Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Postmaster

jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.
Need used door glass for 53 54 54 truck

Does anyone have an extra decent/fair set of door glass for 53-55 truck that they would sell me?
I have been watching that auction site and looking local but am afraid if I find something local Iíll end up buying the entire truck for the glass!

I want to start driving my grocery getter and as you can see itís not a show truck, I just know that they wont pass my safety inspection without the glass and until the truck goes in for resto I donít want to spend too much.
fficeffice" />>>
Thanks
>>
Josh
>>
Oh ya the truck

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Posting Guru

kenjh has a good reputation on FTE.kenjh has a good reputation on FTE.
I had mine replace at the window shop ..65 buck's installed..I had driven in to ask about price ,,he asked if it was flat glass..and told me to bring in the window and he could make a new on...so I pulled it out in his parking lot..2 hours later...he had other customers..and I had a great time telling people about my old truck...phone around..any glass shop should be able to help you..
Old 06-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Postmaster

jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.
That doesn't sound too bad, was that price for both or just one?

I also don't have an old one for a template though. hmmm.

If I could just find another 53 around here for $300 like this one I would be set...

Click the image to open in full size.

too bad I had sold it to my friend.

edit, oh looks like the glass was missing from it as well...
Old 06-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Posting Guru

yah that was just the passengers window..if you call around they might have a pattern to cut one ..
Old 06-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Senior User

Marty Smilt is starting off with a positive reputation.
You can buy a side glass for your door NEW for less than $50.00 with shipping from LMC truck. I bought all new glass, anti rattle kits all the window rubber and a bunch of other stuff for less than $600.00.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Posting Guru

well there yah go !!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:10 PM