General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

France gets Pounded.........

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 04:20 PM
icelander
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

by fox news' Neil Cavuto. take a look at what he said and tell me that it isnt true.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,82386,00.html

"what the french lack in guts, they more than make up for in nerve."

ya gotta love some of the folks at fox news.

Last edited by icelander; 03-28-2003 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-28-2003, 05:58 PM
fordman102
Elder User

I think instead of nerve . its more like greed

Old 03-29-2003, 03:12 AM
oldfordtrucksrule
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as far as i'm concerned, france can go to hell.

Old 03-29-2003, 04:28 AM
1997RangerXLT
Posting Guru

Many expected this from France. Canada's non-support was not expected. They could send a dozen troops (voice it publically) and make me very happy still. Germany and others with secondary agendas can be understood. Russia didn't want the world to know what they have been doing there.

Canada isn't working any underhanded deals, haven't been trading illegal goods, not profiteering Iraq, I guess they just wanted to follow France.

As we tighten our belt, doing this w/o world wide support, all the other countries will suffer too. To the victors go the spoils.

Old 03-29-2003, 04:29 AM
CowboyBilly9Mile
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe the reason France didn't support war is because there are towns in France in which 75% of the people are Iraqis. Of course, mainstream media doesn't want us to know about this as it would not be "PC". I've also heard that 20% of the citizens in France are Iraqis; this seems high though and I have yet to be able to confirm. Anyone out there know the answer to this?

More and more, it looks like they are protecting their little Iraqis living in France. We saved France in two wars and THIS is how they thank us? I will NEVER forget this situation!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2003, 02:50 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I tend to agree with "OFTR"...

To paraphrase a founding statesman from Tennessee:

"I will go to Memphis, and France may go to hell!"

Old 03-29-2003, 07:02 PM
big_daddy_velvet
Elder User

It's OK, when the whip comes down, France will get theirs. Perhaps if we allow the French to go into Iraq after the war we could apply outrageous tariffs on their goods to help pay for it. That, or when we install a leader, we could offer his new government incentives for not trading with the French.
Or, we could go to war with the French...hmmm. Naw, too easy!
How about we stage huge protests outside the French Embassy? Naw, protests are futile...
At any rate, it just shows the whole world who you can trust to have your back. But you know, if a terrorist killed 3000 Frenchmen, the first country to offer support of every kind would be the United States, and as much as that sucks, it makes me proud that I am American. We help our "allies" when they ask us for it, with money, food, weapons, and BLOOD. We always have, and we probably always will. That's what separates us from them.
BDV

Old 03-29-2003, 07:31 PM
924x2150
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

France is our enemy now. Do not forget it. They are no longer a friend of the USA, as Britain is,but a teacherous enemy; a treacherous enemy more ruthless and underhanded than Communist Russia when Nikita Krushev was in charge. They are worse than the lowest drug dealer that would sell an overdose of drugs to a crackhead to make 20 dollars.They are lower than the scum that grows in your sewer line. I get sick and vomit every time I see that little weasel Jacqueoff Chirac on Television. I hope he burns in hades. What an evil two-faced coward he is! He protected a convicted murderer from Philadelphia while his hypocrite judges condemned the death penalty in the US. He has supported an evil tyrant that has killed thousands of people and has the nerve to criticize the US capital punishment laws. Tell your Federal representatives that we no longer wish to pay 100's of millions of dollars to the UN as long as insignificant countries like France can lie and pervert the truth and destroy lives that the UN was supposed to preserve. We must leave the UN now! There is no hope of a peaceful world, no country can ever be trusted again in our lifetimes to keep a bargain. Destroy the UN building and burn its charter. We can not allow our country to be extorted for money any longer.

Old 03-29-2003, 07:42 PM
Rockledge
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Why does the French Navy have glass bottom boats?

So they can see the French Air Force.