Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Senior User

frt2599 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Turbo Flutter?

My truck on occasion make a fluttering sound from the right front of the truck when under load pulling my camper. Will also do it without the trailer but easier to reproduce with the camper attached. Just got back from the dealer and a test drive with the diesel mechanic and after driving about 20 (with camper attached) I finally got it to flutter. Mechanic said it sounds like a Turbo Flutter coming through the air box that was very common on the 6.0L engines but has never heard of it with the 6.7L. Anyway he is calling FORD to see if they had an hits on this. Anyone else experience this????
Firestone Air Bags with Airlift 72000 wireless air
2011 Jayco Octane T29A Toy Hauler with toys
2004 F250 Lariat CC SRW 6.0L PSD (Traded)
Old 06-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Junior User

marine57_4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
frt2599, my 2011 f-350 started doing it without the trailer. took it to ford and they determined that it "barks" or flutters. from the right front side. ended up having the turbo replaced. it no longer "barks" and runs great.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Senior User

frt2599 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marine57_4 View Post
frt2599, my 2011 f-350 started doing it without the trailer. took it to ford and they determined that it "barks" or flutters. from the right front side. ended up having the turbo replaced. it no longer "barks" and runs great.
Got a call from the dealer today. Have an appointment Tuesday to have the turbo replaced.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:17 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
03, 60, 60l, diesel, easy, flutter, fluttering, flutters, ford, haulers, powered, powerstroke, toy, turbo, vbulletin