Sponsored by: Moser

Weathertech vrs. Huskey floormats?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 12:42 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Pale Screw
There is a ridge about 2-3" from the edge that has kept the wet muck on the liner. I see what your talking about, but I never let my vehicles get to that point. I'm always being accused of being too **** by the misses.
I'm **** here too. I like your idea a lot, but I know that if I was to do this that on the frist trip home from the store I'd end up turning over a gallon of milk, or worse, and end up with liquids between the sill plate and the truck. Hopefully, your luck is not similar to mine!

Old 08-05-2011, 07:08 AM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on the WT rear cargo liner. I have Husky liners in the front so I didn't feel the need to spend another C-note right now. Maybe Santa will get me matching fronts for X-mas

Old 09-28-2011, 08:52 PM
jwill8957
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got wade surefit for my 2011 supercab. They were about 60 bucks cheaper than the weather tech and look the same

Old 10-07-2011, 11:31 AM
rkan
Freshman User
I have had the weathertech digital fit floorliners in two different vehicles and the coverage they provide is awesome. As far as the Wade ones go, are they made in the USA like Weathertech? It might matter to some people. You cant miss the fact that WT ones are, with thier 80 page ads in car magazines. ;-)

Old 10-07-2011, 11:40 AM
flixden
Posting Guru
I like the WT's in my Toyota, but I have to say one thing: cleaning them is a royal PITA. I use a brush and soap, but it does take a while, and my front drivers side liner does not get 100% clean anymore.
Are the Husky's better in that regard?

Old 10-07-2011, 12:10 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Hmmm my WT's are extremely easy to clean. I usually get them wet and wipe them down with a damp rag. Works for me.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:28 PM
shortride
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MCDavis
Hmmm my WT's are extremely easy to clean. I usually get them wet and wipe them down with a damp rag. Works for me.
I agree! I usually spray them with Simple Green and spray them off at the car wash.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:31 PM
thegorilla
Junior User
Originally Posted by Pale Screw
I have the Husky's as well, and like them alot. I tucked the sides under the rocker plate, and they don't move/slide around. Very easy to clean up. Use a small hand broom, and a wet towel. I like the fit better than the Weathertech.
I am about to buy front/2nd row/cargo for my 200 Excursion - did you find that your foot gets caught on the Husky's when getting in the truck? That would be my primary concern. It happened all the time on a cheap set my friend had (can't remember the brand).

Old 02-09-2012, 11:02 AM
neilsjoshn
Freshman User
If you buy weather tech do not buy the dome over ones i have had mine a year they are absolutely horrible they don't stay in place!!!!

Old 02-10-2012, 01:55 PM
flixden
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by neilsjoshn
If you buy weather tech do not buy the dome over ones i have had mine a year they are absolutely horrible they don't stay in place!!!!
The "over the hump" ones are probably those that stay in place the best, because driver and passenger sides are connected. They even connect to the two floor posts on the drivers side. I have them, they do not move a millimeter, not at all. How can you get them to move around? Seems impossible to me.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:32 PM
tspangle84
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the light grey WT liners in my 07 XLT Screw. They are very well made and fit extremely well. But there were a couple of things I didn't like about them. One, they were a pain to clean, being light gray, it seemed like they stained pretty easily, and it took a lot of scrubbing to get them clean. Second, and this is strictly a personal-preference thing, they make some noise when your feet move around on them. Carpet mats don't do that. Now that I have a Lariat, I'm hesitant to put plastic mats in my nice, luxurious interior. If I was in and out at muddy sites all the time, I could see it, but I'm not, my truck is mostly a commuter and occasional tow vehicle and Home Depot hauler.

So for now I'm sticking with my factory cloth floor mats. Besides, I have plenty of other things to spend money on with this truck.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:41 PM
flixden
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tspangle84
One, they were a pain to clean, being light gray, it seemed like they stained pretty easily, and it took a lot of scrubbing to get them clean.
I agree, same experience here. Some others have said they had no problems with that (see above in this thread). Maybe it's the grey ones only. I now have the black ones in my F-150 as they fit the carpet, let's see how they are.
Besides the cleaning, the Weathertech's have been great in my Tacoma. They have an outstanding customer service also, probably among the best I have ever seen or heard of.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:04 PM
tspangle84
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, if I were to get them again I would certainly go with a darker color. My current truck has tan seats and dark brown carpet, so I guess I'd go with black. Not sure how that would look, though.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:26 PM
neilsjoshn
Freshman User
Originally Posted by flixden
The "over the hump" ones are probably those that stay in place the best, because driver and passenger sides are connected. They even connect to the two floor posts on the drivers side. I have them, they do not move a millimeter, not at all. How can you get them to move around? Seems impossible to me.
I do not have the "over the hump" I have the dome over which from listening to tech support means that it is a dome over the two spots that lock them in instead of the ones that actually lock in. How I described it to her was the lock area is the size of a dime and the dome is the sze of a quarter and that's the amount of area the moves around. Really the best I can explain it I have a crew cab with bucket seats n center console.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:46 PM
flixden
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by neilsjoshn
I do not have the "over the hump" I have the dome over which from listening to tech support means that it is a dome over the two spots that lock them in instead of the ones that actually lock in. How I described it to her was the lock area is the size of a dime and the dome is the sze of a quarter and that's the amount of area the moves around. Really the best I can explain it I have a crew cab with bucket seats n center console.
I guess I misunderstood you. I am still not 100% sure what you mean. A few pictures would help.

Quick Reply: Weathertech vrs. Huskey floormats?