Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: archtaan

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2012, 06:57 AM
Senior User

6.9 diesel nut is starting off with a positive reputation.
A late hello

I did post in one thread here, but I never did say hello, so here it is. Hi y'all. I live in King William county, about 8 miles from West Point. Last month, I got my first set of wheels. It's an 86 F-350 dually with a 6.9L IDI Diesel V8.
By the way, my name is Jeff.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Senior User

ReedRepower has a brilliant futureReedRepower has a brilliant futureReedRepower has a brilliant futureReedRepower has a brilliant futureReedRepower has a brilliant futureReedRepower has a brilliant futureReedRepower has a brilliant futureReedRepower has a brilliant futureReedRepower has a brilliant futureReedRepower has a brilliant futureReedRepower has a brilliant future
Reedrepower xXfordXx_
hello Jeff
Old 04-20-2012, 10:05 PM
New Mexico Chapter LDR

CelticDevilDog has a superb reputationCelticDevilDog has a superb reputationCelticDevilDog has a superb reputationCelticDevilDog has a superb reputationCelticDevilDog has a superb reputationCelticDevilDog has a superb reputationCelticDevilDog has a superb reputationCelticDevilDog has a superb reputationCelticDevilDog has a superb reputationCelticDevilDog has a superb reputationCelticDevilDog has a superb reputation
Hi Jeff. Nice to see you drop by!

The truck looks good! I love the older body style. It just looks tougher to me. Feel free to drop by the BS chat thread. There are lots of people that will shoot the breeze with you and a ton of knowledge about trucks.
Click here to join the NM chapter.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Postmaster

Coskid is a splendid one to beholdCoskid is a splendid one to beholdCoskid is a splendid one to beholdCoskid is a splendid one to beholdCoskid is a splendid one to beholdCoskid is a splendid one to beholdCoskid is a splendid one to behold
Hey Jeff welcome to FTE and those are nice wheels for your first truck!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Posting Guru

DSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to behold
Howdy Jeff. Welcome to the party.

Nice looking ride you have there. That is one of my favorite bodystyles. Feel free to drop in and say hello whenever you can.
2013 Forest River Wildcat 312BHX-OK
Old 05-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Postmaster

Dave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to behold
Jeff, I swear I typed something about this truck, no idea where it is. Guess it was either a site outage when I hit reply or in another thread.

But what a looker. If I'd had that at 16 instead of a BMW I'd probably be wealthier and have no stumps in my yard

Do you have a build thread in the 80-86 Forum? I'd love to see some more pics inside and out, see what options she's got. Start hanging out in the BS thread. We can always use more nonsense to chat about.

Old Traveler-86 F250HD, RC-LWB. 2WD. 300/NP435/4.10 Sterling. 96k mi-

1987 Colony Park. 131k. 302, AOD with werewolf sounds, 3.08 rear.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Virginia Chapter LDR

archtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputation
Howdy Jeff, welcome to VA!

Gotta love those IDI diesels! Man I miss the days of simple and mechanical motors!
-Tim - Official Slackmaster #27
Excursion 2008 conversion Build threadl
Click here to Join The VA Chapter!
Old 05-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
Welcome Jeff, feel free to join us in the chat thread. Do like the 86's
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 05-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Virginia Chapter LDR

archtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputation
Yup, here is a link, please stop in and say hello!

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...l#post11785937
-Tim - Official Slackmaster #27
Excursion 2008 conversion Build threadl
Click here to Join The VA Chapter!
Old 05-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Senior User

Thanks guys. Will do. I do have a build thread, but it got buried somewhere. Probably on page 5.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Postmaster

Dave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to behold
Here it is. Coming along nicely. Put one up in the body style forum, might get more responses there. Looks like there was power running behind the front seats? Can't tell if that's a stereo plug, or you're already wired for power seats. Seat looks as bad as mine, just needs to be that grey school bus color haha.

Pall Mall reds. Somehow that fits with the truck lol.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...d-project.html

Old 05-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Senior User

That is the seat belt harness plug. Yeah. LOL. I could swear that truck was a couple pounds lighter than when I got it cleaned out!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Postmaster

Yea that was pretty trashed. I had a bunch of cigarette carton pieces, some pens, and golf tees. More dirt and dust than clutter. Did find some lotto tickets from when I was in pre school...

Old 05-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Senior User

LOL. I ended up with a couple dollars more worth of coins from that truck. Ya know what they say in car dealers, "Get instant cash back on all old models". Also two more sockets, a precision screw driver, and a trailer light lens.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:54 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter