2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Secure place to store your pistol up front? Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 04:39 AM
wolffee
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Secure place to store your pistol up front? Ideas

Ok so long story short I need some ideas. Mind you I have the 40/20/40 front seat configuration. Need a good hiding spot to store my carry piece. Not allowed to bring into work and won't consider not going back and fourth without it. Need somewhere I can stash it during the day that's somewhat convenient so if some one does a smash and grab it's not easily found. Thanks

Old 12-19-2018, 04:44 AM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
The lower console in a lock box tethered to your truck. Assuming that its legal to store a firearm in your vehicle....

Old 12-19-2018, 05:25 AM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,740 Likes on 1,330 Posts
I just keep mine in the center console (the armrest when the jump seat is in the down position). My work is gated and I park under the camera at the front entrance.

Old 12-19-2018, 05:58 AM
blueiron
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the few instances I left a firearm in my truck, I always stored it in my WeatherGuard tool box that had a lock box bolted into it and never inside the truck cab. It only takes a minute or two using simple hand tools to get into these trucks and putting another stolen firearm on the street is a terrible result to a vehicle burglary.

The cab is not a safe place for valuables.

Old 12-19-2018, 05:59 AM
BillyE
Fleet Mechanic
Received 202 Likes on 111 Posts
I’ve used center console (top or bottom), door pocket, glove box. The lower console locks on my truck. I don’t think that’s the case with all trim levels.

Old 12-19-2018, 06:14 AM
bushpilot
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
not having it locked is imo risky if not leaving yourself open to personal liability - vehicles are too easily broken into.

Console Vault makes a locking safe/system for all of our trucks (bucket seat / console or 40/20/40 bench seat).

https://www.consolevault.com/vault-t...uper-duty.html

Old 12-19-2018, 06:25 AM
BGMSPD
Laughing Gas
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Let me start by saying that this is not to offend you or anyone else on this forum, but to merely "stash" or "hide" a firearm inside a vehicle is irresponsible no matter where you park, live or work. Simply using a cable style lock through the trigger guard to a seat frame will at least keep the smash and grab people from taking a firearm that could later be used to cause serious injury or death to someone else. I know that may be extreme but you have to consider the consequences of what we're talking about here. The last thing you want is to possibly know your stolen firearm, that could have been prevented, hurt or killed someone else.

Old 12-19-2018, 06:50 AM
alabamatoy
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BGMSPD
The last thing you want is to possibly know your stolen firearm, that could have been prevented, hurt of killed someone else.
No firearm has EVER killed anyone. They are inanimate objects, every single one. Just like Ford trucks, do they kill people too?

Old 12-19-2018, 07:07 AM
jergle
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I keep a lockable safe under the front seat with the cable around the seat frame. These are very cheap, and the extra security is well worth it.
Amazon Amazon

Old 12-19-2018, 07:29 AM
zeroo
Cargo Master
Received 493 Likes on 273 Posts
Originally Posted by BGMSPD
Let me start by saying that this is not to offend you or anyone else on this forum, but to merely "stash" or "hide" a firearm inside a vehicle is irresponsible no matter where you park, live or work. Simply using a cable style lock through the trigger guard to a seat frame will at least keep the smash and grab people from taking a firearm that could later be used to cause serious injury or death to someone else. I know that may be extreme but you have to consider the consequences of what we're talking about here. The last thing you want is to possibly know your stolen firearm, that could have been prevented, hurt or killed someone else.
Absurd to place blame on anybody but the thief.

Lock it in your console and lock your truck.

Old 12-19-2018, 08:15 AM
Turbo Dog
Cargo Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
^^X2
I like the cable through the trigger idea.

Old 12-19-2018, 08:43 AM
Sonny Crockett
Tuned
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbo Dog
^^X2
I like the cable through the trigger idea.
Sure until you forget to unlock it and then need it.

Old 12-19-2018, 08:58 AM
Lost me beer
Mountain Pass
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
My opinion?
Leave it in the door panel. Easy, quick when needed, and secure in a locked truck when gone. You have done due diligence by locking the truck. Many more people are killed from a stolen car than a stolen gun.
If it makes you more tingly inside, just install a trigger guard. Lock that in a small lock box, lock that inside a custom frame mounted steel box. Then park ur truck in a locked shipping container and have that parked on a deserted island... With sentries.
Beyond a locked truck, or maaaaybe a locked center console, its overkill. You will not be held liable if a thief takes ur weapon.
Troy

Old 12-19-2018, 08:59 AM
Imadentguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The pinnical of resposibility when it comes to an unsecured firearms or valuables in a vehicle is a truck vault..

Old 12-19-2018, 09:13 AM
Chrislorl6211
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Generally it is on my side, but when I need to enter a building that does not allow firearms I use a lock box in my center console that is bolted down. As soon as I exit the building I retrieve my weapon and store it in either the center console side pocket or my belt while driving. Oh, and yes there is one in the chamber, and a full Magazine (to be proper ), safety on.. No different then a revolver or a LEO carrying.
I believe Santa is bringing me a console vault because she saw me looking at them and said "Hey my purse would fit in there too". And yes she has a weapon in her purse as well.

Quick Reply: Secure place to store your pistol up front? Ideas