1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

I wish I would have known???????

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 09:49 AM
paubreadly
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Allright I need some advice!!! I found out abou the the door cracks way too late...I already bought the truck..Well Well Well over the warranty at 147000 miles.....What do I do next,,get it fixed on my own which I figure is my only option or was there a recall on this and mine may still apply???? Help me out fella's...This is all new to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-08-2003, 07:58 PM
Racerguy
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Seeing that no one here has replied with an answer maybe try posting this question in the Bodywork forum which is further down the main forum page.

Old 04-08-2003, 08:51 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

At this late stage, you are most likely on your own. I tried calling into Ford when mine was just over on warrenty and they said they would log the call and that was about it. My local dealership didn't have a bodyshop and they played dumb. Wouldn't even look at it. Since you've gone this far with it, why fix it if it's not causing a problem.? You do have a far number of miles on it and I doubt anybody is going to make your doors like new when the rest of the truck is way past new.

Old 04-09-2003, 03:43 PM
paubreadly
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know I thought of that.....Its really not a big deal as long as it does not split clear across the door...I can touch it up my self so I believe at this point I ain't gonna worry about it..My brother n law has a 97 f150 and I had to point his out to him,,he did not even notice they were there and he has owned the truck since new off the lot in 97... So no problem over here..I have not lost any sleep yet!!

Old 04-10-2003, 09:31 PM
aldridgec
Logistics Pro
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

I'm sure this has been covered before, but there are several TSB's out on the door cracks and its a well documented problem. NO DEALER SHOULD PLAY DUMB. Additionally, you can argue that it should be covered under the corrosion warranty which is 5 years unlimited miles as it is perforation of the sheetmetal, and as far as you can tell is because of rust through.

Start with the corrosion coverage, then go to the fact that many people here have had theirs fixed under warranty, then the TSB's.

I have to fight 'City Hall' now because when I bought my truck used the Ford Dealership finance director stated I could work on my own truck with their warranty because I was an ASE certified mechanic. After I received no info in the mail as was indicated to me, I called an questioned this. That finance person was no longer there (of course) but the new person said she had heard that too. After a week she called me and said it wasn't true but I should feel free to bring my truck in for service.

Chris