Originally Posted by b-uno
better mileage with stage 1's?
With all my mods I still get 17-18 hwy

Old 11-29-2010, 03:39 PM
JamesHajek
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
Wow guys... Wow. To those of you who were banging on wanting to blow black smoke... I'm sure most, if not ALL, of us have been there! I used to obsess about blowing smoke and a lot of it. Still to this day I do catch myself rolling some just for fun here and there. Waste of fuel, yes... Do I do it just for fun all over a ton of people, not any more, but some morons do catch it when they tick me off. What i'm trying to say is, cut the guy a break. A lot of us wanted smoke at one point.

James, Jason, Justin, Steve... Thanks for answering the question and not tearing into this guy. I like to see that from our members here. Help the guy with what he wants, but inform him that power without the smoke is pretty cool also.

Benny, some people are getting pretty touchy on the whole smoke issue.. See there are getting to be A LOT of people that just like to go around clouding up streets with smoke and blowing it all over people for no reason. Some of them answered your question well though. Injectors is the only way to get more smoke AND POWER. Stage 1's are a nice upgrade if your not looking for tons of power and they do make some smoke before the turbo spools. They are cost effective and are safe with the stock turbo and fuel system.

You should probably do the FPR shim to get fuel pressure up where it needs to be. You already have a good chip so you will need to send that back to Jody to be reburned for stage 1 injectors

Your HPOP will run the stage 1's, but a 17* or Terminator modded 17* would get the most from the injectors. These mods can get you close to 350hp and will still tow pretty good.

If you have an automatic transmission, you might want to watch it with bigger injectors. More power can/will tear up the tranny pretty easily. If you have a manual transmission, you will be needing a new clutch before long to hold the power. Look up Valair clutch for this if you have a manual trans.

You will also be needing guages. Boost, Pyro, and trans temp(trans temp is for auto transmission only. Not needed with manual trans). With added fuel(chip or injectors or both) exhaust temps can get out of control(1200*+) and when temps get that high for extended periods of time you can melt a piston leaving you with a hefty rebuild on your hands. Get these and keep an eye on the pyro, especially when towing.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:02 PM
rideracelivemx7
Posting Guru
Better mileage with 2s!!
And my picture comment, touche salesman! Lmao rolling it at your buddies to show off is different, rolling it in the street is a dink move

Old 11-29-2010, 05:04 PM
JamesHajek
Postmaster
Originally Posted by rideracelivemx7
Better mileage with 2s!!
And my picture comment, touche salesman! Lmao rolling it at your buddies to show off is different, rolling it in the street is a dink move
Maybe the OP wanted the smoke to roll at his buddies... just sayin.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Copedawg
Lead Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
hehehe just messen with ya. I am glad you got another 7.3 OBS and came back! (salesman, lol)

Old 11-29-2010, 05:10 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
All my youtube videos except for a select 2 or 3 involve smoke somewhere.... LoL. Actually in one of them the smoke engulfes a car driving on the other side of the road. That was when I thought the smoke was the coolest thing ever. LoL I do still blow smoke at my buddies also for fun. Heck my sig pic has plenty of smoke also. haha

Old 11-29-2010, 05:24 PM
chicagodragon
Postmaster

Originally Posted by JamesHajek
Maybe the OP wanted the smoke to roll at his buddies... just sayin.
I rolled it at some punk kids standing on the side of the road messing with traffic.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:07 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe I was misunderstood or something I don't know.

Blowing smoke for fun once in a while, fine, I don't have a problem with that. Especially when you were actually going after power. But when someone asks how to make more smoke with no regard for power increases, I take offense. Sure I was once that way, but I changed my views. I hope Benny D changes his as well, if he even reads this thread anymore.

I hate the EPA and their overboard regulations. Questions like, "How do I blow more smoke?" gives them reasons to ban personal use diesels all together. That is why I hate to hear that question. It promotes government regualtion, and thats just not cool. It costs everyone money in the end.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:50 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thats true Phil and I agree. It's simple though... You can post in his thread and bash him about it or you can show him the light... I'm not one to bash on someone for this, especially since I was the same way at one point. To each their own though.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:44 AM
mountaineer27
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cleatus12r
This will catch me a ton of flak, but if you just go to youtube and type in "rollin' coal", you'll see a ton of videos and the accompanying comments from self-proclaimed diesel experts that will tell you all about how to make thick, black clouds of soot.

speeking of that. heres mine lol.

this is what the dpp chip with smokeshow looks like on stock injectors.

the same video but with sound is on my facebook if you wanna here it.

Jeff Singer | Facebook

Old 11-30-2010, 03:11 AM
mountaineer27
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cowmilker08
Maybe I was misunderstood or something I don't know.

Blowing smoke for fun once in a while, fine, I don't have a problem with that. Especially when you were actually going after power. But when someone asks how to make more smoke with no regard for power increases, I take offense. Sure I was once that way, but I changed my views. I hope Benny D changes his as well, if he even reads this thread anymore.

I hate the EPA and their overboard regulations. Questions like, "How do I blow more smoke?" gives them reasons to ban personal use diesels all together. That is why I hate to hear that question. It promotes government regualtion, and thats just not cool. It costs everyone money in the end.

thats does not give them a reason to ban personal use diesels. it does however give them a reason to enforce emmitions on diesels, witch i would bet that at least half of the people on this diesel forum arnt running there cats.? i used to love to blow smoke when i first got my truck. but now when some A$$ in a dodge passes me and blows smoke i just laugh cuz i dont need to dignify my purchase. i know what it can do and theres no need for a dick measuring contest lol. but that doesnt mean that i dont run the crap out of the old girl every once and a while and blow a billowing cloud of smoke through main street.

The EPA really doesnt have a leg to stand on when complaining about diesels. they will complain about are trucks "polluting the environment" but turn a blind eye to the use of coal in this country. coal is by far the dirtiest form of energy used today.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Krisx125
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Screw the EPA......Ill roll it when i wanna roll it.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
if i seen someone roll coal into my kids lungs sure as the day is long id be opening a 6 pak of whip @$$ on them

Old 11-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Krisx125
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by b-uno
if i seen someone roll coal into my kids lungs sure as the day is long id be opening a 6 pak of whip @$$ on them
Thats what they'd get if they're playing in/ or around traffic...

Old 11-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Krisx125
Thats what they'd get if they're playing in/ or around traffic...

ya like waiting at the bus stop?

Quick Reply: how do i make my diesel smoke more?