6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Non-selling Dealer Service?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 04:12 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,420 Likes on 1,014 Posts
Originally Posted by MNDiesel2
Senix-

Could you post a link to that owner's website where you log the maintanance. I know i'll be changing my fuel filters myself. Is that logging sufficient enough if something were to happen? Im guessing the bill to change fuel filters on this motor has just as high of a mark up as a 6.0, local dealer wanted $160 to change 2 filters? And this one is easier to change the filters on!

Thanks,

Chris
Gotta Change my Siggy
Tom got it below....thanks! With the owners website you and the dealer put your stuff in there. To date it has served me well as proof enough. You just need to be detailed in your entries. Include the hours in the comments and explain in detail what you have done.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:18 PM
lexustbs
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by vloney
Warranty pay for 6.0 headgaskets........14.4 hours, oil cooler......5.3 hours
So Ford will only pay a flat rate? No matter if you run into problems or not? I'm not saying this happens, but what if a shop guy is replacing the motor and has 20.0 hours of Ford pay and something just won't unscrew or something does not work right will the dealer pay the tech for the extra time? Or is the tech SOL and just slaps that truck back together with no real care?

Old 09-03-2011, 08:45 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lexustbs
So Ford will only pay a flat rate? No matter if you run into problems or not? I'm not saying this happens, but what if a shop guy is replacing the motor and has 20.0 hours of Ford pay and something just won't unscrew or something does not work right will the dealer pay the tech for the extra time? Or is the tech SOL and just slaps that truck back together with no real care?
If you have a problem, its your problem. Its up to the dealer if they want to compensate the tech for problems. Any compensation isn't funded by Ford. Any "special" issues should be documented (ambulance, boom truck, etc.). Other than that, you're SOL. If it comes back, you do it for free!

Old 09-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Vince is correct, I've heard it from a number of sources. Flat-rate is flat-rate. It can work out though for efficient techs who can complete work faster than the job pays, as they get paid for what it "should" take.

Vince, what's the most flat-rate hours you've completed in a day?

Old 09-04-2011, 09:26 AM
vloney
Postmaster

Originally Posted by Crazy001
Vince is correct, I've heard it from a number of sources. Flat-rate is flat-rate. It can work out though for efficient techs who can complete work faster than the job pays, as they get paid for what it "should" take.

Vince, what's the most flat-rate hours you've completed in a day?
14-18 isn't out of the realm. Conversely, I've worked all day and flagged .5 hours as well. Both examples are not the norm.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:37 AM
lexustbs
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
What is the longest repair ford has to offer in their lineup? An engine replacement on a f350 or a axle swap on a Ford focus as an example......

Old 09-04-2011, 09:43 AM
vloney
Postmaster

What is the longest repair ford has to offer in their lineup? An engine replacement on a f350 or a axle swap on a Ford focus as an example......
Complete component replacement is easy (engine, trans, axle, etc.), repair of those components are the time consumers.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:49 AM
DK Farms
Junior User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My previous 6.0 and current 6.7 (and last 2 Expys) were NOT purchased at my closest dealer. They were bought 90 miles away at a substantial savings, but they were always given a chance to quote. However, the local dealer's service shop is top notch and they have treated me and my vehicles like I was their only customer. The service manager says his department is treated as a separate profit center so he takes all comers and treats them like kings. A neighbor of mine has a Dodge Cummins and the Ford mechanic is the only diesel mechanic he trusts so they work on his truck,too!