1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Is there any window regulator that will work?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 02:42 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 290 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
How nice of you to assume anyone who doesn't agree with your position is a "snob".

People come on here for advice. Some of the responses given are from people with 30+ years experience on these specific old trucks (not late-model trucks). If the OP doesn't like the answers they get, that doesn't make the advice invalid or "snobbish".
Ross is correct.Very few of us are 100% pure! We don't want to run anyone off (except Dan!), but also it's important to be frank and honest,including examples of pitfalls to avoid.I am not a snob,and the argument is not about stock vs. Darksiders.BigPig, don't make it into something its' not.

Ilya, good on you for helping NtShade out.That's the best part of FTE,it's members.There are,though,more than a few here that are "penny-wise, and pound-foolish" ,expending far more time,effort and money in misguided attempts at doing it the hard way.I aspire to one day being a "bigshot poster" but fear it will never happen.I do concur with the Dummy,though.Old vehicles are going to require a commitment of money,so if it's beyond your means,either be willing to be patient,or be frustrated.

NtShade,stick around,hope you get your regulator fixed.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:03 PM
NtShade
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will see about that. It's actually raining right now but I am sure it won't last, being Texas.
Daughter will be here this afternoon, so if the sun is out will do.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:55 PM
BigPigDaddy
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
How nice of you to assume anyone who doesn't agree with your position is a "snob".

People come on here for advice. Some of the responses given are from people with 30+ years experience on these specific old trucks (not late-model trucks). If the OP doesn't like the answers they get, that doesn't make the advice invalid or "snobbish".
The purpose of my post was to encourage the OP to keep seeking assistance because I know how rude some members of this particular section of FTE can be. I use the term snob to refer to someone who puts down those of lesser experience by telling them that they are wasting their time, are building a rat, or should sell their truck because they can't fix it "right". That is snobbish to me and has nothing to do with a difference of opinion. Maybe those people should hold their tongue if they can't help. I admitted that I don't know the answer to her problem and encouraged her to keep trying. 30+ years of experience with these trucks doesn't excuse bad manners.

Snobbish would also be someone assuming that because I have a 2000 model truck I am young and don't know anything about older trucks.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:03 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,843 Likes on 1,842 Posts
Glad to see you didn't get scared away from this forum. We really are a nice bunch, but occasionally, just like in the real world, one of us might be a bit cranky. Who knows, we all have those "woke up on the wrong side of the world" days now and again.

I feel for you in Texas. I was out in Austin last weekend. Dang!! is it ever dry!! wow, Texas could sure do with some moisture. We finally got some here in NM, we're still way behind what we should have gotten for the year but we did get some.

Bobby

Old 09-18-2011, 06:12 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 290 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by BigPigDaddy
Snobbish would also be someone assuming that because I have a 2000 model truck I am young and don't know anything about older trucks.
I wouldn't assume you are young.I'd assume you got lost and ended up in the wrong forum,making judgements concerning members whom you know little if anything about.

NumberDummy is one of the most helpful members in any or all forums,but if you have thin skin,you might want to man-up....Ross never fails to help anyone who asks him, and is a fixture here....BobJ has been here from the start,I believe,and is incredibly helpful,friendly and patient...I'm just Comic Relief.None of us are snobs,though I AM an Idiot.We all can handle opinions that differ from our own.

Ever had to tell a friend,or for that matter, anyone that they are throwing bad money after good? I've had to tell it, and I've been told it myself.I was usually grateful it was told to me, after I was done being hurt.Tough love sometimes hurts.

I've learned the hard way,as well as the easy way.The easy way is , well, easier.We welcome differing opinions in the 48-60 SnobsForum.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:13 PM
NtShade
Senior User
Picture is in the Gallary.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:16 PM
NtShade
Senior User
We got a little rain today, but not near enough. We are like 17 inches below normal and in EXTREME drought. I think it will take a hurricane drenching us to set it right.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:19 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,843 Likes on 1,842 Posts
Well, hopefully you will get some good slow drizzles...lots of them, to help ease things.

Wow, that rear bumper on your truck is made for working!! Holy cow!! that thing is huge. It looks like a great project

Bobby

Old 09-20-2011, 10:22 AM
NtShade
Senior User
Yep I love that huge old rusty thing. I will paint it black and the running boards black and when I get a front bumper it will be black. The truck I want to paint Cobalt Candy Blue and have a little pin stripping just give it a femine touch

Old 09-20-2011, 11:40 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts
Hi Ntshade - looks like a great project and your grandson has something to look forward to. Sorry I can't help you with a regulator - mine are all busy at the moment but contact Ilya re his offer.

Keep us informed as you go along. I did a frame off rebuild on my 48 12 years ago. I too, used some unconventional repair methods, but it allowed me to drive my truck as a daily driver since '01 while some guys are still waiting on OEM parts to arrive. About the same time I bought the truck I found this group of lovable idiots that are actually a lot of help somedays, and other days..... well we're always good for a laugh when you sit back and look at the bigger picture.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:15 PM
NtShade
Senior User
I appreciate all the help I have gotten here. I do intend to take the cab/bed off the frame and see what's what under there, I just need to get stuff set up to do that. Looks like East Texas has hit the rainy season, finally got cool temps and can't do much for the rain, but we need it terribly. But I will manage some way and I will take pics as I go along.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Looking forward to some more pics... but don't let your daughter hide in the back next time... LOL... Sounds like you have some great plans for it... just remember each thing you get done is another thing closer to driving her down the road with a grin from ear to ear...