....So my wife is taking my oldest to school this morning in our 08 EB and a Deer decides to change ITS direction of travel and takes out the left front fender,left side mirror, and wheel opening trim....
My questions here are,..What has to be done to remove the left front inner door panel so that I can get to the mirror mounting bolts and is there aanything to be cautious of so that it doesn't break when pulling it apart???...
Insurance has already cut a check for nearly $2500.00 to repair it,but I need to get a mirror on it so that we can drive it safely until I can get it in the shop....
Last edited by ecyrbh; 02-28-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Reason: year left out
1. Remove the door handle screw cover.
2. Remove the door handle screw.
3. Remove the door handle trim bezel.
4. Remove the front door trim panel finish cover.
5. Remove the 2 door trim panel armrest screws.
6. Remove the door trim panel screw.
7. Remove the 2 lower door trim panel screws.
8. Disengage the sail panel clip. CAUTION: To avoid damage to the
door trim panel, lift the door trim panel by
pulling directly upward on the armrest to
disengage the panel clips.
9. Remove the front door trim panel.
10. Disconnect the electrical connectors.
11. Pull away the weather shield around the sail panel
12. Remove the 3 nuts, have someone hold the mirror from outside just in case.
13. Disconnect the electrical connectors and pull everything through opening.
Installation is reverse
PM me your email address if you need the diagrams of the parts referenced.
There is a push clip in the top corner of the sail panel. Careful here. Use your hands to pull the triangle portion of the door panel away from the metal door frame. If the clip won't come out slip a no-marring tool and pry the panel off. Then lift it up and over the black door lock ****. Then disconnect speaker wires and door lock/window switches.