Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2012, 07:58 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.
2005 XLT Crew Cab 7.3 on flea-bay - FYI

Here's the link:

2005 Ford F250 RN XLT (4X4) Ghost Gum Grey 4sp A Crewcab | eBay

Have a look at the photos. I thought it must be another personal imports like Wallsy's as it has the coolant lines going over the top of the engine. But no glove box (the sign of a Ford Australia conversion).
It looks like maybe the later F250's coming over had a GIANT vacuum actuated coolant valve behind the right battery - which makes sense for the LHD version (which has all the heater stuff on that side).

Can't see why the converters moved everything over and left that there!

Here's another (down Bryan's way and a crew cab):

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-F250...item33759be81f

engine as expected, as original with old large-body alternator.
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
NOT done: big oil, big brakes, big turbo. Next Mods? None - I'm done!
Australia: where Mechanics use spanners & Plumbers use wrenches
Old 05-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Internet Brands

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
Nice, damn those trucks hold onto their value. 150k on it, and still wants over 60 gorillas for it!
Those "large-body" alternators are the US ambulance pack, early imports got them...
Old 05-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Posting Guru

ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
There goes ya 80-90 grand price tag Bryan. That first one is a gem for the price.
join the Australian Chapter here-Join Chapter
Old 05-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Elder User

Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder View Post
There goes ya 80-90 grand price tag Bryan. That first one is a gem for the price.
Except for tha roof DVD player and the winch,its a poverty pack,nothing like mine,that wouldnt even turn a head. Pfffft

With its 3 and a 1/2 inch exhaust WOW its a bargain LOL.
2005 FORD F250 7.3L, Maxxis BigHorns 35's,16x10 alloy rims,5"Procomp/Icon Vehicle Dynamics lift,AIH Delete,CCV,FRX,HPX, OCR,JW valve body,mag-hytec rear diff cover,Riffraff Billet plenums,Clays ported housing+11 blade comp wheel,Bellowed up-pipes,Garrett turbo outlet,F6 chip,Custom 4" to 5" exhaust,All from clay @ RiffRaff,BD big trans sump,Carpc got the ****,got a IPAD in the dash now
Old 05-08-2012, 04:48 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.
Bryan, you should get on a bicycle and pump some oxygenated blood through the grey matter. All our Aussie trucks started out as pov-paks.

Trick would be to keep your upgrades, return your supercab to stock-ish, turn it over and pick up the stock crewcab as your blank canvas...
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
Old 07-01-2012, 02:54 PM
New User

Frogslilypad is starting off with a positive reputation.
05 F-250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder View Post

Hi There, I was living in Australia, and moved here to NewZealand 5 Years ago. Never had a problem with the truck so far, but noticing some slight movement in my crossover Ball Joints. I am aware of the 1/8 movenment allowance. However, I am cautious about my steering.
just wondering were i could get parts for my double crossover steering linkage ?, and Good quality brake pads for my F-250.
Regards,
Froggy
Old 07-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Posting Guru

ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
G,day Froggy

I get all my parts from Clay
Riffraff Diesel Performance Parts: Powerstroke Parts | Ford Diesel Parts | Ford - 99-03 Super Duty 7.3L

even with the freight it ends up cheaper than buying stuff here.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:52 AM
New User

Frogslilypad is starting off with a positive reputation.
thanks for that
Old 07-02-2012, 03:13 AM
Posting Guru

No worries m8. If what ya after isnt listed, shoot him an email. He is always willing to help.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:48 AM
Posting Guru

Sourcing parts from the USA usually works out to be 33 to 50% cheaper than buying them locally here ATM - combination of high Aussie dollar and unmotivated retailers here who are not quite used to the global economy.

If you also look here: https://www.trademotion.com/memberse...&siteid=214072

you can find the drawings of the various parts - you will have to figure out which ones are applicable to the cross-over steering set up in our RHD vehicles.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:50 AM
Posting Guru

For the record.

Link 1 - asking price was $59,900 (2005 crew cab, 150k kms), the highest offer on eBay was $52,000 which was declined.

Link 2 - asking price was $49,500, including GST (2002 crew cab, 225k kms) - no offers.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:01 AM
Posting Guru

Fleabay latest - 2004 crew cab, 7.3, 136 k k's, very clean looking unit, only mods I can see are driving lights, bonnet protector, UHF, tub-liner, sports bar, tow bar, and religious icons. Currently reserve is not met at $59,500

2004 Ford F250 Dual Cab XLT | eBay
Old 07-10-2012, 03:50 AM
Posting Guru

is a very clean example. But, like Bryan said once you add all the extras you are up near the 80-90k mark.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:50 AM
Posting Guru

Agree totally. Bryan was absolutely correct, Oz got the 'pov-pack', XLT, and the 'pauper-pack', the XL.

It takes $30k worth of mods and additions before you start to get something decent. For its $90k price tag this one is not even close!:
2005 FORD F250 XLT RN Ute Private Cars For Sale in QLD - carsales.com.au

Even this looks to have a stock engine with a 3rd battery jammed in there...
Old 07-10-2012, 05:10 AM
Posting Guru

He's about halve way there. Its a nice truck and priced accordingly. No gauges, no engines mods just eye candy
Old 07-10-2012, 05:10 AM