Sponsored by: DP Tuner

OUO Traction Bar install, with pics...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 02:07 PM
cowboybootlegger
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by F350-6
I was thinking more in terms of axle wrap. I'm kinda of the uneducated opinion that airbags seem to make the axle wrap worse so the difference might be more pronounced.

Yeah, my axle wrap was fairly pronounced, i trashed my new heavy duty pinion u-joint in 30k miles. I'm really hoping to see a diff in ride related to wrap... I'll let you know

I guess that makes sense, but drilling all those holes had to be a pain. I guess it also makes it easier to adjust if you decide to change the lift height down the road.
Haha, it was a pain, but i've had worse pains i suppose... I was thinking back on the install, and it really would be difficult to do with the brackets welded solid...

Originally Posted by bluescrew
those forward bar mount frame brackets look purdy
Yessir! OUO does great work!

Originally Posted by Philip Berardi
that looks great man!
Thanks Philip!

Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance
Sounds good! We are already doing Walts as well.
Man, sometimes i really wish i was closer to the west coast, I would love to get in on the tech days...

Originally Posted by Waltdog
Looking good!

I will be installing a set on my truck at the end of the month. Got my drill bits and cutting fluid lol

I'm digging the short gusset in black too, Looks sharp
Sounds like you're prepared! I really liked the lower key look of the short gussets, i'm not a super flashy suspension guy.

Originally Posted by SSSimon
Looks dang nice. Love to have a set up like that on my truck but haven't got access to a welder. Do they do a set with bolt on axle mounts?

My question answered: Riffraff Diesel: One Up Offroad Bolt-On Traction Bars
Thanks, yeah i'm pretty spoiled, the place i work for just got that a Miller 211, and i love that welder! The bolt on type look pretty sweet too though.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:57 PM
cowboybootlegger
Senior User
Update on OUO traction bars, 3 years later.

Well, i put these bars on almost three years ago now, so I thought I'd post a bit of an update on 'em. I installed them at around 205k miles, and now that i'm at 318k have racked up approx 113k miles on them.
I work this truck hard; i routinely run up around 19k lbs, 13k of that is the truck alone (poor single rear wheel takes it well), and I'd guess the truck is making just north of 400 horse. It also sees a fair amount of gravel road, and minimum-maint site access roads. I have drug them thru mud and deep sand, and even used the welded on brackets for a lifting point once in a pinch.
Overall, these traction bars have held up superbly- i'm still running the original bushings and hardware, they haven't rusted or corroded (except for a few rock chips), they dont make any noises (creaks, popping, etc) and the axle wrap has been under firm control since the day I installed them. I'm completely satisfied with the results and longevity of this upgrade, and would totally recommend it to anyone looking to tighten up and gain strength and reliability in their suspension.
I've discovered recently in the course of inquiring for a friend that if one did need replacement bushings or brackets (to transfer a set of bars from one truck to another for example) OUO has them available (thru everyone's favorite Riffraff Diesel of course) for a reasonable price.
One Up Offroad has my lasting respect, great product and engineering!

Old 05-01-2014, 03:02 PM
CColt350
New User
Cowboy,
Thanks for the update, especially with the miles driven on them (a true testament). They look good, and good to hear they work as well as they look, on top of holding up to some abuse. I do get severe wheel hop in the snow (this winter), and was looking at these on Clay's site. I'll be saving up for a pair for sure. By the way great write-up and pics. Also, didn't notice anything to apologize for on the welds. Though I don't weld on a daily basis, but enjoy using the Miller Tig, and we have a Lincoln 185 wire welder, and a Miller CP302 power supply and wire feeder for the big stuff. Looking good.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:39 PM
SRBF150
Laughing Gas
Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
The update is appreciated, looking into these for my right....vibes on takeoff when towing.