1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

semi ot rant

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 10:37 PM
884x4broncoII
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
semi ot rant

so today my boss calls me about 10:30 and says they need to take an 2000 f450 7.3L this after noon and it needed new glow plugs so they wanted me to get that done before they took it. so i had to drop what i was working on because i only had a few hours to change the glow plugs before they wanted to take the truck, took me an hour to get the thing started after plugging it in to pull it into the shop. got them changed out with some time to spare started the truck up started great started to back it out of the shop and it started stumbling and missing and then stalled i started chasing my tail checking wiring looking for anything that could be wrong. then i remembered the fuel gauge showed empty when i pulled it into the shop so i pulled the fuel filter and the fuel bowl was almost dry. the dang thing was out of fuel. i ran to the fuel station and filled up some gas cans with fuel got it primed and started right as the owner of the company walked in the shop to pick up the truck.

it gripes my *** that it seems non of our employees ever put fuel in anything. every time i get in a vehicle it seems like the fuel gauge is on empty. our employees dont pay for the fuel so its nothing but lazyness that they dont keep fuel in the vehicles. i wasted about 45 mins of my time becouse someone could not spend 15 mins to stop at the gas station and put fuel in it. the bad thing is that particular truck holds 100 gallons of fuel how can you run a 100 gallon tank bone dry last time i drove that truck i left it with 3/4's of a tank in it

Old 11-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Midwest Dually
Posting Guru
There are some real winners out there! If you want to really have a lucrative career, you could go into Tard Farming.. I hear crops have been great lately!

Old 11-08-2010, 10:48 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts
Even worst then that, I bet your boss didn't appreciate what you had done, in record time. In fact, he doesn't have any idea, does he?

Old 11-08-2010, 10:49 PM
chicagodragon
Postmaster

are you kidding! 'tards' are a nuisance out here. we get $3 each for them

Old 11-08-2010, 11:02 PM
884x4broncoII
Posting Guru
we have a few real winners that work for us, i fired a guy last week cause he showed up to work drunk and backed a truck into a 20 foot tall twin post sign out in front of our shop and hit it hard enough to bend both of the 8 inch round steel uprights. i knew who it was as soon as i saw it because they were the only person in and out of the shop in the time that i was gone and the damage was on the truck that he drove that day. when i confronted him about it at first denied it and when i told him the evidence i had against him his response was "well maybe i did it" his whole nonchalant attitude had me so mad if i had any less self control i would have knocked his *** out. instead i just told him regardless of weather he backed into the sign or not the alcohol i could smell on his breath was enough for me to fire him on the spot collected his keys and told him to hit the road.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:08 PM
bad12jr
Posting Guru
It's even better when your boss knows EVERYTHING. Even how to fix something he has never touched and barely knows anything about it. But there is NO one better then him.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:15 PM
884x4broncoII
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
Even worst then that, I bet your boss didn't appreciate what you had done, in record time. In fact, he doesn't have any idea, does he?
pretty much but at least what the owner does understand is what they pay for my labor (im a salary employee) vrs what it cost them for repairs when i am out on a job site somewhere and not working in the shop. what something like a glow plug job would cost them at a shop would probably run near what 2 days of my salary cost them.

the last min stuff gets on my nerves as well, sometimes they just don't allow me enough time and i'm racing to get a job done, i recently had to do ball joints and sealed wheel bearing on an 02 f350 7.3L brought the truck to me around noon and wanted it done by the following morning so the truck could be on its way on its way out of state, that was a long day.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:20 PM
884x4broncoII
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bad12jr
It's even better when your boss knows EVERYTHING. Even how to fix something he has never touched and barely knows anything about it. But there is NO one better then him.

that is one problem i don't have, the owner of the company i work for is a woman and will admit she knows nothing about mechanics. wich can be a problem as well because she does not understand how long some repairs take. you could hold up a piston and say this needs to be replaced and in there mind its only one part should be an in and out deal right?...lol

Old 11-09-2010, 09:56 AM
redman84
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My bosses like to ask the opinions of our 250+ employees and then do the opposite or whatever they were gonna do anyway on a regular basis then try to feed it to us as if it is what we chose. Do they think we don't talk to each other or something? Talk about p!$$!n me and everyone else off. I don't care if I have a say. I'm not the boss. But don't ask everyone and then do the complete opposite. Grow a set and say "This is how it's gonna be. Why? Because I'm the boss."