Sponsored by:

Had to abandon my SAS for now

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 12:24 AM
keyul
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had to abandon my SAS for now

So, due to some money issues, had to abandon my SAS for now, and sell the dana 44, just thought I should let you all know how the sale went!

All I have to say is wow, people from staten island are retarded. My first indication of how dumb these guys are that came to pick up the axle, was the fact they came with a chevy, and not a chevy truck, an equinox. Keep in mind my ad was for a complete dana 44, hub to hub, radius arms, trac bar, dual steering stabilizer, shocks, sway bar, fully assembled, pictures of it up in the ad.

Second indication:
I told him to bring some guys, because it is heavy, when he's getting back into his multipurpose light duty hauler to drive to where the axle is in the yard, he proceeds to tell me that he can load a 9" by himself, his father (the only help he brought) chimes in with "I have a bad back" with his fancy, pristine corvette jacket on.

Third indication:
I tell the guy to pull into the yard, then back up so his hatch is lined up with the axle, he proceeds to pull into the yard, back his car, parallel with the house, leaving the hatch at a 90 degree angle to the axle, like a T shape!

Fourth indication:
We get the first part of the axle into the car, its obvious the axle wont clear the hatch opening without taking off a shock. I go grab my hammer, and a wrench to get the bolt for the shock off, give it a few whacks before the father chimes in and proceeds to tell me that I am wasting my time, he needs a hacksaw so they can cut through the radius arms and make it fit!!!!!!!!!!

Fifth indication:
I demand the money before they cut, and then happily get the dream team a hack saw so they can discover the joy of learning just how silly their idea is. The kid grabs the hack saw, makes about 4 passes with it, and the father chimes in "It's a dull blade, we'll be here all night!!!"

I grabbed my hammer, and wrench, got back to work on the bolt, had it off in under a minute. Slid the axle in until the next radius arm. This ones shock bolt is not budging. Went back into the garage, got a pickle fork so they could take off the trac bar.

Sixth indication:
Walking back into the yard, I hear from around the corner :Who does this guy think hes dealing with here, amateurs!?" I could only smile, think to my self, "****ing idiots, should be glad I am even helping them at all" and try to hold back from laughing.

Seventh indication:
We push the axle in more, its a few inches from the end of the hatch. The kid, inside the car, pulling, is now stuck between the axle, and the front seats it takes him about two minutes to free himself. I am dieing on the inside at this point, holy **** LOL.

Push the axle all the way in, the guys rear plastic is cracked, his rubber hatch gasket is ripped off partly, and the radius arm definitely scratched the paint on the outside of the car. Father was upset that his multi purpose hauler was damaged haha.

In conclusion:
Don't sell car parts to the "pros" from staten island. What an adventure, ten minutes of chaos was for sure worth 250 bucks though

Old 12-20-2011, 06:55 AM
tanz45
Freshman User
Ohhh, those tards are everywhere. When i picked up my 44, the seller indicated two guys had just left with the other axles. Slapped em on the roof of an exploder. Luckily the seller had a hoisted a-frame.

2 axles weight around 150lbs right?

Old 12-20-2011, 10:03 AM
alpha/omega
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reminds me of this time I loaded a bronco on a trailer for a guy from Maryland with a guy from Virginia and a guy from Wisconsin helping.

Monkey sh-crap-it fights at the zoo were more organized.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:54 AM
captain p4
Post Fiend
You weren't there for the 2wd no brakes in the downpouring rain/mud loading fiasco. Still owe Nick some grass seed...

Old 12-20-2011, 01:05 PM
fatdan460
Post Fiend
the only story i have involving bad loading of a truck or parts was the ranger i scrapped earlier this year :shaking: good thing we strapped it down good, because a certain someone, not mentioning any names(my buddy mike), forgot to put the trans back in park after we loaded it onto the trailer. we get back to my house and he drops me off as he was going to park it for the night and take it in the next day, he goes to take off and i see the ranger roll back about two feet then roll forward as he took off lucky that bastid didn't flop off on the high way on the ride home.

p.s. regardless of what anyone tells you, a 460 will, in fact, fit in the trunk of a 4 door chevy cavalier

Old 12-20-2011, 02:29 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Originally Posted by fatdan460
the only story i have involving bad loading of a truck or parts was the ranger i scrapped earlier this year :shaking: good thing we strapped it down good, because a certain someone, not mentioning any names(my buddy mike), forgot to put the trans back in park after we loaded it onto the trailer. we get back to my house and he drops me off as he was going to park it for the night and take it in the next day, he goes to take off and i see the ranger roll back about two feet then roll forward as he took off lucky that bastid didn't flop off on the high way on the ride home.

p.s. regardless of what anyone tells you, a 460 will, in fact, fit in the trunk of a 4 door chevy cavalier
Ahaha, oh man, I woulda loved to have seen that, she musta been squatting real low!

Old 12-20-2011, 03:23 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by fatdan460

Oh, or the time we parked up on a hill at a mud bog and unstrapped the Bronco.. that was apparently still in neutral..

Drunken 160lb me running after my Bronco as it rolls towards the mud pit and hanging onto the bumper as it drags my *** was probably quite a sight