Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Postmaster

ruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud of
Joel Rusche Joel Rusche Joel Rusche
Windshield cracked

My windshield is cracked, about a 16" crack, so I need a new one.

Any input from y'all? Company or brand to avoid? Who's the best? What to watch for?

I just want the experience to go smoothly and everything to be right. I live in a state where insurance is mandated to cover windshield glass 100% so I have no issue with bang for the buck.

Thanks. Hope everyone is having a good Dec. and holiday season!
2 Kicker 10" subs, Rockford Fosgate amp
Ride-Rite air bags, VIAIR #10007 onboard air, AFE DPF back exhaust, power slot rotors/EBC pads, Nitto Trail Grapplers M/T 295/55 R20! Transfer-Flow 50 gal tank
Old 12-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Postmaster

Hdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputation
I have personally stuck with Carlite.
Windows tinted. Spray in bedliner. Bakflip hd. cover.Edge Insite CTS.Steelcraft bullbar.red/Crome Superduty letters. Ami billet locking fuel door.B/W turnover goosneck, Companion 5th wheel.And craploads of led lighting.
2011 F350 6.7 CC SRW LB.Oxford White. Ford Buy back.
2009 F350 6.4 CC SRW LB Oxford white. Trade in.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
I just replaced the windshield in my wife's Mazda with a Pilkington windshield. I'm particular about them and sent the Safelite glass guy away when he arrived with no-name glass with waves in it. It didn't cost any more than the no-name, I just had to ask for it. There are few things that bug me as much as looking through a wavy windshield going down the road.
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 12-12-2011, 05:19 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
safelite...and they come to you.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 12-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Posting Guru

RM2738 has a very good reputation on FTE.RM2738 has a very good reputation on FTE.RM2738 has a very good reputation on FTE.
If you were in Texas, I'd refer to you Milstead Glass. The BEST! As far as a nationwide company, I've used Safelite once and was pleased.
2010 F250 FX4 King Ranch 6.4L, SWB, 3.55 H&S Mini Maxx, S&B CAI, 4" Powerstroker67 downpipe, 4" aFe Exhaust, 2.5" Leveling Kit, Bilstein 5100's, Rancho Steering Stabikizer, DieselSite Coolant Filter, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
Old 12-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Posting Guru

Painted Horse has a great reputation on FTE.Painted Horse has a great reputation on FTE.Painted Horse has a great reputation on FTE.Painted Horse has a great reputation on FTE.
I caught a rock 10 days after I bought my truck. Since fall/winter was coming, I lived with it all winter and this spring got mine replaced.. I'm pretty sure it was the Pilkington brand. My window guy knows I want the actual Ford replacement windshield and not some chinese glass. I want the SUPERDUTY across the sunshade portion of the windshield just like the factory glass.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Junior User

fatboydiesel is starting off with a positive reputation.
I picked my truck up 12-30-10. Took it to get windows tinted on 12-31-10. Told them I wanted a strip of tint on top of windshield. Guy didn't have tool to take mirror off. I told him no problem don't worry about it. Another
guy in the shop said " I can get it" with a screw driver. I
watched and saw where this was going. Told him your gonna break my windshield... Sure enough he got the mirror off, with a chunk of my glass.. Told him make sure it gets replaced with OEM and it better say SUPERDUTY up top...
Old 12-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Senior User

CascadeF250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruschejj View Post
My windshield is cracked, about a 16" crack, so I need a new one.

Any input from y'all? Company or brand to avoid? Who's the best? What to watch for?

I just want the experience to go smoothly and everything to be right. I live in a state where insurance is mandated to cover windshield glass 100% so I have no issue with bang for the buck.

Thanks. Hope everyone is having a good Dec. and holiday season!
Sorry for your cracked window. I just had to replace mine about 2 months ago. The insurance company recommended Safelite so I used them. They came to my home and replaced my window with a Ford OEM window. Service was good and window is good. My truck was less than a year old and this was the first window I have ever replaced by a insurance claim. I hope your experience with window replacement goes as well as mine did.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:38 AM
Postmaster

ruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud of
Thanks to all of you. I plan on going to the dealer this morning to check on their procedure, sticking with CarLite seems to be a good idea, then it will be SafeLite if the dealer process is too slow.

I will be sure to demand OEM glass. Last time I had to replace a windshield it was on a 2000 Silverado 2500HD that I had. I had no problems with Safelite doing that truck but I also did not really care that much about the truck. This one's different.
Ride-Rite air bags, VIAIR #10007 onboard air, AFE DPF back exhaust, power slot rotors/EBC pads, Nitto Trail Grapplers M/T 295/55 R20! Transfer-Flow 50 gal tank
Old 12-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Senior User

doczenith1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
When my 2002 needed a new windshield I insisted they use the OEM carlite. Also, I've heard others say that you don't want them to come to you to replace the windshield because they only send one person and the windshield is too big for a one-man job. You're better off taking the truck to their shop which is what I did and I was very pleased with the job that the local shop did. The irony of it is that I too just caught a stone in my 2011 and really am not looking forward to having to replace the one year old glass. My fingers are crossed that the chip won't run. That said, does having the chip filled really reduce the chances of a crack developing?

2011 F350 Lariat, SC, SWB, 6.7L, 4x4, 3.55ELD, FX4, Lariat Int Pkg, 20's - 12/2010
Link: Rapid-Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Test Data and Graphs
Link: Fuel Mileage Spreadsheet With spreadsheet open click File then Download if you would like a copy of the spreadsheet.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:51 PM
Posting Guru

Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.
It depends on the glass company. Our guys that we use at my dealer send a two man crew without exception, but they are a local company and some insurance companys won't accept them because they charge too much-but never had to have them comeback for rework. Make sure they use OEM glass.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:11 AM
Posting Guru

dschuffert is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dschuffert is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I had to replace the windshield on my previous F250. I used Safelite and was very pleased with the product and service.
Autoenginuity Proline with Enhanced Ford Expansion.

2011 Explorer Limited - Wife's Vehicle
2005 F250 6.0 PSD 4X4 3.73 CC SB Lariat - Sold
Old 12-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Postmaster

Conclusion to the situation: I went with safelite, they did a great job, replaced my original windshield with an identical Carlite with the ford logo and super duty logo on top with the identical tinting along the top. Truck is just like new and the windshield is really nice. It's amazing how hazy windshields get over time from road dust and whatever degrades them. The new one is so clean it makes me feel as though I could put my hand through it, like it's not even there.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:22 PM

2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruschejj View Post
The new one is so clean it makes me feel as though I could put my hand through it, like it's not even there.
You confirmed it's actually there though right? (RE: scene in Gung Ho where Michael Keaton is pretending to scratch something off the windshield of a car that doesn't have one..)

Matt
2011 F350 - 6.2 CC, LB, 4.30s, Lariat Ultimate pkg, FX4, Amp steps, Lockpick, AC LC6i, JL HD900/5, JL 13TW5, JL C5-570's, Bilstein 7100 stabilizer, Rancho RS9000XL's, Leveled w/ 35" Toyo M/T's and 5 Star tuned
**Sold - 2000 F250 V10, 6.5" Pro Comp, 37" Toyo MT's
Old 12-15-2011, 05:42 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet View Post
You confirmed it's actually there though right? (RE: scene in Gung Ho where Michael Keaton is pretending to scratch something off the windshield of a car that doesn't have one..)
Very funny. I will check this morning! I had the guy leave the wiper arms off so that I could get new wiper blades, so it could be a problem if there is no glass.....
Old 12-15-2011, 05:42 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2011, 250, 2996, blades, cracks, explorer, ford, installing, mazda, mirror, oem, pilkington, problem, tint, truck, windshield, windshields, wiper