6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Looking for suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 02:02 AM
armyben11381
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for suggestions

Does anyone have opinions on SPE MOTORSPORTS or SPELABS. Looking for a CCV Reroute Kit

Old 05-06-2024, 06:20 AM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Received 1,033 Likes on 792 Posts
I just bought 20 ft of 1” hose and a few other misc things .

did the ccv brought mainly to reduce heat going into engine..visiting Florida now and had 50 degree intake air spikes at red lights .

but be advised.. even if you do a ccv reroute..egr is still going to pump a lot of soot back into your intake.

Old 05-06-2024, 03:04 PM
jimzpsd
Fleet Mechanic
Received 331 Likes on 234 Posts
I too did a reroute. I used an ebay model for $53. Mine bolted on with ease, well made, silicone hose, etc.

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-06-2024, 04:33 PM
kayakingpoodle
Mountain Pass
Received 117 Likes on 83 Posts
I like SPE Motorsports, but bought SPE Labs. You can piece meal from ebay and amazon depending on the deals you can find and what you're time is worth to you, at the end of the day they are all doing the same job in much the same way in a given price range. Staying with a closed system is not going to gain you much over the stock system and those tend to cost significantly more than the open systems you asked about. Off the top of my head Fritz has spent almost 1k on building a "better" closed system and ultimately went to an open system in the end, but I bet he learned a lot.

Old 05-06-2024, 09:08 PM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Originally Posted by kayakingpoodle
about. Off the top of my head Fritz has spent almost 1k on building a "better" closed system and ultimately went to an open system in the end, but I bet he learned a lot.
the closed system using the racor filter was short of 400 bucks and not installed yet. The racor filter is in nyc and I am in Florida right now.

while in Florida I converted to open air becuase I didn’t want the heat going back into the engine only to have the cooling system take it back out.

what will I do when I get back to nyc…I’ll probally catch can the open air near the motor so I can collect the fluids in the trap and not have it drip down the road.

The heat was the new relevation for me ….while in Florida I monitored ambient air temp vs IAT air temp and with the ccv your adding 40 degrees to the mid nineties Florida heat.

so yes…now that I have the open air ccv delete in…I could have saved 400 bucks and just used a coffee can . Don’t know if there is any real value to filter ccv gas down to .3 microns if your just free airing it.

Old 05-06-2024, 11:32 PM
kayakingpoodle
Mountain Pass
Received 117 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by speakerfritz
the closed system using the racor filter was short of 400 bucks and not installed yet. The racor filter is in nyc and I am in Florida right now.

while in Florida I converted to open air becuase I didn’t want the heat going back into the engine only to have the cooling system take it back out.

what will I do when I get back to nyc…I’ll probally catch can the open air near the motor so I can collect the fluids in the trap and not have it drip down the road.

The heat was the new relevation for me ….while in Florida I monitored ambient air temp vs IAT air temp and with the ccv your adding 40 degrees to the mid nineties Florida heat.

so yes…now that I have the open air ccv delete in…I could have saved 400 bucks and just used a coffee can . Don’t know if there is any real value to filter ccv gas down to .3 microns if your just free airing it.
For some reason I thought you had a mishi catch can too, sorry about that. Try some Texas heat, we don't have near the water Florida has cooling them off, rain or saltwater.
I was looking forward to seeing your results with that filter on a closed system, maybe someone at a higher latitude than me will buy one or yours if you can't return the filter.

Old 05-07-2024, 08:39 AM
acdii
Logistics Pro
Received 2,054 Likes on 1,394 Posts
Could use the cheese grater to absorb and remove the oil with a hose to purge the gasses and vapors away. The more oil and water you can keep out of the intake, the better.

Old 05-07-2024, 08:49 AM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Originally Posted by acdii
Could use the cheese grater to absorb and remove the oil with a hose to purge the gasses and vapors away. The more oil and water you can keep out of the intake, the better.

this is a good idea…

if the air is being sent back to the intake…I would recommend sheet metal type graters which I think most are….this way you won’t have to worry about metal screens falling apart and going into your engine….but…if your free airing your ccv gas….i think the metal screen approach might be good..cut to size…roll it up…put it in your canister. Metal screen sheets come in different size micron rating on amazon ..worth investigating….but don’t use metal screen if routing air back to the intake.

Old 05-07-2024, 09:14 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,519 Likes on 4,747 Posts
Originally Posted by kayakingpoodle
For some reason I thought you had a mishi catch can too, sorry about that. Try some Texas heat, we don't have near the water Florida has cooling them off, rain or saltwater.
I was looking forward to seeing your results with that filter on a closed system, maybe someone at a higher latitude than me will buy one or yours if you can't return the filter.
I'm still considering that Racor filter to possibly replace my Mishimoto can but I had zero time for looking into THAT but will do once I get to look at installing my SPE hot pipe...

Old 05-07-2024, 09:36 AM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Overkill2
I'm still considering that Racor filter to possibly replace my Mishimoto can but I had zero time for looking into THAT but will do once I get to look at installing my SPE hot pipe...
when I get back to nyc, I’m going to install the racor on the outside frame by the skid plate bolts.

right now I have a temporay 1” hose to the back of the truck…which I like be use no in cab smell and no ccv heat into engine.

debating on using the racor early in the line and keep it free air ….which would catch fluids so no free air hose fluid drip.

or, use a y valve to free air it in warm/ hot months and return to engine during cool/cold months.

Old 05-07-2024, 11:24 AM
4wd6.7L
Lead Driver
Received 2,093 Likes on 1,572 Posts
Originally Posted by armyben11381
Does anyone have opinions on SPE MOTORSPORTS or SPELABS. Looking for a CCV Reroute Kit
SPE motorsports is an American company who actually develops some of the products they sell. SPELABS is a knock off company, most likely of offshore origin. There are numerous random sellers of knock off CCV reroute kits, you could probably find the same looking product, maybe a different color, even cheaper than SPELABS

The following 3 users liked this post by 4wd6.7L:
Old 05-08-2024, 07:56 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,519 Likes on 4,747 Posts
when I get back to nyc, I’m going to install the racor on the outside frame by the skid plate bolts.

right now I have a temporay 1” hose to the back of the truck…which I like be use no in cab smell and no ccv heat into engine.

debating on using the racor early in the line and keep it free air ….which would catch fluids so no free air hose fluid drip.

or, use a y valve to free air it in warm/ hot months and return to engine during cool/cold months.

Keep it up Doc... love your out of the box thinking.

https://www.sirquotesalot.com/wp-con...rious-****.jpg

Old 05-08-2024, 09:19 AM
acdii
Logistics Pro
Received 2,054 Likes on 1,394 Posts
this is a good idea…

if the air is being sent back to the intake…I would recommend sheet metal type graters which I think most are….this way you won’t have to worry about metal screens falling apart and going into your engine….but…if your free airing your ccv gas….i think the metal screen approach might be good..cut to size…roll it up…put it in your canister. Metal screen sheets come in different size micron rating on amazon ..worth investigating….but don’t use metal screen if routing air back to the intake.
Actually I was referring to this. https://www.spemotorsport.com/produc...7l-powerstroke

Other half of it https://www.spediesel.com/products/c...36fa83b8&_ss=r

Old 05-08-2024, 09:25 AM
Ethanfoster
Cross-Country
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
If you want a solid CCV Reroute Kit that's high-quality and built to last, I'd recommend SPE Motorsport. But if you're on a budget, SPELABs offers a cheaper option, though it might not be as top-notch.

Old 05-12-2024, 09:58 PM
SARDiverDan
Cargo Master
Received 424 Likes on 245 Posts
Also, check out the old 7.3 diesel threads. Many of us made our own for those trucks. I used some rubber tubing, a piece of pvc, some caps, a shower drain, some chore boy copper scrubbers, and a drain valve.

Quick Reply: Looking for suggestions