Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Hey guys I have decided to bite the bullet and get a reman long block.

351 W HO for the 85 Bronco. I have had good luck with Jasper back in the day
but have no idea where to get one in the Seattle area anymore.
So that is the question for now. What does Napa use now?

What outlet in the Seattle area has a reman long block, preferably a Jasper?
Does Jasper have a site? Guess I can Google that myself when I have a
bit more time.

The sites I have checked so for want around $1500.00 for the HO. I can live with that. Shipping up to me on the barge will prolly be $200.00 or so.

Any help at all is appreciated.

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 11-10-2013, 01:47 PM
The Brown Mod

Encho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant future
And what if you send them your core? it should make the price go lower some more.
My Write-ups: Ford Steering Box Rebuild / Ford Front End Rebuild and auto hubs replacement / Ford Rear Drum Brakes / Ford E4OD Cooler & Shift Kit mods, drain-refill procedures R.I.P. Steve, you will be deeply missed my friend
Old 11-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
On that site I think the price was with sending them my LB. That's not a problem.
I wonder if I am to pay return shipping? I can't spend much if any over 2K getting
it here.
My helper and I can do the swap and save the labor cost. He want's my 22 foot boat
and trailer. Has been helping for a while on other stuff so this would close that deal out.

I have got to take my boy hunting. I will check back in this evening.

Thanks
Rich

A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 11-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Posting Guru

gatorfor88 has much to be proud ofgatorfor88 has much to be proud ofgatorfor88 has much to be proud ofgatorfor88 has much to be proud ofgatorfor88 has much to be proud ofgatorfor88 has much to be proud ofgatorfor88 has much to be proud ofgatorfor88 has much to be proud ofgatorfor88 has much to be proud of
Here ya go Rich. Hope this helps you.
Allen
Jasper Engines & Transmissions in Seattle WA, 98148, phone# (800) 827-7455 | Fave Central Community

78 Bronco Ranger XLT, 358, Edelbrock performer 400 and Holley 600 carb, Erson cam. Ugly, but DAMN FORD TOUGH Speak softly and carry a large caliber. Bring them home NOW! Get out and vote or kwitchyerbitchin.
Allen
Old 11-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Old School

Thanks Allen that is great. I have some help in a tread I started in the 351W
forum also. When we figure out just what it is I need and want I will give them a call.
I used many Jaspers back in the day. Only had trouble with one 300 I6 that had to thick a casting in the #1 cylinder. The water pump impeller ground on it. Was a hell
of a noise and caused it to eat the pump and over heat. Jasper sent me another
no questions asked and asked me to keep the bad one as they didn't want to
pay shipping. I found that Ford had a shim for the pump as this was a problem
on some early blocks. That free I6 may still be running today.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:36 PM
Senior User

fordtrck302 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just spent the past hour or so reading through this very extensive thread and many posts will help with some problems on my 84 Bronco. How are things going with your starter problems? Hows the the 351w coming along? I only read one time about your fuel mileage increase after putting on the manual locking hubs, are you still seeing the increased MPG's and would you contribute your increase directly to the manual hubs? Again it's been a great read.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:52 PM
Old School

Yes the manual Warren Premium Hubs gave me about 1.5 MPG increase for sure.
As for the starter I simply put a pry bar (long screwdriver) on the back end frame
and twisted the starter out on the bottom and in on top, than tighten it down. It
has worked as it should with no problems now for a couple of months.
Apparently the indexing plate or spacer between the block and tranny was worn
enough to let the starter lay to far out on the ring gear. When I change to a
manual trans I will replace the plate. But for now it's been working just great. Before if I had to crank on it because I had ran out of fuel or tried to start it hot
and had it kick back it would instantly eat the starter drive. Now it works like factory.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:52 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco

Tags
15, 1996, 3, 8, 85, body, bronco, choke, gage, lift, plans, powered, riser, stuck, track, vbulletin