CharlaineC
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well thought I'd share my Pearl here.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:42 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Thanks for sharing! It's always nice to see old trucks.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:25 PM
CLT
Junior User
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie
Let me know if you want help with the bronco, either of you...

Welcome to the neighborhood 007, that 66 looks like a great start to a good driver.
I appreciate the offer. Right now money is the biggest issue, plus I still need to "finish" the F-150.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:28 PM
CLT
Junior User
Speaking of Broncos, here's one that got away. Wish I still had it.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:09 PM
79F150400M
Laughing Gas
Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
Not my DD, but working on getting it that way. Well....maybe not daily but certainly whenever I want to drive it or use it. Those 460's are a bit on the thirsty side. hehe

Old 11-08-2014, 11:25 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There's a lot of work vehicles can receive with little to no money involved.

LOVE the SCS!!!

Old 11-09-2014, 01:53 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie
There's a lot of work vehicles can receive with little to no money involved.

LOVE the SCS!!!
That is very true. At the moment I am considering buying my first house and getting out on my own. If that happens and I get the place I want, the garage is pretty large so I'd have plenty of room to start working on the bronco. Taking stuff off and fixing what I can.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:35 PM
CLT
Junior User
Just trying to keep this thread alive.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Harvey_Dentside
New User
Hey all! New member here in Kitsap County. I recently acquired my second ever Ford truck, a 1979 F250 4x4. It's got the 300, 4spd, and 4x4. It all works, but it needs pretty much everything gone through. Lots of rust, frame seems ok (at least for now ).

The engine and maybe also some of the other running gear is from an '89, with the fuel injection and emissions stuff deleted in hilarious redneck ways. It's got a 2bbl carb fitted now, runs pretty well but desperately needs some tuneup work. All I've gotten around to is the plugs/wires/cap/rotor.

Here she is (sorry about the crappy phone pics and weird sizes):

I used to have a '72 I called Bumpy Johnson (after the gangster, you perverts), but sadly I had to sell it to scrappers for moving cash because nobody could be bothered to give me $400 for a straight, solid '72...
Not a day goes by I don't miss that truck. I'll never forget you, Bumpy.

My girlfriend and I share a passion for cars and co-own a modest collection. Here's our '68 Beetle with a 1600 DP and a 4spd:

Our '89 Saab 900 S with the N/A 16v and a 5spd:

And you can't see it too well, but way back there is my favorite car (the gold one). I call it The Interceptor. It's an '89 Volvo 740 GLE 16v with a factory 4spd+OD manual gearbox. 150hp out of 2.3L and no turbo was pretty decent in '89 and makes for a fun drive. It has some suspension upgrades and handles very well, but right now is down for engine repairs due to a broken timing belt and 4 bent valves. The '83 Dodge is my friend's.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:21 PM
Behemoth
Laughing Gas
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Looks like quite the little eclectic fleet you've got started there, Harvey. The VW reminds me of my old '67 Type III fastback ("The Retarded Porsche"). I've never owned a Saab nor a Volvo, but I've always kinda liked the '67 Volvo 122s. I think it'd make a cool sleeper if done right. As for the truck, while it sounds like a bit of a Frankenstein, ya gotta like the 300/4x4 combination. The plant is indestructible, and being as torquey as it is, will probably get you anywhere. Granted, you won't win any races with it, but that's one great engine. If my '88 F150 ("Maynard") would have been a 4x4, instead of a 2WD, I'd have never sold it with the 300 and the five speed.

Anyway, welcome aboard.........it's a good crew here......and as I just figured out the new photo system for the board, I can finally post pictures again (as all my old ones are now history). 'later!

From the Mt. Spokane Church Car Show, 2014

Old 11-11-2014, 04:45 PM
Harvey_Dentside
New User
Originally Posted by Behemoth
Looks like quite the little eclectic fleet you've got started there, Harvey. The VW reminds me of my old '67 Type III fastback ("The Retarded Porsche"). I've never owned a Saab nor a Volvo, but I've always kinda liked the '67 Volvo 122s. I think it'd make a cool sleeper if done right. As for the truck, while it sounds like a bit of a Frankenstein, ya gotta like the 300/4x4 combination. The plant is indestructible, and being as torquey as it is, will probably get you anywhere. Granted, you won't win any races with it, but that's one great engine. If my '88 F150 ("Maynard") would have been a 4x4, instead of a 2WD, I'd have never sold it with the 300 and the five speed.

Anyway, welcome aboard.........it's a good crew here......and as I just figured out the new photo system for the board, I can finally post pictures again (as all my old ones are now history). 'later!

Thanks for the welcome! We're really enjoying the fleet. The Beetle is a bit of a diva. You get it all tuned up and running fine, and three days later it barely drives, lol. I'd highly recommend any older Volvo or Saab. My friend (the owner of the Dodge) swears by the 850, and it's a great car, but the 740s are RWD and very well-balanced. You can also fit a 302 in one, and many have. I'm also a huge fan of the 122S, and one day I'll have one. They only weigh about 2400 lbs and I think it would be fun to run one with the 16v like my 740 has. Do some weight reduction and a roll cage and make a nice little street/track toy.

I'm loving the truck, but man is it scary to drive right now. The rear drums lock up all the time and it's so slow it's difficult to pull out onto the 55mph road where I live, even turning right. It's hilarious and more than a little dangerous, but it's all I got to drive for now.

Know any good drum brake gurus in Kitsap?

BTW, love the truck. They look oh so good in black.

EDIT: Just to say I'm a straight six kinda guy, and I've wanted a 300 since I knew they existed, so this truck is literally my dream truck. Also, my first car was a '79 Granada with the 250. Had almost 200k on it and shot piston rings but it started and ran no matter what.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:46 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Nice collection! I had 71 super beetle, the floor was shot and the motor was rebuilt but i couldn't tune it for the life of me and it overheated. Also the gas tank didn't seal where the sender unit was so fumes went into the car. Plus the headlight wiring fried one night, right above the gas tank...

Old 11-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Harvey_Dentside
New User
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
Nice collection! I had 71 super beetle, the floor was shot and the motor was rebuilt but i couldn't tune it for the life of me and it overheated. Also the gas tank didn't seal where the sender unit was so fumes went into the car. Plus the headlight wiring fried one night, right above the gas tank...
Ha! I can relate. The engine was supposedly rebuilt and should have around 40k on it now, but we can't keep it in tune to save our lives. My girlfriend's dad is a VW guy and he's had tons of them, but even his efforts have been mixed. It also reeks of gas fumes, not sure where the leak is. And the turn signals don't work!

EDIT: It's got floor rust too! lmao

Old 11-12-2014, 06:11 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Harvey_Dentside
Ha! I can relate. The engine was supposedly rebuilt and should have around 40k on it now, but we can't keep it in tune to save our lives. My girlfriend's dad is a VW guy and he's had tons of them, but even his efforts have been mixed. It also reeks of gas fumes, not sure where the leak is. And the turn signals don't work!

EDIT: It's got floor rust too! lmao
Mine had a plethora of electrical bugs. And the motor leaked oil like no other, nor would it actually start. We had to drag it in 1st gear at 20 mph to get it to run. And it ran bad. Turns out the owner at the time didn't know he had to adjust the valves so all the valves were open. And the valve cover was crooked so it just puked black oil when it ran. It was a simple fix. The carb, I rebuilt but i don't know if it was correct, I couldn't tune it to save my life.

Spark plugs were another pain in the butt, they were hard to reach.

Quick Reply: Post a Pic of Your Ride!!!