Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want a TALL liftgate? Forget 4x2 lift supports.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 04:15 PM
XmikeX
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im 6'1 so i hope ill be able to reach w/out the rope or jumping lol and Yea already looked into that height difference and still not sure what i want the 4 or 6 thats my project for sometime in june also im looking to change the front end to a 2014 f350 so i got some things coming up with the truck i need it done before the hunting season opens few months to go

Old 04-25-2015, 07:17 AM
lunatech
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by harley4jcs
HOLY MOLY That's $18 higher than they sell them on Ebay OR there own site
Actually if you go to their site, they are $18.50 per for a total of $37 for the pair. Amazon is $2 more BUT for me shipping with Amazon is about 1/2 the cost ($7.69 vs. $13.77!!) so Amazon is cheaper than their web site for me. Not sure about Ebay, didn't check that out.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:53 AM
sessland
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
As usual getting anything done in this pathetic city is unbelievably difficult but I finally found someone to special order these for me.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:15 AM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by sessland
As usual getting anything done in this pathetic city is unbelievably difficult but I finally found someone to special order these for me.

Can you confirm what these will do over stock?

1) how much higher lift when fully extended

2) do they need assisted the whole or part way up

I'm ready to order and jogging thru that thread was a headache trying to find out what comments pertained to which of the brands that where posted.

Thank you, Joe

Old 04-25-2015, 04:28 PM
harley4jcs
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by A Rodder
Can you confirm what these will do over stock?

1) how much higher lift when fully extended

2) do they need assisted the whole or part way up

I'm ready to order and jogging thru that thread was a headache trying to find out what comments pertained to which of the brands that where posted.

Thank you, Joe

"OK, I bit the bullet & finally replaced the rear hatch lift shocks on a non lifted X. I went with the ARANA brand Part # 6421EX ,15.87" ( shipped directly from China ) off Ebay for $19.50

They went on in the correct position easily. NOW when I unlatch the rear hatch. LOOK OUT, I have to either jump back to keep from taking it on the chin OR grab the gate & go along for the ride . It takes so much effort to close the darn thing now I'm going to look like PopEye before the end of Summer. I LOVE IT !! The head room is FANTASTIC "

I'm betting W/O the EX after the 6421# they are going to be Standard.<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->

Old 04-25-2015, 04:31 PM
XmikeX
New User
I just installed mine and i got at least 10 in extra height... found on ebay for 19.50 shipped from china the height is great!

Old 04-25-2015, 04:38 PM
harley4jcs
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by XmikeX
I just installed mine and i got at least 10 in extra height... found on ebay for 19.50 shipped from china the height is great!

10+8 (6" lift) = 18" over stock You seeing that rope yet

Old 04-25-2015, 04:53 PM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
[QUOTE=harley4jcs;15303591]"OK, I bit the bullet & finally replaced the rear hatch lift shocks on a non lifted X. I went with the ARANA brand Part # 6421EX ,15.87" ( shipped directly from China ) off Ebay for $19.50

They went on in the correct position easily. NOW when I unlatch the rear hatch. LOOK OUT, I have to either jump back to keep from taking it on the chin OR grab the gate & go along for the ride . It takes so much effort to close the darn thing now I'm going to look like PopEye before the end of Summer. I LOVE IT !! The head room is FANTASTIC "

Thank you,
I just pulled the trigger, $22.83 with free shipping off Ebay.

Joe

Old 04-25-2015, 04:56 PM
harley4jcs
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by lunatech
Actually if you go to their site, they are $18.50 per for a total of $37 for the pair. Amazon is $2 more BUT for me shipping with Amazon is about 1/2 the cost ($7.69 vs. $13.77!!) so Amazon is cheaper than their web site for me. Not sure about Ebay, didn't check that out.

They were a few $'s less + free shipping, HOWEVER, $46.69 TOTAL - $19.50 TOTAL = $27.19 TOTAL MORE $ THAT'S ALMOST 2 TIMES MORE.. Is that math close enough

Old 05-02-2015, 08:58 PM
RBerry9511
Tuned
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I guess I am impatient because I went to (I know this might hurt some of you) pep boys and told the guy what I wanted. He asked for compressed and extended lengths looked it up in his book and had them in stock. I installed them in the parking lot and I LOVE them. Sorry I don't remember the part #. I just had him look up 10" compressed and 16" extended. I don't have to worry about hitting my head anymore.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:41 AM
savagefan
Senior User
Info for us Canadians

I had no luck with the local parts stores, called up LS Technologies in Saskatoon and they knew exactly what I was after (Nolan was who I dealt with). Perfect fit/length/force, I am very happy. $95 cdn taxed and shipped priority post, 2 days delivery.

Part # B8-170-410-650N GAS SPRING-2000-2005 Excursion rear hatch EXT lift.

www.lstechnologies.ca

I would like to thank everyone who posted on this topic as I never would have thought of this mod.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:21 AM
sessland
More Turbo
Originally Posted by savagefan
I had no luck with the local parts stores, called up LS Technologies in Saskatoon and they knew exactly what I was after (Nolan was who I dealt with). Perfect fit/length/force, I am very happy. $95 cdn taxed and shipped priority post, 2 days delivery.

Part # B8-170-410-650N GAS SPRING-2000-2005 Excursion rear hatch EXT lift.

www.lstechnologies.ca

I would like to thank everyone who posted on this topic as I never would have thought of this mod.
Wow those are pricey!

For that kind of money you could have ordered from the states and had them shipped.

I paid $57 Canadian, taxes in.

I'm not sure what was gained by buying locally...

Old 05-30-2015, 09:33 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For that kinda money you could have bought a lift kit

Old 05-31-2015, 01:11 AM
savagefan
Senior User
[QUOTE=sessland;15395939]Wow those are pricey!

For that kind of money you could have ordered from the states and had them shipped.

I'm not sure what was gained by buying locally...[/QUOTE
A bit high I guess, ordering from the states was a bit iffy too as when you convert dollars, add shipping and then brokerage fees, not much difference. I pulled the trigger on these parts as I was so frustrated with my local dealers who couldn't seem to get what I wanted and I wasn't sure about flea bay, obviously you made out well. I was happy talking to someone who knew the score so when I ordered the parts I felt sure they were right. I don't stress a whole lot over minor costs like these and am very happy with the result, the hatch will lift itself after the first 6", isn't too hard to pull down and they come with a decent warranty.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:59 AM
sessland
More Turbo
[QUOTE=savagefan;15397697]
Originally Posted by sessland
Wow those are pricey!

I'm not sure what was gained by buying locally...[/QUOTE
A bit high I guess, ordering from the states was a bit iffy too as when you convert dollars, add shipping and then brokerage fees, not much difference. I pulled the trigger on these parts as I was so frustrated with my local dealers who couldn't seem to get what I wanted and I wasn't sure about flea bay, obviously you made out well. I was happy talking to someone who knew the score so when I ordered the parts I felt sure they were right. I don't stress a whole lot over minor costs like these and am very happy with the result, the hatch will lift itself after the first 6", isn't too hard to pull down and they come with a decent warranty.

I guess the most important thing is you are happy with your purchase and the parts guy took care of you proper.

If you ever need anything else parts wise let me know. I might have a cheaper source depending on what it is.

Quick Reply: Want a TALL liftgate? Forget 4x2 lift supports.