Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2009 - 2014 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum193/)
-   -   Weathertech vrs. Huskey floormats? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1060614-weathertech-vrs-huskey-floormats.html)

David Gordon 04-20-2011 11:23 PM

Weathertech vrs. Huskey floormats?

Which do you prefer. I had a set of weathertech but Huskey are quite abit cheaper.

amadas350 04-21-2011 12:16 AM

i prefer the husky since i dont like the floor mats with ridges.

having seen both i dont think you can go wrong wither way .

Killer RC 04-21-2011 01:08 AM

Weathertech makes floor mats and they also make floor liners. The floor liners usually fit better and have a more finished look. The floor mats are heavier and have ridges kinda like the Husky mats.

MCDavis 04-21-2011 05:24 AM

WeatherTech Digital Fit liners are hands down the best on the market right now. Kinda pricey, but worth every dime. I love mine.

duckhunter 51 04-21-2011 09:24 AM

Weather Tech are the best.

Deluxe05 04-21-2011 09:47 AM

I have had both Husky Floor Liners (not the Heavy Duty Floormats) and WeatherTech's DigitalFit FloorLiners.

The Husky liners did their job quite well. They are formed to contain the water, mud, and other debris with their deep lips. My only complaint was actually that the Husky Floor Liners were almost too thick, and that made them a bit of a pain to pull out & clean.

The WeatherTech liners have also done their job quite well. The front liners are built to channel water to the door opening. My main complaint with this is that it has caused some problems with water refreezing in/on the weather seal at the bottom of the door(s). Secondly, their rear floor mat (for a Crew Cab) has a tendency to wander around a bit. (Husky's rear liner stayed in place much better.)

Honestly, both are worth their money, and having had both, I would be hard pressed to say which I like better. What I will add is that the Husky offers a center hump protector spans that carpeted gap between the driver & passenger floor liners. So that may tip your decision in favor of Husky....especially if it is a work truck, or used a lot for camping, fishing, hunting, etc.

snowdog79 04-22-2011 11:28 AM

I've had the WeatherTech Floorliners front and back in my '07 SCrew since new, and I would buy them again for my other vehicles if they made them for older cars and trucks. My carpets still look like new under the liners and I never end up with water puddling up on the floors because it drains right out. Never had an issue with the water freezing up the bottom door gasket (but the top door gaskets freeze all the time if I don't spray silicon on them every couple of weeks).

shortride 04-23-2011 07:21 AM

I've got Weathertech in my '10 XLT Screw. I have had Weather tech in my last 4 Ford vehicles and love them. Huskey's may be ok but I've been more than satisfied with Weathertech. I had an issue with one of the new Weathertech mats when I first got it and Weathertech sent me a replacement without having to return anything. I had the replacement in 2 days.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...0/PC220001.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...0/P6040001.jpg

David Gordon 04-23-2011 08:47 AM

Ya I had the Weathertech in my 2010 F-150 and they were great. I just wanted to see if Husky might be as good. I can get Husky for $50 less on E-bay. Our sponsers are the most pricey I have found.

Shawn66mcl 04-23-2011 08:57 AM

I haven't had the Husky's but I have a set of the digital fit weathertechs and love them. They add a little more pizzaz to the cab I think and never bunch up under the gas peddle.

shortride 04-23-2011 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by David Gordon (Post 10255097)
Ya I had the Weathertech in my 2010 F-150 and they were great. I just wanted to see if Husky might be as good. I can get Husky for $50 less on E-bay. Our sponsers are the most pricey I have found.

I would guess that the Husky's are well worth the $50 savings. I almost bought a set of them for my '10 XLT just to check out the differences.

watatrp 07-29-2011 06:01 AM

Has anyone had any experience with either the Husky or Weatherteck mats installed over the vinyl floor?

countryboy69 07-29-2011 12:00 PM

my parents have the husky liners on there vinyl floor and they find that they slide around a fair bit. they have the little spikes on the back side and stick up on the vinyl. but i do like the fact that the husky's don't funnel the water to the rocker panel and rot the harness or truck out. For the $50 in savings i would get the husky's. they are both excellent though. It also looks like husky has changed them from when i had them in my 06

FordTruckMan2004 07-29-2011 05:11 PM

I had weathertech on my 04 and loved them. They stay in place well and are pretty deep to keep water and mud off the carpet. I would definitely go back with those.

NStorm 07-30-2011 08:23 AM

Both mats ship from the exact same address say the accessory guys...sounds like weather tech might be the top brand, and husky the 2nd tier.

I have WT digital fits in my truck, best mats I've owned. They even provided a spot to cutout for the amp in the back ( visible in shortride's second photo, against the passenger door....lousy place for an amp for a guy that uses the floor, oh well).