6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Super cab vs Crew cab ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 12:11 AM
RogerM
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are going to have kids, which you already have one in the dog, CC is the only way to go.

I have gone from the super 6 & 3/4' box to super and long box and yes I can tell the difference in length. There ewas 14" in difference in my combonation.

The super is all I need, I just want the space for stuff, I have even taken the seat bottoms out for a little more room for my stuff. Have had supers for a long time and have never had anybody in the back.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:57 AM
Packrat Super duty
Senior User
I have 2 CC short boxes. Ones my work truck. I like the back seat to put my tools in out of the weather. And all in all the extra space really comes in handy. I had a long box CC, in 2000. Only thing I noticed different was I got more exercise, cause I had to park a long way from the Store so that I wouldn't get boxed in. It really happened once. I parked in an empty lot, at a hotel. When I went to leave I actually had to touch bumpers front and back until I was able to wiggle out.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:17 PM
cummins cowboy
Elder User
I used to drive dodges, my standard configuration was a long bed with an over the rail tool box. so in effect I was left with a short bed once all the tools were put in. however my ford crew cab, has so MUCH storage under and behind the rear seat I don't need the tool box anymore. I can keep my chains, tire chains, battery jumper, tool back and other stuff under the back seat or behind them, there is actually quite a bit of room back there, SOOOO if I had to do it gain I would get a short bed without hesitation.

so go short bed crew cab, I think the resale will be better and a super cab just sucks in actual use even with kids they are going to want the front seats scooted forward to the point of making the front people uncomfortable.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:13 AM
Snoman93
Freshman User
Sorry it took me a fews day to rspond to everyone my computter SUCKS! Thanks for all the replies!!! I am still on the fence though, there were alot of people who clearly are saying the CC and the fact that is really is only a foot and a half longer kinda brought it into prospective. As far as my city driving it is not really a city but a town with mostly all 90 degree turns ( my drive way probobly being the tightest one) There were some good points about what other cars are in the family and if the truck will be the "family truckster" or not, and right now we have my 06 F250 reg cab and a Toyota FJ crusier. My wife has already brought up that down the road after kids she is gonna want something like the suburban so now that got me thinking aswell. The truck will never be in a garage so I am not worried about parking it indoors in my desion. The short bed is pretty much out of the question, but there was a good point about all the under seat storage of the CC. I am still up in the air!! P.I.T.S. truck gave me a better look at what they should look like - what a truck that is, the one I drove the other day just was not doing it for me. I am heading to the dealler on Monday to see what they want to give me for my truck and so far that has been the limiting factor to making the plunge..... I was pretty well set on the SC untill I read everyones posts, now the CC is looking better!!! Oh boy!!!

Old 05-14-2011, 11:01 AM
CascadeF250
Tuned
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
I went from super cab to crew cab. I would never go back, the 2011 has a better turning radius than the older super cabs like my 01 was. It is a little harder to park and I try to stay out of parking garages but the crew is the only way to go for rear seat comfort and room.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:33 PM
BookBoy123
New User
Its funny snowman Im in the same boat as you(no pun intended) except I dont have the dog. Ive been going back and forth for about 4 months now. I just recently found this forum and it is a huge help. I almost pulled the trigger twice on a CC Long bed but the price turned out to be more then I felt was fair so I walked. Ive always wanted the CC but worried about the truck being to long so I thought Id just get the SC or go down to the sort bed. But when I think about it short/long bed they are both giant trucks whats another 14.5 inches. I wont be taking it into Manhattan either way. I think most parking decks are out of the question either way. And how often do I do those things anyway? 3 times a year maybe.. I have a tonneau cover and the first time I have to pick up some sheetrock in the rain or pick up a load of lumber Im going to be very happy I have the long bed.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Snoman93
Freshman User
Originally Posted by BookBoy123
Its funny snowman Im in the same boat as you(no pun intended) except I dont have the dog. Ive been going back and forth for about 4 months now. I just recently found this forum and it is a huge help. I almost pulled the trigger twice on a CC Long bed but the price turned out to be more then I felt was fair so I walked. Ive always wanted the CC but worried about the truck being to long so I thought Id just get the SC or go down to the sort bed. But when I think about it short/long bed they are both giant trucks whats another 14.5 inches. I wont be taking it into Manhattan either way. I think most parking decks are out of the question either way. And how often do I do those things anyway? 3 times a year maybe.. I have a tonneau cover and the first time I have to pick up some sheetrock in the rain or pick up a load of lumber Im going to be very happy I have the long bed.

Ya it is a tough call!!! I still cant make my mind up. I have almost just bought the SC long bed prob 5 times now. I have found that the CC is about $2300 ish more then the SC in the couple that I have found. I have been back and forth now wondering if I could get away without needing the long bed and my tool box and get a short bed but i just dont think I can!! Then the long bed CCs are a bit harder to find here around CT and dealers are trying to tell me resale on that truck wont be as high. Despite all the positives on the CC I am leaning to the F350 i first drove and have compared every truck too which is a SC 8' I wish I didnt want the 8' so much.....

Old 05-18-2011, 07:19 PM
BookBoy123
New User
Originally Posted by Snoman93
I wish I didnt want the 8' so much.....
Me too!!

Today I actually picked up 23 sheets of sheetrock in the rain and was super happy I have an 8ft bed. But hearing things like "resale is lower" makes me think twice. Not because of the resale but because Im thinking everyone else knows something I dont. I live in NJ and its hard to find a CC long bed here too, which also makes me think there's something wrong..

I dont know what to do lol

Old 05-18-2011, 07:40 PM
CornTruckDriver
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by Snoman93
Ya it is a tough call!!! I still cant make my mind up. I have almost just bought the SC long bed prob 5 times now. I have found that the CC is about $2300 ish more then the SC in the couple that I have found. I have been back and forth now wondering if I could get away without needing the long bed and my tool box and get a short bed but i just dont think I can!! Then the long bed CCs are a bit harder to find here around CT and dealers are trying to tell me resale on that truck wont be as high. Despite all the positives on the CC I am leaning to the F350 i first drove and have compared every truck too which is a SC 8' I wish I didnt want the 8' so much.....
Just ordered a SC Long a couple weeks ago here in CT Large cab long beds are in short supply around here There is a couple sc longs in glastonbury but they have black interior and thats to hot for me. Couldnt get the nav though

Old 05-18-2011, 10:19 PM
AlexWV
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BookBoy123
Me too!!

Today I actually picked up 23 sheets of sheetrock in the rain and was super happy I have an 8ft bed. But hearing things like "resale is lower" makes me think twice. Not because of the resale but because Im thinking everyone else knows something I dont. I live in NJ and its hard to find a CC long bed here too, which also makes me think there's something wrong..
If resale is really lower it's because most people want a short box not because there is anything wrong. But I dunno about that. The market is smaller doesn't mean the price is going to be less necessarily.

Dealers used to say that when you went looking for a superduty with a manual transmission too and it was usually because they didn't have one and wanted to sell you what they had. If they had one, they'd sell it to you and forget to mention the resale thing.

In short, if you want one, get one.

I won't have a short box and I don't care what that does to resale.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:26 PM
BookBoy123
New User
Originally Posted by AlexWV
If resale is really lower it's because most people want a short box not because there is anything wrong. But I dunno about that. The market is smaller doesn't mean the price is going to be less necessarily.

Dealers used to say that when you went looking for a superduty with a manual transmission too and it was usually because they didn't have one and wanted to sell you what they had. If they had one, they'd sell it to you and forget to mention the resale thing.

In short, if you want one, get one. I won't have a short box and I don't care what that does to resale.
Yeah I agree for sure. Im not really buying the truck thinking about resale, Im buying it because its a bad *** truck lol

Old 05-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Shepardsonp
Tuned
I am on my 4th PSD and for me it's Crew Cab 3 and Super Cab 1. Went CC on truck number 2, 3 and 4. Didn't know they still made Super Cabs

Old 05-18-2011, 11:59 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
I agree.
If you're thinking about the 8' bed, then you most likely have a need for it.
Don't worry about resale because you're buying this truck so you can put it to work for your needs but that's my opinion.
If you get a short bed and you spend too much time wishing you had the long bed, where's the point in that?

Who knows what the resale value will be 5-10 years down the road.
I guess if you purchase a new truck yearly "just because" then resale would be more important or if you painted the truck pink, that might hurt the value.
You never know, new pickups may not be allowed to have 8' beds in 10 years since all the talk is about making vehicles smaller and lighter.