Sponsored by: Moser

Possible to rollback Sync update?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 09:29 PM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Possible to rollback Sync update?

I updated the Sync in my truck recently as Sync My Ride suggested I needed to.

The update went fine but now the radio unit doesn't default to the last way it was used. Before the update, whatever the radio was left on, be it Sirius, CD or Sync Line In and USB....it always went back to that setting.

Now it will sometimes default either to the AM or FM band. Plus it takes a couple pushes on the steering wheel button to get the lady in the dash to ask for a command.
It never exhibited these traits before the update.

I went into settings and restored the factory defaults but it didn't help so I figure that using the restore option doesn't undo the update.

Has anyone updated their Sync and had problems afterwards? Is there a way to go back....like System Restore on Windows? It's annoying at best...not bad enough for me to hate the Sync system.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:40 PM
loydmeeks
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I haven't had that problem but I found my Sony MP3 isn't compatible. I hate to have to buy a new player when the one I have works everywhere else.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Chris Anchor
Elder User
My truck was just in the shop and when I got it back the Sirius does not display the song/artist as it did before. I thought it was something I did but maybe not? Since they had to disconnect the battery for extended period of time they may have reflashed me with any updates. Chris

Old 12-13-2011, 03:31 PM
bryan8252
New User
TSB # is 11-10-22 was released recently and is supposed to fix the problems you are describing. It has something to do with flashing the ACM, whatever that is. I have the same problems and am going in next week for a hopeful fix, although when I mentioned the TSB to the dealership over the phone, they acted dumb.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:18 AM
Al Rothel
New User
How to roll back this sync

I absolutely hate this new version of Sync. There are so many features that it locks you out if while the vehicle is in motion. My wife is for the most part always driving with me and now can’t even put in an address for direction
Does anyone know how to reverse this update and go back to the original one which was working fine

I updated the Sync in my truck recently as Sync My Ride suggested I needed

The update went fine but now the radio unit doesn't default to the last way it was used. Before the update, whatever the radio was left on, be it Sirius, CD or Sync Line In and USB....it always went back to that setting.

Now it will sometimes default either to the AM or FM band. Plus it takes a couple pushes on the steering wheel button to get the lady in the dash to ask for a command.

I went into settings and restored the factory defaults but it didn't help so I figure that using the restore option doesn't undo the update.

Has anyone updated their Sync and had problems afterwards? Is there a way to go back....like System Restore on Windows? It's annoying at best...not bad enough for me to hate the Sync system.[/QUOTE]

Old 03-12-2021, 07:27 PM
rbentnail
More Turbo
Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Al Rothel
I absolutely hate this new version of Sync. There are so many features that it locks you out if while the vehicle is in motion. My wife is for the most part always driving with me and now can’t even put in an address for direction
Does anyone know how to reverse this update and go back to the original one which was working fine
Without know specifics of what you got, it's hard to say. For my model year and sound system there are some parameters that can be changed with Forscan to allow nav input while driving, etc. Unfortunately Ford disconnected from Synch forums years ago but maybe you can find some helpful info here -> https://forscan.org/home.html

Old 07-18-2022, 09:42 AM
TremorGuy
4wd Low
Originally Posted by Al Rothel

I updated the Sync in my truck recently as Sync My Ride suggested I needed

Has anyone updated their Sync and had problems afterwards? Is there a way to go back....like System Restore on Windows? It's annoying at best...not bad enough for me to hate the Sync system.
[/QUOTE]

Did you ever figure out a way to roll back the update? I am having problems being locked out of searching my Ipod while driving now. Total joke