Old 10-13-2010, 09:14 PM
DidgeriDood
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so confused about DashDaq

I have been reading about DashDaq
-I see its pretty much a really good monitor through the OBDII

I have been reading so much my brain hurts

Does this tune at all? pre loaded tunes?

All I really want is three modes and one option
-be able to produce black smoke
-better fuel economy
-power but not to much
-and the one option be able to change tire size to be able to read my speed.

any advice would be great... again my brain hurts have been reading pretty much all damn day!

thinking dashdaq-XL with SCT SF3 if thats what I need.

2004 F350 6.0L
4" MBRP exhaust no muffler
37" toyo MT
8" lift

Thanks guys!

Old 10-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Midwest Dually
Posting Guru
This looks to be a basic read programer. Though when looking at Spartan systems, they share a similiar viewable system, but also include tunes up to DPF delete.

From everything I have seen with this one, it is a read only, but runs off of existing sensors and ECU. I dont know how accurate factory sensors are now days, but learned to use aftermarkets for more accurate information. That one is my two cents worth.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:44 PM
DidgeriDood
Junior User
Thank you Midwest Dually!

After some emails and many questions I have found this

Dashdaq = just a reader, it pretty much reads all your engine stats from the OBDII port and if you buy the ford license you can read thousands of different stats.

I have chose to go with Spartan, I have sent them an email with questions and they exceeded my expectations with answering each question with more than I asked!

Old 10-16-2010, 12:50 AM
Midwest Dually
Posting Guru
I have heard a lot of great things about Spartan, so I think you will be pleased if you pick one up!

Old 10-16-2010, 12:57 AM
DidgeriDood
Junior User
Yeah I should be buying it within a week or so! Then how ever Long it takes me to get my strategy code to Spartan and then for me to receive the codes! It sucks I have a Mac so I have to use my friends computer

Old 10-16-2010, 01:03 AM
Midwest Dually
Posting Guru
Eh, well.. you know the story.. Best of toys require some kind of nusiance to follow! LOL!

Let us all know how it works out for you too!

Old 10-16-2010, 10:41 AM
dave at BD Power
Former Vendor
We Specialize in the Powerstroke at Bernhausen Diesel, I am a SCT and DashDaq stocking dealer and have been selling and installing lots of the Dashdaq with Spartan tunes. In 10 years I have not seen a diesel performance tuner made with the level of quality the DashDaq has. We were doing mostly 6.4L with DPF option becuase the DashDaq did not read EGT's on the 6.0L until recently. We have designed a pyro kit for the 6.0L that works great. Needless to say we sell a bunch for both 6.0L and 6.4L now.

They are in stock at at BernhausenDiesel.com and the pyro kit for the 6.0L sells for $199.00.

Hope this helps!

Dave

Old 10-16-2010, 06:54 PM
DidgeriDood
Junior User
Well it looks like ill be buying the tuner much soon than expected! hopefully within the month of OCT. So excited, I will let you guys know how it goes! I have been thinking about an EGT kit so bernhausen I will deff check out your product.

I am interested in your EGR delete, intake, but I do not see your pyro kit on your site. have a link? also do your products like your EGR delete come with directions for installation?

steveo

Old 10-17-2010, 12:57 PM
dave at BD Power
Former Vendor
Sorry about the website, it is still very new and in its early atages. I just finished the pyro kits last month but can e-mail you an image if you like until I get them up. I will try to get some images up this week and add the Dash Daqs to the 6.0L page on the next update.

We build our EGR kits in house and I am starting an EGR installation page with images similar to our 6.0L Headgasket Page but with more written detail.

You can see some of the EGR install on the headgasket page as well.

Old 10-17-2010, 01:51 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DidgeriDood

I am interested in your EGR delete, intake, but I do not see your pyro kit on your site. have a link? also do your products like your EGR delete come with directions for installation?
I may be too late, but for what it is worth.

On a 6.0, you really don't need an EGR delete or bypass. As long as you don't idle for long periods of time w/o a high idle circuit and I would say once a week if you don't tow, get it up to operating temps and have some fun, blow out the carbon in other words. Contrary to popular opinion, the EGR system isn't the unreliable piece of crap that a lot of people make it out to be. Oh by the way, the main culprit in EGR cooler failure is casting sand that is left in the Oil Cooler that plugs up the Oil cooler, causing that to fail which leads to EGR cooler failure. Delete the EGR Cooler and you can still have Oil Cooler failure. If you don't have casting sand(like I didn't), you shouldn't have Oil Cooler failure which translates into shouldn't having an EGR Cooler failure. This is all dependent on you not doing something "stupid" with your truck.

Intakes are a waste. I have not see one that flows better then the stock intake until you hit 3700 on the tach. Peak HP/TQ is made at 3300 and 2000 respectively on a stock or just tuned 6.0. You are well outside the RPM range of a 6.0 by the time that intake flows more then stock. Filtration on aftermarket intakes is also iffy at best.

This is all coming from someone that is pushing 508 horses(more then what you can get with tuning alone) with Spartan custom tuning still original EGR and Oil Cooler and stock intake. There are also people pushing more HP then I am and still using stock intake system, they do not have the EGR systems though as they are flowing too much fuel for that system to handle. I'm at 40% over stock as it is, no issues. Go figure for a supposed unreliable system.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:20 PM
sandmanf250
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
smoke

do you really think you can roll coal and get good fuel milage.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:59 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sandmanf250
do you really think you can roll coal and get good fuel milage.
One thing I have never liked is the tuner companies that try to expound the potential for MPG gains with tunes that are by their very nature performance tunes.

Sure, you might see MPG gains after putting on a tune, however, that doesn't mean the tune itself brought about that increase. It could have been a combination of things(tune might be a factor in that) or something that was also done at the same time as the addition of the tune, but wasn't taken into account for whatever reason.

I always to try tell people to get tunes for performance or fun factor. If you happen to get a boost in economy... great, but that's icing on the cake. You may or may not get it at all and you might even lose economy.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:18 PM
dave at BD Power
Former Vendor
6.0L Spartan Tune With Pyro

Ok I have the pyro kits for the 6.0L in stock and up on the web now, sorry for the dealy... I am such a slacker

6.0L Spartan / Dashdaq Consoles with PYRO KIT now in stock at BernhausenDiesel.com

Dave

Old 10-22-2010, 07:22 PM
DidgeriDood
Junior User
would you be able to sell a pyro kit alone?

Old 10-23-2010, 11:45 AM
dave at BD Power
Former Vendor
Yes I can sell the pyro kit seperatley $199.00 + shipping. I will have them up on the site this week. Call, PM or e-mail me if you would like one sooner.

Dave