Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Support FTE

PaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead351 View Post
I have solved my issue! I had a tiny fuel leak that was introducing air into the system. The fpr return line was the culprit. The hard line with the nut on it has a tiny rubber seal INSIDE the nut was trashed. Few bucks at ford my truck runs excellent. The smooth idle has returned. My truck always ran good in the throttle but that seal was my rough idle maker.

That seal is inside that nut. Make sure you tighten the nut down firmly; it actually seals the threading up against the fpr the rubber seals the line. I'm very happy.

7.3 return line seal - Google Search
Glad you found the problem and shared it with us.

In the future go to DieselOrings for any of your seal or o-ring needs. Best prices and customer service you will find anywhere.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:24 PM
New User

chrislorl is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well I too have had a great change. I replaced my Throttle Position Sensor. In my truck it is the whole pedal assembly. What a difference it made. But I still have a slight shutter when driving. Could you give me some more details on where this o-ring is that you replaced, maybe a picture.

Thanks and Happy Fathers Day if your a dad too.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Elder User

gearhead351 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I too had a shudder when my torque converter Locked up. The fpr is on the fuel filter housing. It's the line coming off the top right.

These are the seals. I only used one. Happy d day! I'm not a dad yet but I am getting married next year!

http://www.dieselsite.com/fuellinesealkit.aspx

"rumor is you could F**K up an iron ball with a rubber hammer"

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r.../pokechevy.gif
Old 06-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Support FTE

PaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislorl View Post
Well I too have had a great change. I replaced my Throttle Position Sensor. In my truck it is the whole pedal assembly. What a difference it made. But I still have a slight shutter when driving. Could you give me some more details on where this o-ring is that you replaced, maybe a picture.

Thanks and Happy Fathers Day if your a dad too.
What he replaced was the Parker fuel line sleeve (Parker 60VLV-5 Viton Sleeve 5/16") on the fuel return fitting at the FPR. See Here
Old 06-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Elder User

gearhead351 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yes thank you! That's what I was trying to find. It's super easy to change the seal

"rumor is you could F**K up an iron ball with a rubber hammer"

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r.../pokechevy.gif
Old 06-17-2012, 04:34 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
73, add, cloudy, edge, ford, fuel, idle, installed, oil, power, powerstroke, rough, runs, smoother, steering