Notices

Peragon bed cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 12:49 PM
ssn randy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peragon bed cover

Anyone mounted one of these in there truck?
Looking for some details about the product?

Old 06-29-2004, 08:34 PM
dkshdwSTX
Freshman User
i bought one. looks nice, but leaks like a seive. i mostly got it to hide my portable treestands and golf clubs etc, would not leave anything you are afraid to get wet back there. also gets about a mile and a half a gallon better mileage with it on and closed.

Old 08-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Linus
New User
Peragon Bed Cover

I ordered a Peragon cover for my truck. After I installed it I discovered it takes about two feet out of the front of the truck to operate. Since I have a fifth wheel in the middle of the bed I can't put anything in front of that or it hangs up when I close the top. Also, I've gotten some e-mails from the company president that were not very nice. I for one am VERY sorry I bought the thing.

Old 08-04-2004, 08:32 PM
dkshdwSTX
Freshman User
yeah, that thing is a total POS. would not recommend, in fact, i would reccomend not to waste your money to anyone thinking about one of these.

Old 08-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
My name is Heath Copp, President of Peragon. I am not here to in any way promote our product, simply to say that if anyone would like both sides of the above posts, I can be contacted via email sales@peragon.com. User Linus above attempted to return a used bed cover to us with the demand of a full refund and when we declined, he threatened to smear our name in whatever manner he could, wherever he could. We took offense at being blackmailed, and here is the result. We can provide thousands of delighted customers who will refute his opinion. These forums are full of good people with a legitimate interest in sharing information. Unfortunately, one bitter person with a vendetta can hurt the good name of a good company.

Old 08-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Good idea on the email removal for spam protection. Anyone needing to contact me can click on my user name to send a message.

Old 08-05-2004, 07:04 PM
dkshdwSTX
Freshman User
peragon, i emailed you at your business right after i bought my cover from you and threatened to call my state BBB after you did not return my phone calls about installation problems i was having. after your company finally contacted me to help me, i got it installed to the point where it retracts smoothly, but it absolutely leaks like crazy. also, the 2 sided tape on the rails, softened in the heat and all but came off. i removed the cover and the rails and used contact adhesive to reapply the weatherseals to the rail. you advertise that your cover is not watertite, just as so many other covers are not, but i have a factory bedliner in my truck and after it rains it is like a swimming pool back there. if you are gonna brag on this website about the 1000s of satisfied customers you have, then you ought to be able to endure truthful critism of your product from some disatisfied customers as well. i never got a reply from you on my email when i complained to you about your product.

Old 08-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Hello - If we failed to reply promptly and address your concerns, please accept my apology.

We strive to return all calls for installation help quickly, what happens on occasion is the customer leaves an incomplete or hard to understand phone number that prevents us from reaching them back. Many messages are left from cell phones where the customer doesn't realize their call is breaking up and we can barely make out what they are saying. Or we try back and can never reach the person. The point that matters is you did get the cover operating smoothly with our assistance.

As for the leaking, if it is leaking more than it should there may be a reason. One thing to consider is that with your liner, any water that gets into the bed is trapped - whether it comes through our cover, the stake pockets or around the tailgate. Any other cover would likely have the same result. Even a small amount of leakage can add up over time. Set a bucket under a leaky faucet and the drip adds up to a surprising amount. The ribs in your liner should keep the water from being an issue for cargo, a suggestion would be to drill a 3/8" hole in the lowest point of the liner on each side in the front corners of the bed. The water that does find its way in can drain as opposed to building up over time. I won't name names, but other retractable bed covers with a canister design can actually leak much worse than our design. What they do in an attempt to control it is gutter the water into their canister and drain the water off through tubes. The problem is those tubes clog quickly with dirt and debris and then you really do have a swimming pool. We manufacture our covers in the frozen northland and if water is trapped in a gutter/canister/drain design, the cover is useless a third of the year. We chose to avoid that design and the result is an improvement over other competing designs.

I wasn't bragging, simply pointing out a fact. I would suggest your "POS" comment and referring to our product as a waste of money, kind of crosses the line of simply truthful criticism, but be that as it may. The point I was trying to make is that for every customer who just isn't happy with our product there are countless more who love it. I guess that is the nature of being a manufacturer. We're not out to pass off garbage to people, sometimes you just can't make everyone happy no matter how hard you try - and believe me, we do try.

If there are any parts or other support you need on your cover, please let us know. Our tech line is 218.281.8057 and our install tech, Matt, can help you. If you leave a message be sure to leave a clear phone number. :-) Or drop us an email through our web site.

Old 08-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Go Aweigh2452
Senior User
Peragon, I for one am very happy with your product. I installed it in about 3 hours (I wanted to ensure it was done right). I could easily install it in half the time now. It does leak (not much) but that was noted on your website so I feel the above guys did not read your website info... I don't see how it could take up "2 feet" of forward box space either. Mine takes up about 8" when fully open. I like the idea that it is lockable and because my truck comes with a locking tailgate, it makes my stuff secure. Since I live in the country, I have to truck my trash to the local transfer station and it is easy to fold the top out of the way so I can place my trash cans in it for transfer. I looked at many bed covers and I am very happy with Peragon because it fits my lifestyle on how I normally use my truck. Pictures can be seen of the final install on my photo area of this forum.

Old 08-08-2004, 05:05 PM
dkshdwSTX
Freshman User
peragon, i don't own a cell phone and goaway, if you read my post, you would see that i did say that their website noted that the top could leak. i just didn't expect it to leak as much as it does, nor did i expect the weatherstripping to come off the rails in the heat. if i open the tailgate and look in, i can see it leaking where the lid sections meet and also where they meet the weatherstrip on the channels that the lid slides on.neither one of you are going to agree with me and that's okay, i know what i got and i wouldn't get it again.

Old 08-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
I appreciate the dialog from both perspectives and feel what I hoped to accomplish has been, namely a balanced look at our product. Every tonneau cover has pros and cons and each customer has to weigh those based on their intended use. Our growth indicates many find the Peragon truck bed cover to be a perfect fit.

Old 08-08-2004, 08:37 PM
boomer08
Senior User
Thanks for the topic. I would like to buy a cover and it looks like it would be a good fit for what I want and the price is better than I have seen with similar covers.

Old 08-11-2004, 03:24 PM
Linus
New User
Peragon Bed cover

If you're one of the people who are unhappy with the Peragon cover, and want to tell someone other than your wife, you might want to write to the Attorney General in North Dakota (http://www.ag.state.nd.us/CPAT/CPAT.htm) they would be happy to hear what you have to say.

You can also write to the online BBB at (http://www.bbbmnd.org/commonreport.html?compid=96000195)

Go Aweigh is correct that it takes up about 8 inches when it's folded. The problem is it needs the first two feet of bed space clear in order to open or close. That means you can't put your stuff up front or the top hits it.

Old 08-11-2004, 04:24 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
If you're one of the thousands of people who are happy with the Peragon cover, and want to tell someone other than your wife, please visit the Peragon web site (http://www.peragon.com) and drop us a line. We enjoy hearing from the many customers who love our product. We get those emails every day. In fact, here is a great email we received from a customer just this last Saturday, August 7th:

Just thought I'd drop a quick note to let you know my Peragon cover arrived safely. After laying out the parts and reading the installation instructions I had a question about the install. I left a message on your tech support line after hours. The next day the president of the company calls me and gets me on the right track with the install! I guess that's what you call taking customer service right to the top! I've got it installed on my new Colorado and couldn't be happier - it looks great and operates just as advertised. And I'm a walking advertisement for Peragon. Thanks for a super product!

Jim

User Linus (Mike) has a grudge against Peragon because he wanted to return a used cover for a full refund plus shipping and when we declined, he threatened to smear Peragon to whomever he could unless we reversed our position. We naturally weren't too happy about the blackmail attempt, but all we can do is follow behind and set the record straight. Mike has been busy, sending false accusations to every agency he can think of. We simply reply with the truth in each case and move on. I imagine it would have been easier to have given him a refund, but the tough thing about blackmail is the blackmailer normally moves ahead with the threatened action even if the victim "pays up".

We've been in business over five years now and every day a FedEx truck backs up to our plant to ship product all over the nation. You don't get that far selling a product that doesn't live up to customer's expectations.

If anyone would like the full story of Mike's situation and to discuss our product and service in more detail, please call us toll-free at 877-4-Peragon and leave a message for me. I will personally return your call.

Heath
Peragon President

Old 08-20-2004, 04:27 PM
Linus
New User
Peragon Bed cover

I wrote to the BBB of North Dakota and Minnesota and here is what they wrote back
"The Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and North Dakota has been unable to obtain a response for you concerning your complaint you had filed with us. We sent the company (Peragon Ent.) your complaint, follow up letters and attempted to contact the company by telephone with no response.
The Bureau's record will reflect the lack of response by the company as the Bureau reports unanswered complaints."
So that BBB logo they have on their web site means nothing?

Quick Reply: Peragon bed cover