Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Senior User

akorcovelos is starting off with a positive reputation.
good source for lower door seals?

My truck has been missing the lower door seals since I bought it, and likely much longer given the rust I just fixed along the door bottoms.

Does anyone know a good source to get the seals from? Truck is a e99 7.3 sc sb if that makes a difference. The dealer is quoting me $40 per door, so $160 for all 4. Wondering if there is somewhere cheaper to get them from?
Old 10-18-2010, 06:31 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorcovelos View Post
My truck has been missing the lower door seals since I bought it, and likely much longer given the rust I just fixed along the door bottoms.

Does anyone know a good source to get the seals from? Truck is a e99 7.3 sc sb if that makes a difference. The dealer is quoting me $40 per door, so $160 for all 4. Wondering if there is somewhere cheaper to get them from?

Try Parts Guy Ed, site sponsor here www.partsguyed.com
Old 10-18-2010, 07:01 PM
Senior User

I don't see a listing for the lower weather stripping, just the uppers...
Old 10-18-2010, 07:17 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Parts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud of
F81Z2520758AA RH and LH - bottom of front door, New design - L shaped - must be mounted on door so when door is closed the L shape closes and makes a V shape, to make a proper seal, also push pins must be installed all the way or weatherstrip will be loose., 1999/2004 ; Ford 250 Series
Old 10-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Senior User

great! Couldn't find those browsing by make/model. I only see the front doors listed, do you carry the seals for the super cab half doors? Do you carry the push pins as well?
Old 10-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Junior User

Boss_hoss is starting off with a positive reputation.
check your local wrecking/salvage yard. i guarantee they have super duty's, the door seals may not be new but they will be inexpensive, LMC truck might have them too.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Posting Guru

Pinky Demon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
PartsGuyEd for sho.

Don't know if I will re-install my new ones though. Seems all they are good for is collecting nasty and rotting out your lower doors. (Ask me how I know! )

Do they actually keep anything out or what? I haven't noticed anything coming in so far in just rain.

Click HERE for my full review w/ pictures of the Banks Powerpack Exhaust System.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss_hoss View Post
check your local wrecking/salvage yard. i guarantee they have super duty's, the door seals may not be new but they will be inexpensive, LMC truck might have them too.
I checked the local yard because I need new mirrors, not one super duty...
Old 10-19-2010, 01:22 AM
Junior User

Boss_hoss is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
I checked the local yard because I need new mirrors, not one super duty...
i guess its just my area, super duty's are pretty popular in Oregon.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:49 AM
Postmaster

aldridgec has a very good reputation on FTE.aldridgec has a very good reputation on FTE.aldridgec has a very good reputation on FTE.aldridgec has a very good reputation on FTE.
I'm pretty sure they keep splash up out of the bottom door area. the rotting usually comes from the inside out, when the door drains get clogged and runoff from the window/upper door hangs up in side the bottom of the door.

ASE Certified Master Automotive Technician

Current Vehicles:
2002 F-250 7.3L PSD 4x4 XLT
2002 Sunset Orange Mettalic WS6 Trans Am Convertible

"Maybe is for those who lack skill"
Old 10-19-2010, 11:28 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Parts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss_hoss View Post

these things only list for $19 bucks.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:32 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Quote:
great! Couldn't find those browsing by make/model. I only see the front doors listed, do you carry the seals for the super cab half doors? Do you carry the push pins as well?

1C3Z28253A24A BODY SIDE DOOR LOWER AND 253A25, WEATHERSTRIP: [SUPERCAB NEW DESIGN L SHAPES - MUST BE MOUNTED ON THE DOOR SO WHEN DOOR IS CLOSED THE L SHAPE CLOSES AND MAKES A V SHAPE, TO MAKE A PROPER SEAL, ALSO PUSH PINS MUST BE INSTALLED ALL THE WAY OR WEATHERSTRIP WILL BE LOOSE. CLIPS INC
Old 03-09-2012, 09:11 AM
New User

fabiodriven is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hello all. I need the lower strips the OP is referring to, but I also need the same strips for my rear doors as well. I can't seem to find the part# for my rear doors. I have the full 4-door F-350. Thank you.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Senior User

northwindone has a good reputation on FTE.northwindone has a good reputation on FTE.northwindone has a good reputation on FTE.
I need to replace these on my rear doors as well as one front door. They do keep mud out from between the door and the area right under the inner seal. I don't have an actual part number, but if you look at Parts Guy Ed's website (Horizon Ford, just click his links above or do a Google search for 'partsguyed') you'll find them under:
Collision Catalog - (YEAR) - Ford - F-350 SUPER DUTY
body hardware, rear door, door & components, lower wstrip CREW CAB Left (or right obviously)
Old 03-09-2012, 10:51 AM
New User

fabiodriven is starting off with a positive reputation.
It says CREW CAB, which I thought was the half-door trucks. After that it says SUPER CAB which I was thinking my full 4-door truck is, but it doesn't list a strip for the SUPER CAB.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:51 AM