serious maintenance requirements. Its a heavy duty tranny and has some incredibly short service intervals. That's not something I need in a truck. Additionally it was a 2800 option (vs 600 for mine) and I just figured the 7 year 100k warranty was money better spent. The guys with the Chrysler 6 speed all will say its a dummer transmission, but plenty reliable in stock power configurations.

I'll comment more when I get some free time. Feel free to ask questions.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:11 AM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
That's a neat idea. Are they doing this in the SIM CITY game?

Old 01-24-2015, 01:07 PM
Dim Sum
Cargo Master
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by kper05
That's a neat idea. Are they doing this in the SIM CITY game?
Yes. Basically the kids are given a theme to solve for building a city. This year was sustainable food production. They design a city and build a representation in SIM City to model the city's performance and are graded on that. We've been grading those for a couple weeks.

Next they have to write a couple essays explaining the engineering process for why they chose the designs and solutions they picked.

The teams then have to build a diorama of their city and present a 5-8 minute brief on their city. After the brief the teams are grilled with questions by the panel for another 6-8 minutes and are graded on their knowledge.

I grade the finals in about an hour. The Future city organization recruits engineers to be panel members and that's where I fell in.

It's fun, rewarding, and encouraging to see kids who really have it. The future is strong with these kids.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport using IB AutoGroup

Old 01-24-2015, 06:23 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Howdy gang. You guys have been really quiet today. Only 4 posts since I left work this morning. Did Al Gore cancel the internet for a while today?

I'm going to try my best not to die tonight Bill. Thanks for the heads up about death.

Since I have to spend Monday and Tuesday buying off on a PLC for the company, I will have to sleep for just a couple of hours tomorrow morning, then do something to stay awake until Sunday night to rearrange my sleep schedule. Solution? The gun show is this weekend just down the street a ways, so I invited a coworker and his kids to go with me to the gun show tomorrow. I think 6 hours of gun **** should do the trick for staying awake, and in my sleep deprived state, I may even buy more guns. Who knows?

Steve, I bet that SIM project is fun, and there are some pretty neat ideas. It amazes me sometimes how much though some kids put into stuff that leaves the rest of us scratching our heads and wondering why this has never been done before.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:29 PM
k7lvo
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I've never done anything with Sim City. Do they learn things that can practicably be applied to real cities or is it an excerise in thought and logic? (It sounds like a great project even if it's mostly theoretical.)

BTW, thanks for the welcome, Everyone!

Old 01-24-2015, 06:58 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Doug - What's PLC stand for?

THanks for the reply Steve.

Howdy Roy. I see the bed has been sprayed and the guard figured out totally now.

Got back to Miami and we were able to clean out several rooms COMPLETELY and totally get rid of the jacuzzi tub outside. The circuit board had died and the wood was rotted. Still a pain to cut it up and haul it out.

SO far investors a big nothing. A call back, but then when we talk nothing. I think when I tell them that I have researched the area and I know what it should sell for. (and I am willing to give them every penny of the RE commission) they just want to steal the house from me. Which they figure isn't gonna happen.

I meet with the RE Agent on Weds. morning to discuss listing the house.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:04 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Dak,
We finally listed our "other" house the first part of Jan. got a full offer the next day, scheduled to close next Friday, Jan 30. I believe your house will sell fairly quick. I know it's a PITA dealing with all that crap though....

Old 01-24-2015, 07:21 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Thanks Mitch! Congrats on your sell. I hope you are right about mine.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:36 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,568 Likes on 1,426 Posts
Hi guys,

I haven't been keeping up, where's Gerry?

Hi Lewis, Welcome to the one page! Are you active in ham radio? I haven't been active for almost a year now. I used to be fairly active on 40m.

Tim kc7eay

Old 01-24-2015, 08:00 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Dakster
Doug - What's PLC stand for?
Howdy Dak.

PLC = Programmable Logic Controller

We use it to circulate catalyst our CCR regenerator in our reformer unit. It operates the valves in a certain sequence, using feedback from the previous valves in the sequence to know when it is ok or appropriate for them to cycle. It looks at lots of other stuff as well, besides valve feedback, but that's it in a nutshell. there are lots of other uses for it within a refinery, as well as tons of uses outside of a refinery setting, and can be customized for most any need.

Good luck on the house listing.

Howdy Mitch, Tim and Lewis!

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most