Any other K-Z New Vision Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 06:45 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Any other K-Z New Vision Owners?

I figured I would post up in here since we just acquired a 2010 New Vision by K-Z Toyhauler. We sold our last very heavy and long bumper pull. It was my first BP and absolutely my last. This "new to us" RV is our third one. We have wanted K-Z for some time and finally found one we liked. I'll get some photos up pretty soon. For a 2008, it is super clean, one owner, and very well taken care of. I cannot believe the room in this thing and the attention to detail. I just winterized it yesterday and it was a breeze. It is very user friendly. Not so with our last unit. Anyways, pics to come!!

Old 10-03-2018, 07:20 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Name:  IMG_20180922_145237.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  4.83 MB
Name:  IMG_20180922_145222.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  1.35 MB
Name:  IMG_20180922_145315.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  4.67 MB
Name:  IMG_20180922_145352.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  1.15 MB

Attached Images  
Old 10-03-2018, 07:31 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,418 Likes on 1,013 Posts
very nice. We have a KZ Stoneridge a 2013. It seems on some things KZ was ahead of the game in design and features.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:45 AM
vtfireftr
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2017 KZ Sportsman Sportster. Great rig. I had never heard of them until I saw at RV show a few years back. When it's time to go bigger, I will definitely go KZ again. I ordered mine without the graphics.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:38 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by senix
very nice. We have a KZ Stoneridge a 2013. It seems on some things KZ was ahead of the game in design and features.
Thanks Scott. I completely agree. Even though ours is 10 years old, it's still nicer and has more attention to detail than most newer rigs we looked at. The best is that it is PAID FOR.

These photos are the day after I brought it home. I already started doing decal restoration and removal along with a major exterior cleaning. I'll take new photos once that part is done. It does not have any delam and the gel is in great shape. It just has bugs and that black film they get when neglected. It also has a little ding on the front cap that was repaired, but not to my standards. I'll have to look at getting that fixed too, but it'll come later. The odd thing is, the interior is like new and still smells new. We found a couple of other K-Zs that were just horrible as far as condition. I could not believe what people were asking for some of these piles.

Originally Posted by vtfireftr

I have a 2017 KZ Sportsman Sportster. Great rig. I had never heard of them until I saw at RV show a few years back. When it's time to go bigger, I will definitely go KZ again. I ordered mine without the graphics.
Nice! If I had ordered new, I would have definitely gone sans graphics. That looks really sharp! It was the same for us. We looked at some at an RV show a few years ago. We could not drop the coin on a new one, but the sales guy said if we could find anything 2006 or newer, we would be ahead of the game, so that's what we did. It took awhile. I called on three that were sold the day they posted for sale, but then this one popped up. I had to drive 15 hours to get it, but it was worth it to us.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:11 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
I have been trying to get the new-to-us toyhauler cleaned up and other projects done before the cold cold weather hits. I did get it winterized first thing, so that part was done. K-Z must have had a really had a good group of engineers when they built this trailer. They designed everything easy to do maintenance-wise. Winterizing took all of 30 minutes. The rest has just been cleaning, replacing vent covers that were sun-rotted....that sort of thing. The rig is in fantastic shape, but it has needed the normal age related stuff replaced. I have also been cleaning it to my specifications, such as screens, windows, etc. I am enjoying it though. It is coming together nicely! I put LED taillights on it, but I am trying to decide if I want to do all of the running lights in LED as well. Not sure on that one yet. I did get all new lenses, so the lights are nice and bright. I also removed two of the bigger decals. They were black, so they were destroyed by the sun as well. I don't recommend it for the faint of heart. That was NOT an easy job. It looks just OK, but maybe I'll get some new ones made to cover the ghosting they left behind.

Old 10-23-2018, 04:03 PM
senix
Super Moderator
pay attention to the seals around the slides. I have been working on all of mine. The calking is 6 years old and is showing its age so I have been redoing them.

Old 10-23-2018, 06:28 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
pay attention to the seals around the slides. I have been working on all of mine. The calking is 6 years old and is showing its age so I have been redoing them.
Yeah, I had to do this on my last RV. These, fortunately for me, were replaced last year and you can tell because they are pretty nice and very supple. It's not a real difficult job, but it can get pricey and time consuming.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:15 PM
senix
Super Moderator
my seals were fine, not brittle or anything, just the calking.

I also have a wheel bearing repack to do over the winter. I have two seasons on the current repack so it is time. I have shot grease in them periodically so I am sure they are ok, but new grease and seals is a good thing.

I have about 30K on the brakes so I may need to do those as well.

Might check those items on yours as well.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:48 PM
tomsoftail
Cross-Country
Nice looking rig. Been looking myself but haven't found anything that nice looking. A lot seem to be really dirty like they let the kids play in it...

Old 10-24-2018, 08:14 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
my seals were fine, not brittle or anything, just the calking.

I also have a wheel bearing repack to do over the winter. I have two seasons on the current repack so it is time. I have shot grease in them periodically so I am sure they are ok, but new grease and seals is a good thing.

I have about 30K on the brakes so I may need to do those as well.

Might check those items on yours as well.
The place I bought it from did the bearings before I picked it up. He did tell me the magnets were in good shape. They don't like anything to leave their lot unsafe. I will tell you that I did find a major negative. So, the axles are height adjustable. They can be moved into one of two holes on the spring hanger brackets. My trailer is on the lowest setting. Well, the grey water shower drain pipe is between the axle and the underneath. There is not enough room for that 1.5" pipe and it got crushed and broken, so I will have to address that by replacing it and running it underneath the axle. Not gonna be fun, but it's gotta be done. I'll see if I can get some photos.

Originally Posted by tomsoftail
Nice looking rig. Been looking myself but haven't found anything that nice looking. A lot seem to be really dirty like they let the kids play in it...
I feel your pain. We looked pretty darn hard. I could not believe some of the stuff people were trying to pass of as habitable LOL....We were looking for this particular manufacturer so we didn't have to go into debt getting a new one. That made the search that much harder. The first one we looked at was more expensive than this one by $2k. The guy kept veering me away from the underneath storage trying to show me all of the cool stuff he had done. Well, I finally get around to lifting the door on the storage and right away the smell of sewer hit me in the face. The wife had broken the pipe coming form the toilet and sewage had spilled all into the storage area. he says, "oh I'll help you clean that up. We will make it good as new"!!!! Hahahahahaha, no thanks...later.

Keep looking and be willing to drive. This one was 15 hours from me, but the price and the condition were right. It was worth it.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:27 AM
motocamper
Senior User
We have a 2005 Sportsman 37kx2. It is 40' with 3 slides. We love it. It has been very reliable. I like the double stacked rectangular tube frame.

Old 12-01-2018, 11:41 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by motocamper
We have a 2005 Sportsman 37kx2. It is 40' with 3 slides. We love it. It has been very reliable. I like the double stacked rectangular tube frame.
This looks exactly the one we have. Nice rig!!

Old 12-01-2018, 11:45 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Tough issue on the drain, poor planning on that one. Wonder if you could extend it in the belly and have it come out in front of or behind the axles.

Old 12-01-2018, 11:52 AM
motocamper
Senior User
Originally Posted by BBslider001
This looks exactly the one we have. Nice rig!!
thanks! I recently did an axle flip on it. It was way too low for the new 450. We are thinking about redoing the interior to make it more modern.

Quick Reply: Any other K-Z New Vision Owners?