Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-01-2012, 06:25 PM
toyman-1 toyman-1 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6
toyman-1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Headlights

Is there a good "projector" HID kit for the 2008 Expy or are there better bulbs for the OEM reflector lenses? Also, is the factory wiring for the headlights through a separate relay or does the power flow through the headlight switch.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 AM
TFWcustoms TFWcustoms is offline
Freshman User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 33
TFWcustoms is starting off with a positive reputation.
These appear to be the only alternative:
Black Projector with Amber Reflectors Headlights C-RF-A | eBay
I would purchase a quality HID kit afterwords and mate them together
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-03-2012, 12:05 PM
rayofsi rayofsi is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 68
rayofsi is starting off with a positive reputation.
bought one of these kits
Bi-xenon FX-R Stage III Kit - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc to retrofit into my oem headlights

The ebay ones are garbage, and the above ebay link appears to link to the most expensive seller on ebay. this is the cheapest listing i believe 07 08 09 10 11 FORD EXPEDITION EL XLT LED CCFL PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS BLACK 1 PAIR | eBay at $224.00 vs the $349.45 that was posted above. They are all made by eagle, and upon discussing this with a friend of mine who is the in business, eagle is one of the worst in terms of quality.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-04-2012, 01:10 AM
toyman-1 toyman-1 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6
toyman-1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayofsi View Post
bought one of these kits
Bi-xenon FX-R Stage III Kit - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc to retrofit into my oem headlights

The ebay ones are garbage, and the above ebay link appears to link to the most expensive seller on ebay. this is the cheapest listing i believe 07 08 09 10 11 FORD EXPEDITION EL XLT LED CCFL PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS BLACK 1 PAIR | eBay at $224.00 vs the $349.45 that was posted above. They are all made by eagle, and upon discussing this with a friend of mine who is the in business, eagle is one of the worst in terms of quality.
Thanks for the input. The first seller doesn't ship to Canada and the second vendor charges $80 for mailing. I'll accept your word on the quality. If I do this change I'll do it right the first time. Have you installed the Bi-xenon kit yet? It appears that you have to open the headlight housing to install the projector shrouds. Is that correct?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-04-2012, 01:22 AM
rayofsi rayofsi is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 68
rayofsi is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyman-1 View Post
Thanks for the input. The first seller doesn't ship to Canada and the second vendor charges $80 for mailing. I'll accept your word on the quality. If I do this change I'll do it right the first time. Have you installed the Bi-xenon kit yet? It appears that you have to open the headlight housing to install the projector shrouds. Is that correct?
just ordered mine, haven't done any work yet, but i know to do it right the first time rather then pop some hids into some bad quality projector.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-23-2012, 12:45 AM
toyman-1 toyman-1 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6
toyman-1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayofsi View Post
just ordered mine, haven't done any work yet, but i know to do it right the first time rather then pop some hids into some bad quality projector.
Wondering if you have done the install and how it went.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:45 AM
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
55 headlights jrockdiddy 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 2 12-11-2012 04:35 PM
91 F-150 Headlights AlChalmers10 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 2 01-04-2010 09:35 AM
Headlight replacement BillyBob69 Super Duty & Heavy Duty 4 02-16-2008 08:42 PM
Headlight failure fastmover 1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 5 09-18-2007 06:35 AM
95 Aerostar tail lights quit fred white Aerostar 2 11-12-2003 03:51 AM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator

Tags
headlights

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


Participate In The Forums

Create new posts and participate in discussions. It's free!

Sign Up »





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup